Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Catastrophe posted:

I know it's been said before but Trump's inability to understand pet ownership says so much about that husk that appears almost humanlike. Is it because his brain only goes to Step 1 and he doesn't see how having a cat or dog immediately offers profits to him personally?

To put on my lay psychology hat here:

I think it's because he does not understand affection. How to give it, how to receive it, why it would be given in the first place etc. And then there is the question of caring for something that is not him.

All for a lower being like a dog or a cat?

Trump doesn't understand, or want any of that nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Farting funnyman Donald J. Trump.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Chrpno posted:

"lol tump farted"

Making fun of a former president's flatulence on these august forums??? :wotwot:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Escape From Noise posted:

Making fun of a former president's flatulence on these august forums??? :wotwot:

That's treason!

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

To put on my lay psychology hat here:

I think it's because he does not understand affection. How to give it, how to receive it, why it would be given in the first place etc. And then there is the question of caring for something that is not him.

All for a lower being like a dog or a cat?

Trump doesn't understand, or want any of that nonsense.

he views all relationships as barter, as taught by his psychopathic father. (and taught, by him, to his children.)
Ergo he thinks dogs are loving stupid because they give affection and loyalty with nothing in return [and contextualizes all pet relationships as the human manipulating the dog to do something for them, or for social status of ownership], and is also on the record for thinking military volunteers are stupid.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Cogent. The most coherent. Biden should be scared

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

dude talks like he got kicked in the head by a horse for a living

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Powerful Death Penalty

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I am a huge super fan of snl. I am really wanting to see Sarah and Michael co-host weekend update, they hardly get time together but it's always great

I'd miss Colin's delivery, but Che can do it too. Maybe Colin can host, as a treat.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Had a response lined up for something I read a few pages back but it's gone as all I can think about is 3O's new green text AV.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

down1nit posted:

I am a huge super fan of snl.

Real sicko poo poo

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Beefed Owl posted:

Had a response lined up for something I read a few pages back but it's gone as all I can think about is 3O's new green text AV.

Kinda homophobic tbqh

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

SRQ posted:

he views all relationships as barter, as taught by his psychopathic father. (and taught, by him, to his children.)
Ergo he thinks dogs are loving stupid because they give affection and loyalty with nothing in return [and contextualizes all pet relationships as the human manipulating the dog to do something for them, or for social status of ownership], and is also on the record for thinking military volunteers are stupid.

Noem is Trump's perfect running mate because she doesn't give a poo poo about dogs either

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

courting the "i love killing dogs so much" demographic really doesn't scream electoral success to me, but what do i know?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
After watching Joe's and Colin's sets this morning I just knew there was going to be a tweet from this guy.

What it didn't expect is that it would be this low energy. SAD.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Rust Martialis posted:

Kinda homophobic tbqh

It is, though 3O's entire forums persona is itself a harmful gay stereotype

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Accipiter posted:

After watching Joe's and Colin's sets this morning I just knew there was going to be a tweet from this guy.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1784428578429374651

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Accipiter posted:

Should he be shot, like a dog?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Well, I just hope everyone tries to do the best they can.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lol he didn't write that, someone took his phone

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Can my unborn fetus play catch?

Republicans: "abortions legalized in all states....for dogs" :troll:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Accipiter posted:

Copium supply sold out, please understand

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

Republicans: "abortions legalized in all states....for dogs" :troll:

Post birth abortions, like at the start of episode 2 of Fallout.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Thesaurus posted:

Hey man, I stuck around after the torrents disappeared! :regd04:

Fuckin', me too motherfucker. That :10bux: is still :10bux:
EDIT: Well gently caress me I'm an '03

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

Lol he didn't write that, someone took his phone

It’s low energy and sad

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Did I read correctly that Trump never even did a WH Correspondents' Dinner? In his whole term?

Not surprising at all really because kind of the whole point traditionally is to make self-deprecating jokes and exhibit that you are a human being. Every president we've had in my lifetime has been capable of doing that. But just imagining Trump, whose whole life revolves around bragging and complaining about personal slights against him, who fancies himself a standup comic who can make crowds eat out of his hand, making a joke at his own expense — I just can't even picture it

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Data Graham posted:

Did I read correctly that Trump never even did a WH Correspondents' Dinner? In his whole term?

Not surprising at all really because kind of the whole point traditionally is to make self-deprecating jokes and exhibit that you are a human being. Every president we've had in my lifetime has been capable of doing that. But just imagining Trump, whose whole life revolves around bragging and complaining about personal slights against him, who fancies himself a standup comic who can make crowds eat out of his hand, making a joke at his own expense — I just can't even picture it

There's a fair amount to support the theory that Trump only ever ran for office because Obama handled him with kids gloves at his correspondents dinner about the birth certificate. I think that was probably the worst day of his life.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Data Graham posted:

I think Obama roasting him at that event years back was the single most humiliating moment of his life and informed everything he did afterwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHckZCxdRkA

but he did find time to attend the Al Smith Charity Dinner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrOL7d4Q9I

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

frytechnician posted:

There's a fair amount to support the theory that Trump only ever ran for office because Obama handled him with kids gloves at his correspondents dinner about the birth certificate. I think that was probably the worst day of his life.

I like to think these long days of sitting in court are the new worst days of his life, every day...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Convex posted:

I think Obama roasting him at that event years back was the single most humiliating moment of his life and informed everything he did afterwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHckZCxdRkA

but he did find time to attend the Al Smith Charity Dinner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrOL7d4Q9I

the Alan Smithee charity dinner would overcharge him for his favorite mcburgers

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

an AOL chatroom posted:

It’s low energy and sad

One of the :sad:dest, possibly ever!
Many people are saying

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Accipiter posted:

haha, either a handler wrote it or hes just trying to shoo it along. No way he can deal with the actual substance of the digs at him

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Did we ever find a clip of Donald Trump laughing?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

frytechnician posted:

I don't think I understand what you are saying. I thought Trump was upset because Obama was mean to him at that dinner? Or am I thinking of a different occasion?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

frytechnician posted:

So far.jpeg

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

I don't think I understand what you are saying. I thought Trump was upset because Obama was mean to him at that dinner? Or am I thinking of a different occasion?

It's possible frytechnician thinks "handling with kids(sic) gloves" means he treated him very roughly? Which would be kinda funny

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

free hubcaps posted:

It's possible frytechnician thinks "handling with kids(sic) gloves" means he treated him very roughly? Which would be kinda funny

British Nanny kid gloves.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

wheatpuppy posted:

I read that as Trump being so thin-skinned he was ego-shatteringly humiliated by a relatively gentle ribbimg all things considered.

Edit: Recall that Obama was responding to Trump demanding to see his birth certificate. Because Obama's black. Trump deserved a punch in the mouth, not a comedy roast.

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 28, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He means Obama's and Seth's routines were not particularly biting but Trump has such thin skin he lost his entire poo poo over it for the rest of his life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I assume the joke is that Trump has the thinnest skin known to man, meaning that if Obama had stopped his roast at “there’s something on your tie-MADE YOU LOOK!!!” Trump would never, ever, let it go.

Trump strikes me as someone who can hold a grudge like none other. I bet his presidency had a lot of minute petty decisions made to spite some local golf maintenance worker who he thinks messed up one of his drives and poo poo like that.