Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Apparently Lauren Boebert decided she hasn't been acting trashy enough lately and punched her ex husband in the nose in a Colorado restaurant. Then she called the cops on him.

:fork: She’s done. She’s not winning the primary for CO-4 when they could pick literally anyone else and get the exact same votes without the drama/embarrassment. Also, they can pick someone who actually lives in CO-4 and isn’t nakedly carpetbagging from CO-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Everyone who has ever gone all-in on Trump has ended up either disgraced, disbarred, or in prison, but let’s see how this works out for Elise Stefanik! :fart:

I’m sure the entire Republican apparatus deciding to play “will they/won’t they” with accepting the election results is going to go great. :thumbsup:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's really weird.

I still have to wonder if there was some kind of mega-ironclad NDA that Trump made the entire GOP sign that bound their souls for life because the lockstep they have all been in is loving eerie

Not even. The Bush/McCain/Romney Republican Party is dead. Their only chance at winning anymore is Trump. It’s 100% cult of personality, after him there is no successor.

There’s a chunk of voters who used to vote Republican who don’t anymore after Trump. There’s a chunk of voters that only vote when Trump is on the ballot.

When Trump’s on the ballot, they get 2020. When Trump’s not on the ballot, they get 2022 and 2023. It’s a real no-win situation, made worse by the fact that they offer nothing to young people (now meaning, like, under 40), so every year it gets worse and worse as more Boomers and older die off.

Their only strat now is getting non-Republican voters to stay home or vote third party. That’s why there’s this effort to convince everyone that Biden is just as corrupt and self-dealing as Trump, and why there’s more third party candidates running than ever (RFK, Green, plus No Labels). It’s an all-out smash and grab at this point. It sucks that Biden has real vulnerabilities, too (age, I/P, inflation (prices will not go down even though inflation has slowed down)).

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

it's because everything is overcooked so much that bacteria can't possibly survive

There was a Wendy’s chicken nugget dropped in the parking lot at an apartment complex I used to live at that sat there untouched for over a month. Nothing would eat it, not raccoons, not stray dogs, not even ants or flies or bacteria or anything else.

It really made me think about what’s in fast food and what kind of stuff is done to it, like irradiation. :tinfoil:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Not only was Alina Habba a parking lot lawyer before being Trump’s lawyer, but it turns out her husband owned the parking lot. :vince:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Froghammer posted:

Billionaires have access to crazy powerful drugs that can effectively cure Covid make an old man's dick work

Can’t use ED drugs if you have heart issues. :flaccid::sad:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Elise Stefanik will not win over a single suburban woman voter that wasn’t already voting for Trump.

She’s also obnoxious, so good luck with that.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

It’s going to be funny in a few more years when all the potential Republican candidates are all weirdos who are personally off putting like Ronnie D.

These people don’t know how to act in public.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

JAnon posted:

if Trump loses the Republican nomination I'm going to giggle like a upper-class child from Victorian England

Impossible.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Frank Frank posted:

Is there a particular reason it seems like they're pushing for a female VP? I mean, I get Harris is a thing but you'd think that would lose points with their base.

People around Trump have been saying he wants a female VP for two years now, because he feels like he lost suburban (white) women in 2020 compared to 2016, and that will totally fix it. Y’know, the 2020 election that he totally didn’t lose and was rigged and STOLLEN from him.

Thing is, whatever female Republican he chooses is going to be vehemently anti-abortion, and that’s what’s killing the GOP with women - and not just suburban women - lately.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

He only wants a female VP so he can try to gently caress her. Let's be real. His running mate will be an attractive female.

This is why I think he goes with Kristi Noem, governor of one of the Dakotas. He’s a pig and won’t consider a woman who is not *ahem* photogenic.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Imagine thinking there was an appetite within the Democratic Party for a challenge to Biden from the right.

:lol:

:lmao:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grey Cat posted:

Why do chuds get so much work done? I don't see this nearly as much on the left. Like beyond some mild gender affirming stuff it's never even close to botched like chud plastic work.

Their entire view of reality is warped and perverted, which is why they're wrong about everything.

