Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've got some old conversions and kitbashes I can pull photos up for.

This one I'd call a mixed success:

The old bone giant was super goofy with a really bad skull that looks like a gorilla

(not my pic)
so I used the spare head from the necrosphynx kit and also straigtened the legs. I think the rear leg is too straight though, it looks unnatural. The paint job is also meh, I was doing this thing with sort of jade/marble green for parts of some models but when you just see this one on its own it doesn't go well. Might re-do that bit someday.

This guy I lost his arm and so I used the banner arm from another model plus my first experiment with green stuff.

The sculpting looked OK at this stage, but then I put paint on and well

Looks alright from a distance

Not that great close-up. The biggest problem is those little papery things on the plastic arm just didn't work as part of the sculpting, I should have clipped them off or something. But also the proportions are a little off, the dangling robe parts look like tentacles and are too thick. Oh well, tabletop-quality is still a kind of quality!

naturally I found the missing arm like a month later lol

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Miles O'Brian posted:

It kind of bothered me that Skragrott was really tall. So here we are. Ive since finished the greenstuff work so it isnt so rough under the cloak but I dont have a more recent photo.

absolutely outstanding. When this is done you need to crosspost it to the goblin thread

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's fantastic!

Oh hey it's the dude from your avatar