Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

It's time again for Fantasy Supercross! This year we're trying VItalMX Fantasy, where you get a $1M budget and have to earn money by selecting riders for your team. Link below.
Password: stairs
https://www.vitalmx.com/fantasy/23016

Get yourself up to speed with an overly produced preview show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4docVTEs30&t=1208s

The best news is that we have Leigh Diffy and Weege in the booth as the play-by-play this year. Thank god. James Stewart is a great color commentator and will be in there too.

Unfortunately, RC will also be back. Prepare your ears for a lot of "supposably" and "mental mistake" and "long legs" and "I try not to be biased but let me tell you.." and "what an incredible story"

This is our first SX after the pseudo-merging of Motocross and Supercross. The SMX playoffs were surprisingly awesome. Hit this highlight reel if you want to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYodudqaPK0&t=626s

I'll be logging on and making pics just before the nightshow every time. Live chat will be at this discord link: https://discord.gg/VBGRJw3c
Discord approval takes a minute, and you get assigned to the specific race chat, which we'll have exclusively since GP is over.

See ya'll in the statistics mines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I joined your vital.mx league and I'm looking forward to winning thanks

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
You can pick as many riders as you can afford which is pretty cool

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I've got my team with $0 remaining.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I also set my rocky mountain sx because they're giving away free money or something every week in rmmc cash? Idk it's fun

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Gate drop for the heats is about to happen but if Jett wins tonight he will be the first person ever to win their first 450 supercross race which let's be real he's gonna win and it's gonna be awesome

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

There’s a race here next week. Should I pay $90 for close seats or $30 cheap seats is fine??

Edit: https://www.ticketmaster.com/monster-energy-ama-supercross-championship-san-francisco-california-01-13-2024/event/1C005F3BE4404DD4

Toe Rag fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 8, 2024

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I think the location of the seats with regards to how much of the track you can see is more important than row proximity to the track. When you are down low, close to the track, you really only see a small slice of the pie and have to watch the big TV screen to see anything else. If you are a little ways up and away you get a better view over everything.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Here's my pix and analysis from last round - I got shithoused.

Jett Lawrence - Won, good pic
Jordon Smith - Got 2nd, good pic

Phil Nicoletti- Did great in the heat but his bike broke and DNS the main - god damnit
Hunter Lawrence - jesus christ why
Kenny - Taken out in the first turn, made it back to 10th, god damnit
Mookie - Same first turn takeout, made it back to 11th, why god
Rider D - Who?, got 9th.

Man I got totally destroyed.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

There’s a race here next week. Should I pay $90 for close seats or $30 cheap seats is fine??

Edit: https://www.ticketmaster.com/monster-energy-ama-supercross-championship-san-francisco-california-01-13-2024/event/1C005F3BE4404DD4

I buy the cheap seats when I go - always have a great time. The pit passes CAN be fun, but mixed results. Probably more fun if you're really into dirtbikes like I am and are trying to spot custom electronics.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Just bring a monster energy can and you get into the pit, don't waste money on a pit pass

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Here's my pix and analysis from last round - I got shithoused.

Jett Lawrence - Won, good pic
Jordon Smith - Got 2nd, good pic

Phil Nicoletti- Did great in the heat but his bike broke and DNS the main - god damnit
Hunter Lawrence - jesus christ why
Kenny - Taken out in the first turn, made it back to 10th, god damnit
Mookie - Same first turn takeout, made it back to 11th, why god
Rider D - Who?, got 9th.

Man I got totally destroyed.

Lol I had:

Ken Roczen (12)
Malcolm Stewart (11)
Hunter Lawrence (0)
Justin Starling (0)

But I also had:

Dylan Ferrandis (17)
Justin Cooper (14)
Levi Kitchen (20)
Julien Beaumer (16)

So overall I did okay

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

They're predicting a murder. Can't wait. I'll post pix tonight

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

What a sloppy mess of a race lol

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I thought it started at 10 so the Vital Box picked my pix - haven't even looked yet. Gonna have to be tomorrow. Race was super fun to watch though.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1746399927545262093

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Rd3 looking wet and sloppy so far lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

For a motorcycle race there sure is a lot of carnage

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Anderson and Jett getting sassy after the race lol

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

My dynamite strategy of

Rd 1 - doing my own pix
Rd 2 - not doing pix at all
and Rd 3 - having a guy named scott at the bar do many of my pix

has not been working out

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Have this Scott fella pick next week's but do the complete opposite of what he wants

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Have this Scott fella pick next week's but do the complete opposite of what he wants

I stikll picked Phil and Mookie, which are awful pix. I cant help but pick from my heart.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I've got a knee replacement tomorrow so I'm doing my picks now. Back to the REAL VTNEWB calling the shots. Ya'll watch out.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I'm just here to say that blue wheels are the best wheels.

Also, still f u webb. Your wheels cannot redeem you.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

I'm just here to say that blue wheels are the best wheels.

Also, still f u webb. Your wheels cannot redeem you.

Gold wheels are the best wheels >:o

Jalek Swoll's interview did not inspire confidence in the Triumph dirt bike but maybe he's just bad at interviewing

Also it's a day race today with 3pm start on NBC

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

450 heats were real good, that 2nd one especially

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I love the chair force thirty second girls tonight

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

They're not actually girls but I'm sure their fathers see it different

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Rip Austin forkner

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Seattle 450 main was awesome, great racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Also "id like to give it up to the good lord...my forearms are as hard as morning wood"