It's like body dysmorphia, but about everything

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nikki Haley appointed Tim Scott to the Senate. Without that, he never would have made it through an open primary in South Carolina. Now Tim Scott just endorsed Trump.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Credit card statements show Trump special prosecutor appointed by Georgia DA Fani Willis bought her plane tickets
A Fulton County commissioner says he is now pursuing an investigation into Willis over allegations that she had an improper relationship with prosecutor Nathan Wade.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/credit-card-statements-show-trump-special-prosecutor-appointed-georgia-rcna134791

quote:

Nathan Wade, the outside special prosecutor appointed by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to oversee her criminal racketeering case against Donald Trump, purchased plane tickets for the DA for trips together, according to credit card statements included in a Friday court filing obtained by NBC News.

A co-defendant in the Trump case, Michael Roman, had previously made misconduct accusations against the pair, alleging they had been “engaged in an improper, clandestine personal relationship during the pendency of this case, which has resulted in the special prosecutor, and, in turn, the district attorney, profiting significantly from this prosecution at the expense of the taxpayers.”

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee has scheduled a hearing on the allegations for Feb. 15.

The credit card statements showing Wade had purchased tickets for himself and Willis to travel San Francisco and Miami in 2022 and 2023 were attached to a filing by Wade’s estranged wife, Joycelyn Wade, in the couple’s ongoing divorce case in Cobb County, Georgia.

The DA’s office declined to comment on the credit card statements.

A member of Fulton County’s board of commissioners said in a statement Friday that he would pursue a “full investigation” into the allegations that Willis had an improper relationship with Wade.

“Under no circumstances should an elected official contract with or hire someone who they are in a romantic relationship with,” said Commissioner Bob Ellis, adding that in the absence of such a relationship “accepting favors and extravagant gifts from such contractors should also be considered improper.”

Ellis, who serves as chairman of the county’s audit committee, sent a letter to Willis on Friday requesting documents related to the appointment of special prosecutors, and payment and invoices for special prosecutors’ services dating back to Jan. 1, 2021.

In a filing Thursday, Willis had accused Joycelyn Wade of trying to “harass” her and “damage her professional reputation” by subpoenaing her for a deposition in the divorce case. Willis said the wife had “conspired with interested parties in the Criminal Election Interference Case to use the civil discovery process to annoy, embarrass and oppress District Attorney Willis.”

The DA said that the Wades have been living apart since 2021 and have agreed in court filings that their marriage is “irretrievably broken,” and that she does not have any information “that might prove relevant to granting or denying the divorce.”

Joycelyn Wade painted a different picture in her filing, which was first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and said Willis has information about her husband’s finances.

She said her husband filed for divorce on Nov. 2, 2021 — a day after Willis appointed him as special prosecutor. Joycelyn Wade said she had been kept in the dark about the appointment, which resulted in “substantial income” for her husband to which she was not privy.

The court filing said Nathan Wade had left her “with little means of financial support while simultaneously spending tens of thousands of dollars per month on a very lavish lifestyle.”

“Since Plaintiff filed for divorce, he has taken trips to San Francisco and Napa Valley, to Florida and even gone on Caribbean cruises, enjoyed a trip to Belize, another to the country of Panama and even just last month took a trip to Australia. The evidence is clear that Ms. Willis was an intended travel partner for at least some of these trips as indicated by flights he purchased for her to accompany him,” the filing said.

The statements show one of the tickets cost almost $900 and the other almost $500.

Roman’s filing suggested Wade and Willis were in a “romantic relationship,” a sentiment echoed in Joycelyn Wade’s filing.

“Defendant seeks to depose Ms. Willis in order to determine details surrounding her romantic affair with Plaintiff, as there appears to be no reasonable explanation for their travels apart from a romantic relationship,” the filing said.

“Contrary to Ms. Willis’s belief, the Defendant is not utilizing the deposition to harass her but rather to seek pertinent information from her husband’s paramour regarding her relationship with Plaintiff and the extent of the Plaintiff’s financial involvement in the same. These answers are relevant to the equitable division of the marital estate, dissipation of marital assets, and the Plaintiff’s capacity to provide spousal support,” it added.

A Cobb County judge has set an emergency hearing for Monday at 11:30 a.m. ET to hear arguments on Willis’ effort to block the subpoena and whether to unseal the divorce records in the case.

Invoices attached to Roman’s court filing last week show Wade has been being paid $250 an hour for his work on the case, and his law firm has been paid at least $550,000 since 2022 for his work on the sprawling 19-defendant case.

Roman is using the alleged relationship to contend that Willis, Nathan Wade and the DA’s office should be disqualified from prosecuting the case and the criminal charges against him dismissed. He alleged that Willis had sidestepped the proper procedure to appoint Wade, thereby tainting the entire case.

