Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

My out there prediction: TKO buys out Bushiroad.

TKO is going to be going into cost cutting mode this year as the stock falters, the class action suit looms and they are already warning the TV rights deals won't be as big as expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Okada's 100% going to WWE and that should have been obvious once he hired Barry Bloom as an agent. He didn't need to hire an agent to negotiate with BR or Tony, you name a price and either the former cries and says it'll bankrupt the company and Tony hands over a blank check.

You hire Barry Bloom as an agent because you want someone to see how much money you can get from Nick Kahn and Triple H.

Finish the story Cody? nope

Punk finally gets his mania main event? lolno

Rainmaker puts over the Tribal Chief? Ooooohaaaaaaa yessir

It's crazy Chris Jericho and The Elite signed with WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

trying to find the positive here, him leaving does free up a spot for someone to step up, so we might see the return of main event tsuji, shingo, maybe goto..........

probably evil.

Them giving Goto the title would be really perfect and lead to such funny discourse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kaveman posted:

That's fair, I'm not the biggest Naito fan but I just like to see if he could pull off a reign on top. He's had 3 reigns (HW) before this and lost it his first defense each time.
I do believe it should be Tsuji to dethrone him so if they're ready after NJC I'm game for that.

Naito won his first defense the last two times he held the belt, KENTA and EVIL. He should probably hold the belt awhile this time though he's by far their biggest star and they don't have a young guy built up to beat him right now. Do it right, don't rush it onto someone who wins the NJC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Feel bad for the New Japanailures, the action you wish you could get is in CMLL.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1763778295760379913

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That account is known to be unreliable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The House Always Wins

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1771443858775085477

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

I don't think you can look too hard at the NOAH numbers, because while I think business isn't great, last January alone they did 8,400 in Yokohama for the Sting/Darby Allin/Mutoh vs AKIRA/Shinzaki/Marufuji show & 30,000 for the Mutoh retirement show

If you told me they were in a dead heat with Stardom I would have said that is a good result for them at this point, and that's where they are.