Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
a cyborg mug has fallen off of following wrestling, but let's give them a round of applause for doing the fun as always prediction threads for the past few years. Thanks a cyborg mug! I'll try my hand at running this year's and see how it goes from there.

Here's a link to the old thread. a cyborg mug has graciously offered to tally up the results and I'll add them to the OP here when done. Here's what the forum predicted for 2020 and 2021.

quote:

2021 PREDICTION GAME WINNERS:
STAR MAN (most impressively correct predictions): IceAgeComing
A WINNER IS YOU (best percentage correct): A Fancy Hat
141 2/3 OUT OF 100: Guillermus
A FOR EFFORT / VENOMOUS AWARD FOR VENOMOUS (tons of predictions, most of them wrong): Venomous
ONE SHOT, ONE KILL (100% correct with one prediction): BrigadierSensible, Sanguinia

2020 PREDICTION GAME WINNERS:
NOT SPOT ON BUT REALLY WELL DONE CONSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCES (most impressively correct predictions): Huntman
PRETTY SURE YOU GOT THE BIGGEST PERCENTAGE OF PREDICTIONS RIGHT (APART FROM ONE-SHOTTERS) (best percentage correct (apart from posters with only one prediction)): Wazzu
ONE SHOT, ONE KILL (100% correct with one prediction): Seth Rollins, Gumball Gumption, PublicOpinion
A PESSIMIST'S DREAM (100% incorrect worst timeline predictions): Hefty Leftist
A FOR EFFORT (tons of predictions, most of them wrong): Venomous

Make all your wildest pro wrestling predictions as often as you like, or only once, or maybe never. Anything goes, I guess! But please try to keep track of your predictions to help me out, okay? I'd have like to have gotten this up before all the new year shows but I kept thinkin' someone else would do it.

I'm sure you know the drill, but predictions can be anything from title changes, people joining/leaving companies, companies dying or new companies being created, matchups, PPV locations, as well as whatever your lil minds can come up with! Be careful predicting awful stuff like deaths or injuries or whatever, mods may take issue if you're weird about it.

I'll take it upon myself to keep track of all the predictions in the second post here and on my own Proprietary Spreadsheet Technology. Come next year I'll comb through everything as best as I can and announce winners and losers. But again, if you're paying attention to your own predictions and post about em that will really help.

Ta, and happy predicting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

PSP's 2024 Wrestling Predictions:

A Fancy Hat posted:

Takeshita is going to be the man to retire Sting.

Darby Allin will be the AEW World Champion at some point in 2024 after reigniting his feud with Swerve Strickland.

The NWA will go into a hiatus at some point in 2024 and will do a massive reboot to try and get fan support. It’ll be as popular as the Chikara reboot whatever the gently caress was, which is to say not at all.

Kota Ibushi will not retire (at least not in 2024) but he will not wrestle again in 2024.

Kenny Omega will wrestle again in 2024 and will go on a legendary run, realizing that he’s near retirement and one injury away from being done forever.

Jade Cargill will appear in the 2024 Royal Rumble, won’t win but will eliminate more than 5 women, and won’t do much of note beyond that.

AEW gets that Max streaming deal.

CM Punk will wrestle in Saudi Arabia.

The Rock will wrestle in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Cavauro posted:

the undisputed kingdom will lose and replace wardlow before the end of may
tony khan will go out in front of a crowd with a massive announcement and it will be that tickets are going on sale for an important show

Edward Mass posted:

-Roman Reigns will finally lose at least one of his titles, but not before surpassing Hulk Hogan's first title reign in terms of recognized length
-WWE Raw ends up on FX
-Tony Khan will introduce yet another title to one of his promotions
-Sting's last match is against Darby Allin, whom he puts over
-Mercedes Moné signs with TNA
-Lockdown returns as a PPV
-The NJPW Strong titles are merged with their IWGP counterparts, which includes Eddie Kingston challenging (and failing) to win the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

Defenestrategy posted:

2024 will be the year of the mad king, and eddie will have either AEW or NJPWs top prize.

Sammy will turn heel before six months is out.

Jamie Hayter will be AEW womens champ again

Cody will either not finish the story or say the stoey is finished after a very flat victory over a mid/upper mid carder

Least likely prediction: tony khan will stop being a scared baby and have intergender wrestling.

Lamuella posted:

Predictions:

Ring of Honor will not get a TV deal but Ring Of Honor will continue to be produced as a show on streaming.
Billie Starkz will hold a title in a company owned by Tony Khan
Konosuke Takeshita will hold a title in a company owned by Tony Khan
Chris Jericho will take a step back from active competition but not retire
Including Samoa Joe, three people will hold the AEW world title this year
Either Swerve or Jay White will hold a world title but not both
The Acclaimed will break up. In the ensuing storyline Billy Gunn will retire from active competition

ThePariah posted:

AEW:

Bryan Danielson will win the AEW World title.
Swerve Strickland will not win the AEW World title.
Jack Perry will return to AEW before Revolution.
MJF will not return to AEW before Revolution.
There will be two women's matches on Dynamite at some point in 2024. This will not fix the women's division.

NJPW:

Tetsuya Naito will not get to wrestle Hiromu Takahashi one on one at any point in the year.
Shingo Takagi will win the New Japan Cup.
Kazuchika Okada will win the G1 Climax.
Nic Nemeth will win an NJPW title.
Yota Tsuji will not win a singles title.

WWE:

CM Punk will main event WM night 1, The Rock will main event WM night 2
Cody Rhodes will beat Gunther for the Intercontinental title.
The Rock will wrestle more matches than Brock Lesnar.
Bianca Belair will not win a singles title.
Stephanie McMahon will make an appearance as a face.

Shard posted:

Swerve wins the world title this year
Joe will have multiple title defenses
The Young Bucks and Jack Perry will return to AEW.

Trying posted:

Adam Cole will shock the world by getting super jacked
big bill will do a funny skit revolving around his resemblance to a big Adam Copeland
AEW will continue to stand for Audio Errors Wrestling
osprey will decline to job and “that doesn’t work for me, bruv” will be ran into the ground

Sticky Nate posted:

Roman Reigns wins another title
AEW wrestler in BOSJ
CMLL on Forbidden Door
RevPro still does not fix their production issues

SG Bamboo posted:

The following people will win a title or trophy in the year 2024:
- DOUKI (NJPW)
- Kosei Fujita (NJPW)
- Naomi Yoshimura (DDT)
- Yusuke Okada (DDT)
- Yuki Iino (DDT)
- Yuma Anzai (AJPW)
- Ryo Inoe (AJPW)
- Chi Chi (Evolution)
- HARUKAZE (GanPro)
- Miu Watanabe (TJPW) (specifically singles)
- Mahiro Kiryu (TJPW)

The following people will be betrayed by a friend in the year 2024:
- Will Ospreay (NJPW)
- David Finlay (NJPW)
- Ken Ohka (GanPro)
- Kento Miyahara (AJPW)

The following people will tap to Zack Sabre Jr in the year 2024:
- Bryan Danielson (AEW)

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Jeff Jarrett will wrestle for the TNA Heavyweight Championship.

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm sure these will make people happy and not upset in the slightest.

BIG ONES

1) WBD/TKO agree to a deal to move Monday Night Raw to TNT. The past is the future, wrestling is back on TNT on Monday nights. The allure of the WWE's bigger and more notable brand, plus the potential of other WWE unique and related programming outweighs the additional cost as compared to a renewal deal with AEW. This deal is formally announced at the network up-fronts and leaves AEW scrambling to try and find a new TV home.

2) Vince McMahon's potential TKO departure. When Vince returned from his initial "retirement", his stated reasons was to facilitiate a potential sale of the company ahead of their TV renewals. With the company sold to Endeavor and the TV deals renegotiated, the question becomes of what Vince's role is going forward and whether the value he provides to the company outweighs the negatives his reputation brings. Adding in that Vince has, to the surprise of literally no one, already tried to go back on his word of not getting involved with creative and been rebuked, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Vince isn't someone not used to not doing what he wants. When Vince returned for a sale, I wondered how he would deal with having an actual boss for the first time since buying the company from his dad. Yes, Vince would have sponsors and media partners to be responsible for, but there was no one directly in the company to tell him what he could and couldn't do, even after they went public. Now Vince has a boss, Ari Emmanuel, who has already rebuked him. I think one of two things will happen in 2024, once the TV deals have been completed:
-Vince again tries to become more involved with creative, at which point Emmanuel shrugs his shoulders and chalks it up as the cost of hiring Vince McMahon.
-Vince again tries to become more involved with creative, at which point he's again rebuked by Emmanuel. From here, the two sides start to negotiate a buyout and a graceful exit for Vince, with Dana White taking over as the figurehead role for both company and Nick Kahn taking over as overall CEO.

3) Tony Kahn's inevitable meltdown. Tony is a true poster and as such, he will never log off. His tweets have smacked as someone who slept through his rounds of PR training and usually do far more harm than good. The news that his TV deal is gone, at the hands of his largest competitor, combined with all of the other things he has going on in his life, is going to lead to Tony finally going on a 6-star posting spree. At least one executive will resign as part of the fallout. If Tony pulls a Bischoff and stated anyone who wants out can have it, a surprising amount of the roster will try and take it, including nearly the entire women's roster. Afterwards, Tony will announce that he is stepping away and going into in-patient treatment for whatever reason anyone won't believe, with Bryan Danielson taking over as head booker and his other roles filled in by various people. Tony will be gone for the remainder of 2024, and when he returns his tweets will be professionally managed, as they should have been all along.
2025 early prediction: Tony's burners will be found.

Smaller predictions

-Gunter beats Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, and the next Raw/Smackdown loses the IC title to :picks name out of hat: Trick Williams? Well why not. Seriously, the issue with having two foreverreigns is that one overshadows the other, and the stagnation of belts leads to a holding pattern for everyone else. Gunter's IC reign would be far more welcomed if Roman's foreverreign wasn't going on before, during, and after. Give him the Lesnar match for beefy men turning each other red and purple, and then have a debut and a shocking win to introduce someone that they're high on in a notable fashion.
-Joe's reign isn't long and Swerve will get the main AEW belt before too long, probably their next PPV at the latest. Maybe a three-way with Hangman, maybe someone beats Joe in the next month and Hangman/Swerve main events the next PPV.
-All In doesn't sell as many tickets as 2023, partly because of the stage, partly because of prices, partly because of booking, which people use as a sign that the company is shutting down any day now. They're wrong; the TV deal is that sign.
-Okada/Danielson 3 takes place at said show. Hook is Danielson won in the US, Okada won in Japan, rubber match is in neutral England.
-Speaking of Okada, he spends nearly half the year in the US after signing a split deal like Ospreay has. Okada's done all he can in New Japan and needs some time away to freshen himself up, plus removing Okada from the picture gives New Japan a chance to see how their young talent can draw. Let him stay in the US from New Beginning to the G1.
-For the New Japan young guns (Shota, Narita, Tsuji, Uemura), one wins the G1, one/two win the main IWGP championship. Sink or swim time for the new kids, especially if Okada does take an extended leave. Gedo likes to give his pushes at least one of two things: a run with the main title or leadership of a stable, if not both. I don't know if there's room for any new stables, but if I were Naito or EVIL, I'd watch my back.
-Ric Flair turns on Sting, as the gods demand, and sets up Sting/Darby vs. FTR for Sting's retirement match. Afterwards, Flair is removed on TV and no one notices until Flair goes off about it.
-The following talents will leave AEW, be it voluntary or not, and I'm only going off those formally listed on their website: Aaron Solo, Alex Reynolds, Angelico, Anthony Ogogo, Christopher Daniels, Dustin Rhodes, Griff Garrison, Jack Perry, Jake Hager, Jeff Hardy, John Silver, Johnny TV, Keith Lee, Kip Sabian, Kota Ibushi, Lance Archer, Matt Hardy, Matt Sydal, Mike Santana, Nick Comoroto, Ortiz, Parker Boudreaux, Paul Wight, Peter Avalon, Powerhouse Hobbs, Preston Vance, Ricky Starks, Satnam Singh, Scorpio Sky, Sting (duh), Stu Grayson, Butcher and Blade, Tony Nese, Wardlow, Abandon, Diamante, Hikaru Shida, Kiera Hogan, Marina Shafir, Mercedes Martinez, Paige Vanzant, Penelope Ford, Rebel, Thunder Rosa, Mark Henry.
-The following talents will leave WWE, be it voluntary or not, and I'm only going off those formally listed on their website: Akira Tozawa, Alexa Bliss, Apollo Crews, Ashante Adonis, B-Fab, Big E (formal medical retirement), Boa, Cameron Grimes, Candice LeRae, Carlito, Carmella, Cedric Alexander, Dexter Lumis, Dijak, Drew McIntyre, Gable Steveson, Gigi Dolin, Indi Hartwell, Jinder Mahal, Joe Gacy, John Cena (quitely moved to alumni status), Johnny Gargano, Karl Anderson, Karrion Kross, Lash Legend, Luke Gallows, MVP, Nikki Cross, Odyssey Jones, Robert Roode (medical retirement), SCRYPTS, Veer. I'd say more the NXT people if I watched NXT and had a clue if they were worth a poo poo or not.
-Someone in GCW will do something really, really loving stupid and go viral and everyone will get into a tweeting frenzy over it and no one will learn anyting.

