Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Groveling to the Dem base is loving pathetic. Love to see it.

E: Cue that Biden twitter account posting a rorschach.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Ah yes it has been Joe Biden posting “I REQUIRE PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY” incessantly for months.

Is this real life? Like what the gently caress :lmao:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Trump wants to protect Biden from prosecution!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Shishkahuben posted:

No but seriously did truml's lawyers ever do anything to correct the evidence thing or the hosed up bond thing?

They filed a revised bond at the last minute that was still super hosed up and didn't address any of the red flags people raised. The judge had already said they're talking Monday about this and I'd anticipate it going very poorly for Trump.

:dafuq:

Does Trump think he's gaslighting people into thinking it's Biden who had dozens of claims of presidential immunity working through the courts? And even then, his entire being is focused on he was president so he gets to do whatever he wants. Like I know Trump wallows in contradiction, but what the gently caress?! Is he trying to get a reaction from people? Is he this delusional? Is he dumb enough to think that this is something people will believe? This is one of those Trump denies basic, plainly visible reality that is sitting right there situations but it somehow feels even more crazy because of how contrary to himself it is.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 17, 2024

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

It really is amazing to me how MAGA-types can simultaneously think that Trump should have immunity to do "things related to the election" and Biden shouldn't have the exact same "immunity", somehow. They really do just want a Republican God-King who's free to rule without oversight, but the moment it's a Democrat those same benefits applied to someone they don't like makes their heads explode.

I get that there's no making sense of it both ways, but it is boggling how many people ignore reality if they don't like what it means to them.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

So let me get this straight. Presidential immunity means corruption, except for meeeeee when it's valid in all cases, including my standing as a private citizen.

Guys I'm beginning to suspect there is a bias here based on party affiliation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

Hopefully get some video of this soon

yeah comer is loving moron but even he realizes they have loving nothing and its just at best them colectivly jerking off for the chud base and at worst imploding GOP chances in november.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Their specific claim is that impeachment and conviction by the Senate is the only remedy against Presidential actions.

That's how they are squaring that circle for the time being.

It's also why mpeaching Biden is so important to them.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 17, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Aramis posted:

Their specific claim is that impeachment and conviction by the Senate is the only remedy against Presidential actions.

Not that it is the only remedy, but that it must happen before criminal trials for the same conduct occur.

The DC Circuit put that argument to bed pretty quickly with the hypothetical situation where a president commits a major crime but then immediately resigns after. With Trump's argument, said president would be immune to criminal charges because they were not impeached and removed from office first.

This argument is facile at its core, though, as Trump's own impeachment defense was that it was a waste of time since he could be charged for jan 6th related crimes after he left office.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Convex posted:

he's bracing himself for what comes next

This is maybe the 200th time I have seen this photo and it is the 200th time I am HMBOL.

It's a work of art.

I kind of feel like the truth social stock is tied to Trump not being in court and that tomorrow we are going to see a massive dump. Some would say the biggest dump, from the standpoint of stocks.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1780633095957627298

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

geeko55 posted:

It really is amazing to me how MAGA-types can simultaneously think that Trump should have immunity to do "things related to the election" and Biden shouldn't have the exact same "immunity", somehow. They really do just want a Republican God-King who's free to rule without oversight, but the moment it's a Democrat those same benefits applied to someone they don't like makes their heads explode.

I get that there's no making sense of it both ways, but it is boggling how many people ignore reality if they don't like what it means to them.

Lots of people are happy to imagine a boot stomping on a human face for ever as long as the boot is in their team’s colors.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Aramis posted:

It's also why you impeaching Biden is so important to them.

I think we've crossed the rubicon where impeachment is going to be held against every president moving forward.

The main difference being, R presidents will be impeached for manifest crimes and D presidents will be threatened for presidenting while liberal.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

kazil posted:

Hopefully get some video of this soon

:lmao:

Same kind of reaction you'd get out of a school kid lying about something and unexpectedly getting called on it by someone who knows the truth.

It'd be sad if it wasn't so drat funny.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn6jKGVxTbk

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

This is all I see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

I love this poo poo. This is what a healthy nation does, honestly.

You gotta let the kettle steam.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

FMguru posted:

Wreak, wreak, it rhymes with (Trump) Steak.

