Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Sapphira Crystal's image is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

RPDR Canada: Seriously, the makeover challenge is all about getting rid of the queens they want to get rid of. "You're twinning TOO hard." WTF?! Supernova Matrix should have let Aurora Matrix get to the top. Denim obviously is the best. Venus didn't deserve a top position, she was totally middle of the pack. Buffy 'Nough and Conchita Verga deserved bottom though. I'm surprised; Melinda knows how to sew and she made her husband THAT gown? I knew the makeup was going to be bad, considering Melinda has weird makeup with (I agree with Brooke) not enough blush.

GODDAMN IT, NEARAH NUFF STAYED. UUUUUUUGH. FML

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Does anyone know where the new US season will stream in the US?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Xunami is relying on pretty. I knew it was between her and Amanda, who is talented, but MESSY. I am glad no one is out though because I appreciate that the queens get at least one episode to make their mark and show their best skill before being Porkchopped. I am worried about the queens voting because we saw how it works in All-Stars. Factions and strategic voting means the best queens go home too soon and leave middle ground bitches to win.

Totally agree with the tops. Sapphira gave great Symone lipsync in that she started out subtle, but then burst out in a show. Q and Dawn are amazing too. I can’t wait to see them duke it out in a sewing challenge. I was ready to not like Mirage because I don’t like mean girls, but she werked those stripper heels so I’m here for her too.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Demon_Corsair posted:

At this point I feel like you should not be allowed to lip sync your own song at the talent show. It’s your song and singing is your talent, do it live.

I know the point is to get royalties from your song being in the show.

<_< Adore would like to have a word with you about the problems of singing your own song live in a talent show.

I mean, I know singing live is hard and she has the capability, considering she's done it before on American Idol and on tour, but production can gently caress around with how it comes out SO easily, it's easier to lipsync.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I gotta say one thing. I love Theron; watched Monster, Mad Max Fury Road, and Atomic Blonde avidly. But maybe it's my race or generation, but I'd be more stoked to meet Becky G. I know someone complained about the guests being skewed in terms of level of famousness, but it's all different strokes for different folks, you know?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

The only queen I'm not feeling right now is Morphine, and that's solely based on her performance and runway look in the premiere. The mug is great, I love a fierce confessional, but she didn't live up to the game she was talking before the going first on the Main Stage.

But, that's a mild complaint and she has plenty of time to step it up.

She gives great talking head. Her reaction to Amanda's lipsync was just on this side of mean, with a hint of being nice. Very much, "Meh." I loved it.

Although a runway look being an off-the-rack swimsuit, even a tasteful one? BASIC.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

curiousTerminal posted:

Side note: Where tf are these queens getting these impossibly bouncy breastplates?? this is the second time that fake titties that are breastiling boobily have enhanced a lipsync, when previously they were a stiff, awkward detriment.

I dunno about that, but when Michelle Visage implies your fake breasts are "My First Breastplate" and I think, the Fischer-Price of boobies, you gotta change the game up. Made me laugh to the point of tears when I heard that.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

curiousTerminal posted:

she bombs the mountain climbing in heels challenge or some poo poo.

For two seconds, I thought you were talking about RPDR-Canada where they had to do this for their first pictorial.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

CDR finale

This season was an incredible ride, even if it ended up giving us the Krystal Versace of Canada. Well, that's not fair. Krystal can lip sync and her aesthetic is stunning. Anyway, can't wait for Melinda to have a Mo Heart style glowup and smash an AS season.

Agree!!! I hated this ending because we all knew it was going to happen this way. Venus, I hate to say this, is a beautiful specimen out of drag naturally. So to say their drag is, “I don’t pluck my brows, I don’t tuck, use Marcia Marcia Marcia amount of makeup and look THIS good,” and you reward that level of “effort.” Boo Drag Race. Boo!

Not to mention, even with Furtado’s shittiest song, Aurora took it in the lipsync. Trash. Trash this entire season.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

car dance posted:

The last few seasons of UK and Canada have made me feel like that: I don't remember who won, I don't remember rooting for anyone, and the finales are all "eh, any one of them could win and it's whatever to me".

I remember Danny Beard/Cheddar Gorgeous. I remember (before I dropped Canada that season) that I was fond of Giselle Lullabye. I remember NOTHING else. Just vague notions of liking those three.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Michelle, what a bitch. Plasma was a Master at all of those talents. She wasn't a master of none. <__<

Whooo! Geneva and Nymphia doin' it for the culture!!! Love it.

Plane Jane is gunning for overbearing villainess. I wasn't annoyed by anything except her flipping her hair right in the face of Geneva. UGH. I was mad. Also, I know it would have been unfair, but Mayores is Becky G's best song. It's Spanish, but dammit, I want to see it done in RPDR. Maybe Mexico? Whatever.

Megami first one out or Amanda Tori Meating?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Well, it's a ball challenge

I’m worried about that. Mirage seemed to have a lovely outfit and was readying herself to lipsync. They could do a shock thing and give her a slow song she can’t heel clack and Swiffer her way through. Which would SUCK. I find her bitchy in a more realistic, Mistress type of way than Plane Jane.