“Instead of handling this case within her office, as she could have done,” the filing said, Willis “chose to hire a private special prosecutor to preside over the case,” and in doing so used the prosecution “to pay her partner a large sum of money.”

Willis has not yet responded to the allegations, and her office has said she would in a court filing. McAfee has ordered her office to respond to Roman’s filing by Feb. 2.

Attorneys for Roman and Joycelyn Wade did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Did Fani Willis seriously gently caress up the Trump RICO case over $1400 in plane tickets?! :cripes:

Even if the romantic relationship stuff is bunk, there’s a lot here that stinks.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Crazyweasel posted:

I think it’s time to realize the reason why all of this happens, like enabling a fascist repeatedly for years, is partially because the incompetence throughout government, in all forms, is staggering.

Imagine going at Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Franco, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. and thinking, “hey this is a great time to gently caress around and possibly get a little something for myself!”

:sigh:

Like, motherfucker, he will kill you for bringing this case! And don’t believe for a second, “it can’t happen here.” If Trump is president again, people who opposed him are going to fall out windows and suffer other unfortunate “accidents.”

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Fani Willis should be sentenced to life in a prison cell with Trump for being such a dumbass. She can inhale his farts everyday until he croaks.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BrideOfUglycat posted:

What infuriates me is that you have to go into this knowing they are going to do EVERYTHING they can to disqualify and delay. EVERYTHING has to be done by the book to avoid that. I'm a loving legal layperson, I don't have a law degree, I've worked with but not for lawyers, but it doesn't take a legal genius to know how this works because it applies to almost every job across the board. If someone wants to gently caress you, make sure you leave no available opportunities for that to happen. These people worked their way up that food chain. They should know better.

I work as a low-level corporate drone and I’d be fired for doing whatever the equivalent of this is. Seriously, we have to do yearly computer trainings on not having inappropriate relationships with or taking gifts from vendors/contractors even though my job has zero contact with either.

It’s a level of fecklessness, incompetence, and corruption that is just astounding, especially considering the stakes.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Coolguye posted:

jesus, doomerflood started early this weekend

It’s not doomer to say Fani Willis hosed the case up to the point where the best case scenario is the trial picks up in, like, two years.

When you’re charging a former president with RICO, you should know better than to gently caress around. I’m not a lawyer. Most of the people ITT are not lawyers. She’s a freaking District Attorney. Why do we know this and she doesn’t?!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BURGER, BURGER, BURGER!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trump’s favorite black metal band is Dimmu Burger

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

They’d be on thin ice if it was just an affair, but when the DA contracts out work to an independent law firm, and then receives a financial benefit from someone at that law firm, that’s what’s known as a “kickback,” and it’s old school public corruption poo poo.

For all we know, they aren’t even loving, they’re just pals and the guy who bills the taxpayers for $250/hr (for half a million dollars and counting) giving her the gift of $1400 worth of plane tickets to San Francisco and Miami is not okay and probably breaks some kind of law.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

big nipples big life posted:

Whatever the effect on the case, just imagine throwing away your entire career for 2 plane tickets.

Imagine possibly going to jail for 2 plane tickets. :doh:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because NH isnt a big bastion of weird chud poo poo. its mostly various boring moderate/buisness types. plus chud votes already have trump, so why try there.

NH is also a state that has gone Blue for every presidential candidate since 2004 after Bush won it in 2000 despite often voting in Republicans for governor and other statewide offices.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Outpost22 posted:

Someone correct me if I forgot something

GOP Talking Point/Dog Whistle
Tough on crime = Harrass black people
Border security = Get rid of Hispanic people
Anti globalist = Anti Semitic
Traditional Family Values = Homophobic
Economic Anxiety = Taxes being raised on corporations
Women's Sports = Trans Panic

EDIT:
Weaponization of DOJ = Holding Rump accountable for crimes
Hunter Biden = Huge Hog

Traditional Family Values = pro-rape and incest

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Any Republican has a better than 50% chance at winning the presidency because the whole stupid Electoral College system favors the Republican Party. You should be afraid Trump could win again, because we now know that losing the popular vote by 2.8 million equals an EC win and losing by 7 million equals a loss and the tipping point is somewhere in between.

Could Trump lose by 5 million votes and still win? 6 million? Who knows! They say Biden actually won by 40,000 votes in AZ, WI, and GA, does that mean Trump could win with a 6,959,999 popular vote deficit? Who knows!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

APAB

All Presidents Are Bastards

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Seems doubtful, at least not in areas it would matter

Overturning Roe v Wade turned out to be unpopular in Kansas and Ohio. It’d be nice if Dems could make the case, “when you elect Republicans, things like this happen.” And Trump having sound bites out there literally bragging about how HE overturned Roe v Wade should be a layup.