Then I guess we should wreak the forests to prevent forest fires this year.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

gently caress Newsom they need to run Raskin in 4yrs.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I kinda want our congress to get to the point where they’re throwing hands at each other. Complete the wrassle-fication of our government.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Raskin owns. Treat them like the petulant children they are.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I wish Biden would drop all the decorum and just tweet "charge me with a crime you loving pussies"

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

geeko55 posted:

you can often find consistency among people like this, but only if you assume every single thing they say or do is a flowchart, like "do i think this benefits me? if so, yes."

the guy who wrote The Authoritarians described their thoughts as holding up independent flashcards with basically no other connection to each other.

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 17, 2024

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Is that a....cum vase??

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Being an R president sounds awesome. I have moral objections but it must be nice to take total ownership of the fash party as they all goose-step in line and treat you like Jesus incarnate until the next shiny toy comes along.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1780633137292149064?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Edit: lmao

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1780635580868759842?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

geeko55 posted:

its actually really easy to understand: mentally they are about 8 years old. my son uses this kind of logic to explain why he should get to pick what we watch on TV and his sister cant.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Can't maintain internal logic for a single tweet. What a president.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AAAAAaaaa “who says we’re not”, just literally talking like kids on a playground now

loving GOPs must be having the time of their lives, they get to be 9-year-old bullies forever and everyone has to call them Sir

E: without adding “…you’re causing a scene”

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Obama the judge would be just casually eating hotdogs while counting theirs and eat more.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

So was Nancy good at blowjobs or just really enthusiastic?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

kazil posted:

RFK's VP

Her pulling on his shirt made his gut look look a little bigger to me for a second and I thought it was like an mpreg photoshop.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

so what educational background is needed to get the job of 'human twitter'?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Trump would hit wrist before he realized he was nubbing his own finger stumps.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Trump is doing his usual quantum superposition argument where he takes all sides of an argument at some point so you can't prove he was ever wrong. Biden is the one that really needs immunity! That way when the SC rules that Trump isn't immune from all prosecution forever and ever, Trump can scream he won because Biden didn't get the immunity he really wanted.

And Trump is a pudding brain so half the time he doesn't know what he's arguing anyway. The screaming white hot ball of rage can never stop.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not that it is the only remedy, but that it must happen before criminal trials for the same conduct occur.

The DC Circuit put that argument to bed pretty quickly with the hypothetical situation where a president commits a major crime but then immediately resigns after. With Trump's argument, said president would be immune to criminal charges because they were not impeached and removed from office first.

I sometimes feel a tiny, tiny bit of sympathy for the Trump lawyers having to argue poo poo like “well yeah, if the president decided to launch a nuclear strike on the city of Dallas, Texas, the day before he leaves office, then he resigns immediately before Congress can react, then there’s nothing to be done.”

Just imagine standing in front of very serious people in a system that society allows to put people to death with no repercussions (unjustly imo but whatever), and arguing poo poo that a third grader would see through, because your client is that guilty.

Then I remember that Trump is a lying sack of poo poo who refuses to pay anyone and I lmao

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Random Stranger posted:

They filed a revised bond at the last minute that was still super hosed up and didn't address any of the red flags people raised. The judge had already said they're talking Monday about this and I'd anticipate it going very poorly for Trump.

:dafuq:

Does Trump think he's gaslighting people into thinking it's Biden who had dozens of claims of presidential immunity working through the courts? And even then, his entire being is focused on he was president so he gets to do whatever he wants. Like I know Trump wallows in contradiction, but what the gently caress?! Is he trying to get a reaction from people? Is he this delusional? Is he dumb enough to think that this is something people will believe? This is one of those Trump denies basic, plainly visible reality that is sitting right there situations but it somehow feels even more crazy because of how contrary to himself it is.

NEVER argue with a Narc

It's an utter waste of time. Trump's reality shifts to what he wants it to be. There is no reality to a narc that is not malleable to the core delusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Serious_Cyclone posted:

How is the goon doing rolling puts on $DJT doing with today's bump? I'm not familiar with how this kind of maneuver works so I'm curious if today's movement is creating risk.

If your selling puts on a meme stock your an idiot.

Buying puts depends on timing and IV. DJT has an IV of 117 points over 2 days (this IV is insane for a 25 dollar stock), and puts command an additional bid up premium over the average IV. So likely with giggling madly while buying the next leg or just holding until it collapses to profitability.

Currently the at the money put with a 2 day expery is a 2 dollar a share premium. That means effectively you don't see profits until the value drops below 23 dollars, and you make 1 dollars per penny under that (options are traded in lots of 100).