Jerusalem posted:

Last year I managed to get every single prediction wrong, so this year I'm going simple and only predicting things that are GUARANTEED to happen:

- CM Punk sucks a blood covered dick in Saudi Arabia the loving dork
- New Japan and Stardom finally figure out how to be part of the same streaming package ala Wrestle Universe
- Miu Watanabe becomes the Princess of Princess Champion
- Mercedes Mone debuts in AEW and her big feud of the year is with Dr. Britt Baker DMD
- Swerve Strickland becomes AEW Champion
- Kota Ibushi has at least one 5 Star match this year (this is more desperately wishful thinking on my part :smith:)
- Kaito Kiyomiya defeats Kazuchika Okada in a match
- Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee FINALLY have a singles match
- Cody Rhodes doesn't get the Wrestlemania match against Roman Reigns in 2024

apophenium posted:

AEW
- Joe will drop the World Title to Swerve.
- Swerve will drop the title to Ospreay at All In.
- Tony will begin to feature the women's division much more predominantly, adding women's tag titles.
- Because of the above, Mercedes Mone will debut for AEW whenever they run in Boston.
- Kenny Omega will not wrestle a match.
- The Hardyz will get a brief run as AEW Tag Champions and will announce their retirement.
- Chris Jericho will announce his retirement.
- Kota Ibushi will not wrestle a match in an AEW ring.
- Konosuke Takeshita will win single's gold title.
- Sting will make a surprise appearance at Winter is Coming
- MJF will wrestle fewer than 20 matches.
- Aussie Open will win the AEW Tag Titles.

AJPW
- After Charlie Dempsey, no current WWE talent will wrestle for AJPW.
- Kento Miyahara will win the Triple Crown in a 5+ star match (as rated by Meltzer) against Katsuhiko Nakajima.
- President Tsuyoki Fukuda will be ousted and replaced by a current AJPW talent.

Marvelous
- Mio Momono will win the AAAW Single Championship back from Mayumi Ozaki.

NJPW
- Bryan Danielson will wrestle in the G1.
- Yota Tsuji will win the IWGP World Title from Naito.
- United Empire will continue without Ospreay, with Tama Tonga joining as the leader.
- House of Torture and War Dogs will feud, leading to the dissolution of House of Torture.
- Yet another high-profile NJPW wrestler will depart the company to join AEW.

TNA
- Josh Alexander will win back the TNT World Championship.

WWE
- Jade Cargill's debut match will be in the woman's Royal Rumble, where she and Nia Jax will go over the top rope at the same time, brawl outside, starting a feud.
- Drew McIntyre will leave WWE.
- Roman Reigns will retain both titles over Dwayne Johnson at Wrestlemania and hold them for the rest of the year.
- CM Punk will win the World Heavyweight Championship from Seth Rollins.
- Ilja Dragunov will move to the main roster and wrestle GUNTER for the Intercontinental Title.
- Giulia will sign and win the NXT Women's Title.
- Cody Rhodes will not win single's gold.

WWRS
- Natsupoi will win the White belt.
- Suzu Suzuki will win the Red belt.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 8, 2024

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Takeshita is going to be the man to retire Sting.