Speaking of, I totally want to see the interactions between Mirage and Plane Jane. Wonder Bitch powers, activate!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Eej posted:

I don't know how people can stand people like Jane but I know unrelenting negativity is the kind of TV Americans love so I expect her to make it all the way to the end and I'll skip the whole season

E: she's not a TV villain, just a person on TV being an rear end in a top hat

I'm in this camp too. But I grit my teeth and bear it because the drag queens are that talented, funny, and beautiful. I do the same thing on most of my "competition" reality shows (minus the beautiful) that I watch (I.E. Project Runway, Top Chef, etc.). I just don't like seeing people being jerks.

It's also why I can't watch stuff like Succession. :smith:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

Tia Kofi or Marina Summers for me.

Also, Gothy Kendoll? Really?

Gothy Kendoll shocked me too. I'm looking forward to Philippines v. France in this show, since those have SUPER talented queens. Also, here's a video, in case you can't recognize the queens from that group shot, like me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA_mTDnxiCU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Dragula: Well deserved win, but did anyone notice before revealing who won, they panned to Throb and Nico was in the background getting on her knees and covering her mouth? It spoiled who won before the Boulet’s actually said it!

I feel like laughing, since someone recognized the lip sync song from their youth, but I remembered it as a runway song on the documentary, The September Issue.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

All we know so far is that you can save yourself or someone else. I expect we'll get the actual timing after the runway on Friday.

Plane Jane? Sapphira? Saving someone else? Not in this lifetime.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Man, Nymphia!!! Holy shiiiiiit, all her looks ATE. No crumbs.

Riggamorris that Mhyia wasn’t bottom 2. Her looks were ALL poo poo, the yellow look covered her face, her Kim looks had her boobs floating around her neck, and her final look was also unflattering. She needs to pad more of synch more because she’s got hog body.

Bookish posted:

I was just glad Mirage was safe. I know she won’t go all the way or even make top 4 but I just think she is so dang cute! I want her on my tv as long as possible.

Completely agree. All her looks gave high-end stripper realness. I love it! Not enough for top, but still great.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 20, 2024

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

There is a Grand Canyon sized talent gap between the top and bottom this year.

Amanda’s makeup is “It’s season 16 of drag race, how do you not know how to sew?” But for makeup.

She could do better if those eyebrows weren't so weird. It's like they actively combat how long the eyeshadow is. And it's not blended in the slightest.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

"Gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss!"

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

FUUUUUUUUUCK

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I don't want to be "that bitch" about hating on minority queens for not being in the bottom, but goddamnit Ru, Mh'iya sucks. She's continually sucked. Why has she not been in the bottom two and lip-synced? Ru hated Mirage's look, but did she even SEE Mh'iya's?

It figures the SMG episode would bring highs and lows. Highs in that snotty Dawn got hosed over by Plasma, who killed it. I hate mean girls schtick. I was hoping for bottom for Dawn, but she's fine safe, I GUESS. :fuckoff: Dawn, you pushed Plasma into the Barbra role because she wanted the news-anchor role.

Sad Mirage left. Her heart was crushed. But still, you had the moves, but if you don't know the lyrics... poo poo man.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm really sad about Mirage because she absolutely loving killed that lipsync, it's just that her lips don't match.

You can't win a lipsync with all sync and no lip. I love her, but this song is tough, especially since she doesn't seem the type to know Cher songs.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rarity posted:

Do the queens not all get told in advance what the lip sync song is gonna be so they can prep it? I always assumed they did but Mirage literally looked like she'd never heard it before

From what I remember, they usually do, but production Riga morris can change the song that very night to one the competitor who they want to win, knows. It happen in Jinkx v. Detox and almost happened in Jimbo v. Kandy.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I can't believe I'm feeling empathy for plane Jane but the fact she had clearly been crying in the first scene gave it a very different feel once it was pointed out to me

I saw that too. I know they probably hid a lot of that interaction to make her more of a villain, but if so why does PJ go after Amanda AGAIN in the next episode? It’s very much talk poo poo, get wrecked.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Also, pardon me for being culturally stupid, but I’m of Mirage’s generation and didn’t know the song. I listened to it on repeat for awhile and hell if I know enough of the song to lipsync it right. If you didn’t know it before you came, you aren’t going to get it in a day.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

One of the many lovely parts of this elimination is that the song is a new discovery for me and really good. But now I listen to it and think of Mirage dancing and get sad. :smith:

Also, if there's a double save in an upcoming episode or an episode where one queen gets to come back and it ISN'T Mirage... :argh:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Flyinglemur posted:

How the gently caress do you not know Lindsey Graham? Or ask someone? That was terrible.

