Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Genestealer genetics are extremely mutable, maybe some just have hair.

Now I want to see a fuzzy purestrain genestealer, like those "Yeti Crabs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

lilljonas posted:

I'm a sucker for Revell's plastic cement:

https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/colors-accessories/glue/contacta-professional.html

I like it because of the metal applicator gives a lot of precision when needed, but also works for big stuff like gluing plasticard. The downside is that the glue can dry inside the metal tube, and then you need to take it off and either pry it out with a very thin metal thread or burn it off with a candle lighter or something. I prefer it to Tamiya's cement in most cases to be honest.

this is my go-to plastic glue as well.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

If you want gay Space Marines, just read SPACE MARINE by Ian Watson.

This is not a joke btw.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

What would you guys do? Am I barking up a fundamentally flawed tree? Will they likely look better once the greenstuff fur, cabling, etc is in place? Modify the helmets further, or call it good and just switch to bare heads entirely? Just looking for insight, I've been out of the game a while and may have put myself back in over my head a bit.

Honestly, I think the Space Marine armour (primaris or otherwise) is just too iconic within 40K to work as anything else. I think if I were you, I'd go the bare head route, but add the fur and cabling you were talking about, maybe some chains or other little bits. Have them as renegade Marines that haven't gone full Chaos, but are no longer part of a loyalist chapter. A bit like heresy-era Blackshields.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

MadDogMike posted:

Finally found one of my old creations. Way back when I played 40K Necrons, someone at the time commented that my painting color scheme made them look like Christmas Necrons. Well, that put the idea in my head, so I felt obliged to create Santa-Cron:

That reminds me, I forgot to cross-post this here:

I was going through my stuff the other day, and found this lil guy

He was originally painted for a Christmas-themed challenge in the Oath Thread.