Darby Allin will be the AEW World Champion at some point in 2024 after reigniting his feud with Swerve Strickland.

The NWA will go into a hiatus at some point in 2024 and will do a massive reboot to try and get fan support. It’ll be as popular as the Chikara reboot whatever the gently caress was, which is to say not at all.

Kota Ibushi will not retire (at least not in 2024) but he will not wrestle again in 2024.

Kenny Omega will wrestle again in 2024 and will go on a legendary run, realizing that he’s near retirement and one injury away from being done forever.

Jade Cargill will appear in the 2024 Royal Rumble, won’t win but will eliminate more than 5 women, and won’t do much of note beyond that.

AEW gets that Max streaming deal.

CM Punk will wrestle in Saudi Arabia.

The Rock will wrestle in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the undisputed kingdom will lose and replace wardlow before the end of may
tony khan will go out in front of a crowd with a massive announcement and it will be that tickets are going on sale for an important show

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
-Roman Reigns will finally lose at least one of his titles, but not before surpassing Hulk Hogan's first title reign in terms of recognized length
-WWE Raw ends up on FX
-Tony Khan will introduce yet another title to one of his promotions
-Sting's last match is against Darby Allin, whom he puts over
-Mercedes Moné signs with TNA
-Lockdown returns as a PPV
-The NJPW Strong titles are merged with their IWGP counterparts, which includes Eddie Kingston challenging (and failing) to win the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

2024 will be the year of the mad king, and eddie will have either AEW or NJPWs top prize.

Sammy will turn heel before six months is out.

Jamie Hayter will be AEW womens champ again

Cody will either not finish the story or say the stoey is finished after a very flat victory over a mid/upper mid carder

Least likely prediction: tony khan will stop being a scared baby and have intergender wrestling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Predictions:

Ring of Honor will not get a TV deal but Ring Of Honor will continue to be produced as a show on streaming.
Billie Starkz will hold a title in a company owned by Tony Khan
Konosuke Takeshita will hold a title in a company owned by Tony Khan
Chris Jericho will take a step back from active competition but not retire
Including Samoa Joe, three people will hold the AEW world title this year
Either Swerve or Jay White will hold a world title but not both
The Acclaimed will break up. In the ensuing storyline Billy Gunn will retire from active competition

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
AEW:

Bryan Danielson will win the AEW World title.
Swerve Strickland will not win the AEW World title.
Jack Perry will return to AEW before Revolution.
MJF will not return to AEW before Revolution.
There will be two women's matches on Dynamite at some point in 2024. This will not fix the women's division.

NJPW:

Tetsuya Naito will not get to wrestle Hiromu Takahashi one on one at any point in the year.
Shingo Takagi will win the New Japan Cup.
Nic Nemeth will win an NJPW title.
Yota Tsuji will not win a singles title.

WWE:

CM Punk will main event WM night 1, The Rock will main event WM night 2
Cody Rhodes will beat Gunther for the Intercontinental title.
The Rock will wrestle more matches than Brock Lesnar.
Bianca Belair will not win a singles title.
Stephanie McMahon will make an appearance as a face.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Swerve wins the world title this year
Joe will have multiple title defenses
The Young Bucks and Jack Perry will return to AEW.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Adam Cole will shock the world by getting super jacked

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Roman Reigns wins another title
AEW wrestler in BOSJ
CMLL on Forbidden Door

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

big bill will do a funny skit revolving around his resemblance to a big Adam Copeland

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sticky Nate posted:

AEW will continue to stand for Audio Errors Wrestling

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The following people will win a title or trophy in the year 2024:
- DOUKI (NJPW)
- Kosei Fujita (NJPW)
- Naomi Yoshimura (DDT)
- Yusuke Okada (DDT)
- Yuki Iino (DDT)
- Yuma Anzai (AJPW)
- Ryo Inoe (AJPW)
- Chi Chi (Evolution)
- HARUKAZE (GanPro)
- Miu Watanabe (TJPW) (specifically singles)
- Mahiro Kiryu (TJPW)

The following people will be betrayed by a friend in the year 2024:
- Will Ospreay (NJPW)
- David Finlay (NJPW)
- Ken Ohka (GanPro)
- Kento Miyahara (AJPW)

The following people will tap to Zack Sabre Jr in the year 2024:
- Bryan Danielson (AEW)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jeff Jarrett will wrestle for the TNA Heavyweight Championship.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

osprey will decline to job and “that doesn’t work for me, bruv” will be ran into the ground

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm sure these will make people happy and not upset in the slightest.

BIG ONES

1) WBD/TKO agree to a deal to move Monday Night Raw to TNT. The past is the future, wrestling is back on TNT on Monday nights. The allure of the WWE's bigger and more notable brand, plus the potential of other WWE unique and related programming outweighs the additional cost as compared to a renewal deal with AEW. This deal is formally announced at the network up-fronts and leaves AEW scrambling to try and find a new TV home.

2) Vince McMahon's potential TKO departure. When Vince returned from his initial "retirement", his stated reasons was to facilitiate a potential sale of the company ahead of their TV renewals. With the company sold to Endeavor and the TV deals renegotiated, the question becomes of what Vince's role is going forward and whether the value he provides to the company outweighs the negatives his reputation brings. Adding in that Vince has, to the surprise of literally no one, already tried to go back on his word of not getting involved with creative and been rebuked, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Vince isn't someone not used to not doing what he wants. When Vince returned for a sale, I wondered how he would deal with having an actual boss for the first time since buying the company from his dad. Yes, Vince would have sponsors and media partners to be responsible for, but there was no one directly in the company to tell him what he could and couldn't do, even after they went public. Now Vince has a boss, Ari Emmanuel, who has already rebuked him. I think one of two things will happen in 2024, once the TV deals have been completed:
-Vince again tries to become more involved with creative, at which point Emmanuel shrugs his shoulders and chalks it up as the cost of hiring Vince McMahon.
-Vince again tries to become more involved with creative, at which point he's again rebuked by Emmanuel. From here, the two sides start to negotiate a buyout and a graceful exit for Vince, with Dana White taking over as the figurehead role for both company and Nick Kahn taking over as overall CEO.

3) Tony Kahn's inevitable meltdown. Tony is a true poster and as such, he will never log off. His tweets have smacked as someone who slept through his rounds of PR training and usually do far more harm than good. The news that his TV deal is gone, at the hands of his largest competitor, combined with all of the other things he has going on in his life, is going to lead to Tony finally going on a 6-star posting spree. At least one executive will resign as part of the fallout. If Tony pulls a Bischoff and stated anyone who wants out can have it, a surprising amount of the roster will try and take it, including nearly the entire women's roster. Afterwards, Tony will announce that he is stepping away and going into in-patient treatment for whatever reason anyone won't believe, with Bryan Danielson taking over as head booker and his other roles filled in by various people. Tony will be gone for the remainder of 2024, and when he returns his tweets will be professionally managed, as they should have been all along.
2025 early prediction: Tony's burners will be found.

Smaller predictions

-Gunter beats Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, and the next Raw/Smackdown loses the IC title to :picks name out of hat: Trick Williams? Well why not. Seriously, the issue with having two foreverreigns is that one overshadows the other, and the stagnation of belts leads to a holding pattern for everyone else. Gunter's IC reign would be far more welcomed if Roman's foreverreign wasn't going on before, during, and after. Give him the Lesnar match for beefy men turning each other red and purple, and then have a debut and a shocking win to introduce someone that they're high on in a notable fashion.
-Joe's reign isn't long and Swerve will get the main AEW belt before too long, probably their next PPV at the latest. Maybe a three-way with Hangman, maybe someone beats Joe in the next month and Hangman/Swerve main events the next PPV.
-All In doesn't sell as many tickets as 2023, partly because of the stage, partly because of prices, partly because of booking, which people use as a sign that the company is shutting down any day now. They're wrong; the TV deal is that sign.
-Okada/Danielson 3 takes place at said show. Hook is Danielson won in the US, Okada won in Japan, rubber match is in neutral England.
-Speaking of Okada, he spends nearly half the year in the US after signing a split deal like Ospreay has. Okada's done all he can in New Japan and needs some time away to freshen himself up, plus removing Okada from the picture gives New Japan a chance to see how their young talent can draw. Let him stay in the US from New Beginning to the G1.
-For the New Japan young guns (Shota, Narita, Tsuji, Uemura), one wins the G1, one/two win the main IWGP championship. Sink or swim time for the new kids, especially if Okada does take an extended leave. Gedo likes to give his pushes at least one of two things: a run with the main title or leadership of a stable, if not both. I don't know if there's room for any new stables, but if I were Naito or EVIL, I'd watch my back.
-Ric Flair turns on Sting, as the gods demand, and sets up Sting/Darby vs. FTR for Sting's retirement match. Afterwards, Flair is removed on TV and no one notices until Flair goes off about it.
-The following talents will leave AEW, be it voluntary or not, and I'm only going off those formally listed on their website: Aaron Solo, Alex Reynolds, Angelico, Anthony Ogogo, Christopher Daniels, Dustin Rhodes, Griff Garrison, Jack Perry, Jake Hager, Jeff Hardy, John Silver, Johnny TV, Keith Lee, Kip Sabian, Kota Ibushi, Lance Archer, Matt Hardy, Matt Sydal, Mike Santana, Nick Comoroto, Ortiz, Parker Boudreaux, Paul Wight, Peter Avalon, Powerhouse Hobbs, Preston Vance, Ricky Starks, Satnam Singh, Scorpio Sky, Sting (duh), Stu Grayson, Butcher and Blade, Tony Nese, Wardlow, Abandon, Diamante, Hikaru Shida, Kiera Hogan, Marina Shafir, Mercedes Martinez, Paige Vanzant, Penelope Ford, Rebel, Thunder Rosa, Mark Henry.
-The following talents will leave WWE, be it voluntary or not, and I'm only going off those formally listed on their website: Akira Tozawa, Alexa Bliss, Apollo Crews, Ashante Adonis, B-Fab, Big E (formal medical retirement), Boa, Cameron Grimes, Candice LeRae, Carlito, Carmella, Cedric Alexander, Dexter Lumis, Dijak, Drew McIntyre, Gable Steveson, Gigi Dolin, Indi Hartwell, Jinder Mahal, Joe Gacy, John Cena (quitely moved to alumni status), Johnny Gargano, Karl Anderson, Karrion Kross, Lash Legend, Luke Gallows, MVP, Nikki Cross, Odyssey Jones, Robert Roode (medical retirement), SCRYPTS, Veer. I'd say more the NXT people if I watched NXT and had a clue if they were worth a poo poo or not.
-Someone in GCW will do something really, really loving stupid and go viral and everyone will get into a tweeting frenzy over it and no one will learn anyting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last year I managed to get every single prediction wrong, so this year I'm going simple and only predicting things that are GUARANTEED to happen:

- CM Punk sucks a blood covered dick in Saudi Arabia the loving dork
- New Japan and Stardom finally figure out how to be part of the same streaming package ala Wrestle Universe
- Miu Watanabe becomes the Princess of Princess Champion
- Mercedes Mone debuts in AEW and her big feud of the year is with Dr. Britt Baker DMD
- Swerve Strickland becomes AEW Champion
- Kota Ibushi has at least one 5 Star match this year (this is more desperately wishful thinking on my part :smith:)
- Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee FINALLY have a singles match
- Cody Rhodes doesn't get the Wrestlemania match against Roman Reigns in 2024

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AEW
- Joe will drop the World Title to Swerve.
- Swerve will drop the title to Ospreay at All In.
- Tony will begin to feature the women's division much more predominantly, adding women's tag titles.
- Because of the above, Mercedes Mone will debut for AEW whenever they run in Boston.
- Kenny Omega will not wrestle a match.
- The Hardyz will get a brief run as AEW Tag Champions and will announce their retirement.
- Chris Jericho will announce his retirement.
- Kota Ibushi will not wrestle a match in an AEW ring.
- Konosuke Takeshita will win single's gold title.
- Sting will make a surprise appearance at Winter is Coming
- MJF will wrestle fewer than 20 matches.
- Aussie Open will win the AEW Tag Titles.

AJPW
- After Charlie Dempsey, no current WWE talent will wrestle for AJPW.
- Kento Miyahara will win the Triple Crown in a 5+ star match (as rated by Meltzer) against Katsuhiko Nakajima.
- President Tsuyoki Fukuda will be ousted and replaced by a current AJPW talent.

