Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

may this thread find peace at last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i woukd give hitler a 6 hour probation for being mad in this thread

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Im so happy with the IK contest and it has revitalized my will to read posts.

can confirm. it is nice to read a kirbykhan PM requesting a six hour probation because the zeal for the act of posting is really apparent.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

i was looking for something else and found this extremely funny qcs post from 2018. broken brains...https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873845

the red misting snuff film jackoff guy started off his arc being mad that people were mean to democrats in d&d....interesting

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

Reinstate the thread separations

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

this is the guy who just failed his 9999th chance to post something other than snuff vids. only a ban though can't be too hard on the boy

the funniest part of his arc was when the gbs war thread got closed, he came to post in cspam and after eating a few probes decided maybe the tankies weren't so bad after all only to immediate pivot hard back to wanting to kill all jeffreys tankies the moment the gbs thread reopened

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hooteh.... Tristeh...... Kirbeeeeeeeh.....

speng31b
May 8, 2010

def aliens

speng31b
May 8, 2010

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the haters should simply admit that they would like to have sex with the concept of politics....it's simple and will set you free

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

the slur store called, they're running out of homos

Lol sad ftw

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i think that means ohtori provoked an autoban meltdown without posting for a week...drat

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i dont know of valko but whats the worst that can happen

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Precambrian Video Games posted:

This is very unintentionally funny in retrospect.

he was right

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Is the succzone still only posting about stancil?

not exclusively but it is stancil heavy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

speaking of, petitioning to have this be the new cspam background:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

offsite poo poo

yeah gotta be this

speng31b
May 8, 2010

its the stancil zone btw please be respectful

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

drank a little on sunday and had a miserable time i want my Sunday back

smdh should have had some nice sleepy time chamomile tea instead.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

docbeard posted:

I would recommend my approach of not reading either. You're still allowed to complain about whatever you assume he said, so it's really win-win.

start to read a pfc post and your vision gets blurry, and the next thing you can remember pfc has a six hour probation

speng31b
May 8, 2010

fosborb posted:

when it's not spiraling on a syq, I think that thread is the closest to the 2016 primary threads here

yeah it's like a pretty decent thread for loling at politics news until someone invokes the name of d&d like a demon summoning ritual

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

it’s speng

checked my modqueue records and the last time i gassed a thread by hootington was on december 18th. i believe vox is the most prolific thread gasser in cspam

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

which thread did you gas

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

just took a little nap in the computer chair. sun got me on. 20 mins

my dog does this whenever he catches a sunbeam on his head

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

how hard is the mod forum debating whether or not it's okay to tell numbers rereg guy to kill himself

should be a perma. it's usually hard to tell what's going on behind the screen when you tell someone to kill themselves on the Internet, which is why it's bad, but when you know for a fact they're in the middle of an extended break from reality and do it precisely because of that fact you should be immediately permabanned with zero debate. real piece of poo poo behavior.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what's weird about it is that it's conflating the entirety of cspam with the trump thread imho

i think at the time it was conceived / created the trump thread was probably pretty close to being that. since 2016-2020 batshit electoralism stuff died down more of cspam emerged and the trump thread receded

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

There are more people who post outside of the trump thread than do at this point. You can tell when the trump posters ooze out into other threads.

There is a lot of lurkers who read the trump (and musk) threads for some reason.

Those lurkers also read the gbs, d&d, and yospos trump and musk threads. Idk why. They all post the same poo poo.

my favorite are the guys who post in all 4 musk threads and when the cspam and gbs ones were swapped still got mad about it for some reason

speng31b
May 8, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

go read the op of the book thread again

will not be doing this, thank you

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

a fun thing that happens in some reports is people from other forums will report users for "cspam posting" or some such, and then i can look at that persons post history and see like no or minimal cspam activity. bad posting can come from everywhere... this is not the sole repository.

from the recent SAD activity it seems that some people believe all politics posting everywhere on the site to be essentially a cspam problem...and yet the remedy they propose is closing cspam... curious. i wonder what they think would happen if the unironic politics containment zone was no longer available to contain such things...

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

The people those posters seem angry at are gbs/pyf types.

speaking of pyf i thought the probation that guy got for calling out the pinochet bro that the pyf mod had to mea culpa like 1 page later was pretty funny

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

oh the cspam book talk reminded me of something funny. this guy

is also

a book purchaser

lol

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Can someone please give me 30 days off because thr Finnpol IK thinks nurses should not have the right to unionize and I want to post at them which is not worth it. TIA.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

docbeard posted:

I also enjoy that Fluff "I HATE POLITICS POSTING IN ALL ITS FORMS" daddy's apparent opinion of the Trump thread is "eh, it's fine".

i believe him when he says he doesnt care and just wants to minimize the extent to which he's roped in to deal with it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

copy posted:

tattoo on his arm of his girlfriend's preexisting conditions

what?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

The thing is that it didn't run out of terrible things to hate. New mock worthy release came out one after another. But doing that for so long fried brains. There was a hypocritical paypig vibe because people went to the thread to hear about the games they hate while having WoW on the second monitor.

long lived mock threads always find a way to run the content well dry even if the content itself doesnt run out...its a sort of reverse miracle

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tristeham posted:

blizzlol ik apparently begged jeff to close the cspam ukraine thread lol

yeah he was one of the ones that rolled in to tell everyone in the thread they needed to die

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

remember that one guy who got permabanned for swooping into the ukraine therad to brag about his kill count and wish death on all the children of cspam posters

yeah he also bragged about being ex military big into being a black bloc anarchist dude lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

copy posted:

ukraine war style of poster was epic

yep

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

filling their parking spot with lawn chairs and garbage for decades

tahts a used kia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU