Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Shoehead posted:

I've been messing with Greenstuff more and more lately, usually with gloves on, sometimes bare handed though I hate leaving thumb prints. But I have a question, is there any way to stop it being so drat sticky? I keep pulling parts of it off the model when I let go.

Lubricate your tools. You can use water (easy to clean, requires frequent reapplication), vaseline (wash off with isopropyl, needs to use a very small amount and lightly coat tools) or hand cream (similar to vaseline but smells better, gives you a moisturized back of your hand if you follow the tradition of sculptors keeping stuff on the back of their hands).

Let it sit a bit (5-10 minutes) so it loses some stickiness.

Mix in another putty, like Milliput or Apoxie Sculpt, to reduce stickiness.

I don’t do much kitbashing thanks to sculpting most of my own stuff these days, but I do have a ton of experience in how to make greenstuff work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

I needed some Helstrikers for my weird red-era Riftforged Orc army, so I digitally sculpted a set of wings and a stinger tail and bashed them onto an existing model I had. Thus was born the Mantiboar.

Wings are folded and the tail is lower on my leader’s version, but they come together pretty okay, I think.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

More of scratch sculpting than anything else, but I made a bunch of weird Chaos Hounds.

Left to right, front to back: Chompers, Cuddles, Splug, Dare, Spot, and Slurps.

Still need some cleanup, but they came out nice and I’m considering trying to get them produced once I have about 15 or so made.

Full album here with angles and closeups on some of them.