Marvelous
- Mio Momono will win the AAAW Single Championship back from Mayumi Ozaki.

NJPW
- Bryan Danielson will wrestle in the G1.
- Yota Tsuji will win the IWGP World Title from Naito.
- United Empire will continue without Ospreay, with Tama Tonga joining as the leader.
- House of Torture and War Dogs will feud, leading to the dissolution of House of Torture.
- Yet another high-profile NJPW wrestler will depart the company to join AEW.

TNA
- Josh Alexander will win back the TNT World Championship.

WWE
- Jade Cargill's debut match will be in the woman's Royal Rumble, where she and Nia Jax will go over the top rope at the same time, brawl outside, starting a feud.
- Drew McIntyre will leave WWE.
- Roman Reigns will retain both titles over Dwayne Johnson at Wrestlemania and hold them for the rest of the year.
- CM Punk will win the World Heavyweight Championship from Seth Rollins.
- Ilja Dragunov will move to the main roster and wrestle GUNTER for the Intercontinental Title.
- Giulia will sign and win the NXT Women's Title.
- Cody Rhodes will not win single's gold.

WWRS
- Natsupoi will win the White belt.
- Suzu Suzuki will win the Red belt.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

~Timeless Toni Storm will hold the AEW women's championship until All-in where she loses it to Jamie Hayter.
~Mercedes Mone will not step foot in an AEW ring.
~Swerve Strickland will win the AEW world championship from Samoa Joe in the first half of 2024.
~Swerve will fully turn face in the second half of 2024, which will ruin his gimmick.
~The main event of All-in 2024 will be Brian Danielson vs Will Ospreay
~Jurassic Express will reunite and align themselves with Adam Copeland.
~Orange Cassidy will lose the International Championship to Konosuke Takeshita.
~Will Hobbs and Aussie Open will be trios champions at some point in 2024.
~No member of the Blackpool Combat Club will win an AEW championship (counting the continental championship).
~Kris Statlander will become a 2x TBS champion.
~Britt Baker will return and feud with Jamie Hayter for the AEW women's championship.
~Roman Reigns will wrestle more matches than Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi combined.
~Blood and Guts this year will be The Undisputed Empire vs MJF, The Acclaimed and Samoa Joe.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Just finished the bold prediction show of WOL, but I want to throw my FIVE BOLD (KIND OF) PREDICTIONS

- MJF fights CM Punk for WWE at the end of the year (yes, requires him being fired)

-The Young Bucks AND Kenny Omega leave AEW to Return to NJPW.

- The New Day **finally** split to build next year's Wrestlemania match (a farewell for Big E)

- AEW loses Rampage and Collision, however gains a MAX-Exclusive series in it's place.

- TNA and WWE NXT will have a one-off PPV, buy-out considered, but avoided)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Ric Flair won't see 2025 and I know he's a real piece of work, but a lot of his work was a large part of my childhood and I will still be sad about it.

That's my only prediction this year. Everyone will act very sad about it, too, except Charlotte.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TelevisedInsanity posted:

- MJF fights CM Punk for WWE at the end of the year (yes, requires him being fired)

I choose to read this as CM Punk somehow owns WWE and puts it on the line in a match against MJF. That IS a bold prediction!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

- CM Punk will win Money In The Bank
- Vince McMahon will shave off his mustache
- AEW will get a streaming deal with WB on MAX
- Jim Ross will officially retire from commentary
- Bryan Danielson will enter the G1 Tournament

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Jerusalem posted:

I choose to read this as CM Punk somehow owns WWE and puts it on the line in a match against MJF. That IS a bold prediction!

Invasion 2.0 finally!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

colt cabana and cm punk make up.

katsuyori shibata will beat KENTA's rear end

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Beepie will win a title in NXT/WWE

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

ThePariah posted:

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ThePariah posted:

RIP

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

There's still a chance!!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

apophenium posted:

There's still a chance!!!

You also said another big NJPW name will leave for AEW so it's possible those cancel out. :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Oh Kaito... :cripes:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You also said another big NJPW name will leave for AEW so it's possible those cancel out. :v:

Predictions is a land of contrasts :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro posted:

this counts imo and no one would have ever predicted such a thing happening in a million years