I'm not in the Community and I'm an old person, but it seems like it would be important to know the people in power who are threatening your rights. But I also know that's a really long loving list :(

To be fair, you can know their political policies and how they look, but have no idea their mannerisms and microexpressions enough to mimic properly. Not to mention, would anyone tell her if that's a guaranteed bottom if you don't (shady) or even if you do, could enough detail be given to make it passable? Plus, Geneva's from Texas. Our school system sucks.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Goons, has Gwen Stefani, either as her solo work or as her work with No Doubt, ever been a lip sync for RPDR? My husband posited that it might not have been because she was on a competing reality show, but that doesn't explain why Paula Abdul's work was on since the beginning since she's been on American Idol and SYTYCD.

What songstress/song would you place as a LSFYL song?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6tpenI078c

She's so GOOD naturally, wtf.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Agree. Amanda totally won that lipsync. But I disagree with that other goon; Q just cannot dance and her outfit in the challenge left something to be desired, that Q magic. It was based on past work for sure, keeping Q in. Not that I mind. Amanda was a joy to see dance and give talking head, but her looks were crunchy. Plus, the show probably wanted to avoid Amanda punching PJ after one too many snide remarks.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Oh Nymphia. You seem to be good at EVERYTHING. "Little do they know, I'm in a Girl Group." "Little do they know, I'm a professional seamstress." "Little do they know, I customize dolls."

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

UK v. the World: Yeah, France and the Philippines came to PLAY. I predicted this to a friend; those countries give great queens. And you don't lipsync against a Filipina.

MayMay is lovely, but she deserved bottom, especially when a) she said she wouldn't forget the lyrics like the last time and b) she laughed and didn't make up poo poo when she got stuck. She, sadly, deserved to go home for that. Plus, I wanna see what Gothy can bring to the table.

Slight shade, but maybe they kept Gothy because you want the filler queens to stay so you're never in the bottom and win.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holland, Belgium, and Italy aren't great. Skip those. Down Under... leaves a lot to be desired, I'll leave it at that.

The Philippines, España, France, and Mexico are good.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rarity posted:

UKVW2 is very clearly going to be a runaway Marina stomping to victory and I'm here for it

Don’t jinx it! We said that about Pangina and then a mediocre queen won.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Speaking of Maddy, I just stumbled upon this performance of hers. She's such an unserious icon.

I was expecting Jimbo to pop up afterwords with that old Shirley Temple commercial.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rigga. loving. Morris. ALL AROUND!!

UKvTW: How was Scarlett safe and not top 3? How were Tia Kofi and Jonbers safe and not bottom 3? For that matter, how was Hannah Conda not bottom also overall, as in bottom 2?

I get Tia Kofi, considering she respected a fellow queen who passed before her time (RIP), but still! That leaves Jonbers and Hannah, who were arguably worse than Choriza May.

I had a bone to pick with Michelle for her pithy little comments. In this one, she said two that annoyed me. One was criticizing the face that they couldn't see La Grande Dame's eyes in the Alien look. Did you not SEE the production value and accuracy, made into drag fabulosity?! Not to mention criticizing Marina for her villain look because she didn't get the cultural reference. UGH. I didn't either, but I can look it up, or if not, just gaze upon the beauty and infer, dammit.

Sad to see Arantxa go so early. I wish Keta had won the lipsync, because with Arantxa lending her the pattern she used to win, it was easier to imagine Keta picking her to stay. Still, my top choice for top 2 would have been Scarlett and LGD and had Scarlett won, she would have taken out the bigger competition (Choriza), thus leaving me my Arantxa. Oh well.

RPDR16: Simple. Morphine should have been bottom. They kept the BBL queen for drama. Plasma deserved the win; she did the most work and it was perfection. I would have felt bad awarding it to Sapphira, who did more with a smaller part, but didn't have to remember so many lines or dance as much.

Also, another Michelle comment that rubbed me the wrong way. She criticized Megami's eyes being the same, but gurl, they weren't. And even if they were, you don't lambast other queens, like Kim Chi, Trixie, or Dawn for sticking to an aesthetic.

I get that M'hyia is a beast in the lip syncs. But GURL. Shoes. Stay. On. It's easier to dance church and pull stunts barefoot. That's not the point though. The point is to keep the aesthetic clean and emote the song, whether there's tricks or not. Megami did the drat thing and deserved to stay. No tea, no shade, but Mh'iya is going to lipsync her way to the top, a la Kameron Michaels and thanks, I hate it. UGHHHH.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Trixie in her most recent review video: “Everyone watches drag race for RuPaul.”

Me: “I watch IN SPITE of RuPaul.”

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Uggggh. I guess we have a new Kennedy Davenport/Kandy Muse. We’re dragging her body straight to the top, aren’t we Mama Ru?

lol, love how another goon said she was leaving soon, what was it, two episodes ago, and she’s STILL here.

I probably wouldn’t mind as much if she didn’t punch down and read other queens while also being mediocre. Pick a struggle and shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

We can say that the loving lipsync song this episode was extremely cursed right? I felt revulsion in my bones.

I would’ve preferred Goo Goo Muck. So would half the audience and probably Plasma.