Trump supposedly wants a female VP because he feels he lost ground with suburban women in 2020, but Roe v Wade repeal is broadly unpopular with more than just urban/suburban women, it’s unpopular with a decent chunk of rural women as well.

If it turns off voters in KS and OH, then it sure as poo poo can move the needle in AZ, WI and GA.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Post itt every time you lol that trump is going to be president in 2024

:actually: he won’t be president at any time in 2024!

Because if he prevails in the 2024 election, he doesn’t get inaugurated until 1/20/25! :eng101:

2024 may be the last year he’s not president… ever!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Data Graham posted:

It would be good to know that his base is shrinking if that is the case.

I know that all through his term we saw his approval rating banging against that 39% number like a fly against a window, never dipping lower, and we eventually concluded that that was just his concrete floor, solid as bedrock.

Are we saying that number is actually starting to get porous? Or that his "base" has been larger during Biden's term than it was during Trump's, and now it has to shed chaff and shrink back down to its impenetrable demon core in order for Biden to have a chance at all?

Millions of loud idiots won't translate to a win if there's only a few millions of them and everyone else is just quietly sick of everything being so loving stupid and having to hear about his obnoxious rear end whining 24 hours a day.

His base voters are old as gently caress and literally dying out. COVID accelerated this because Trump voters were the ones who refused to take it seriously. Life expectancy went down and excess deaths went up. Meanwhile, 2/3rds of people under 40 hate Trump. :sad:

In my personal life, I know of three Trump voters who died of old age after 2020, and one non-Trump voter who died of COVID (in his 40s). I can also tell you from personal experience that the Boomers are not aging gracefully. I know two separate Boomers, who don’t know each other, who are both diabetic, but insist they’re “pre-diabetic.” One of them has had toes amputated, the other had a stroke in October. Both are on metformin, a drug that type 2 diabetics can take instead of insulin. Because they are on metformin, neither of them have made any modifications to their diet and lifestyle, and they both eat like utter poo poo - fast food, sugar, junk food etc. They’re both in separate states, different families, don’t even know the other exists, and yet they’re disturbingly EXACTLY the same in regards to their attitudes towards food, the role of drugs/medicine, the severity of their conditions, etc. Neither of their doctors told them this is okay, somehow they’ve both independently come to the conclusion that, “this pill means I can eat whatever I want.”

People have been doomsaying about the coming wave of boomer deaths and how it’s going to stress the healthcare system in ways we’ve never seen before, and I have a feeling it’s going to be so much worse than even the worse expectations, because these people are a bunch of deranged 5-year-olds who won’t eat a drat vegetable, with too much money and nothing in their lives that can tell them, “no.”

It’s like a giant Jenga tower has been built up since before we were born and it’s all about to topple over and crush us underneath.

:lol: Trump

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Also, Trump likely used that incumbent advantage for some fuckery. Like, we know about the postal service /Louis DeJoy poo poo, but there’s probably also stuff we don’t know about. :tinfoil:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Azuth0667 posted:

Do not channel loving fishmech.

I don’t know what this means lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Junk posted:

i remember 3 years ago when this thread was genuinely worried ron would win in 2024

Yeah, and then I heard him speak and was like, “nah, he has a bad case of nerd voice.” And that was before I knew about his facial ticks and lifts and everything else.

Nikki Haley’s doomed because she’s not white and a woman, and if she wins NH, Trump’s going to say she’s a Sikh or Muslim pretending to be Christian.

If the Republicans wanted to easily beat Biden, they’d nominate Chris Sununu, but he was dead in the water for the primary, so he didn’t even run.

Trump can beat Biden, but it’s going to take a lot more work, and Trump himself is going to be a gigantic lodestone around the GOP’s neck making every step towards Election Day ten times more difficult.

…oh, and he also might just up and die before then, too!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

fishing with the fam posted:

So fuckin funny to me that all that it took was a single primary caucus loss to have Ronny D running away with his tail tucked between his legs. Absolute piss baby poo poo.

Never back down! :patriot:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Almost Smart posted:

I hope the “my morals won’t let me vote for Joe” crew comes around when the danger Trump poses starts to become tangible.

Those voters don’t actually have morals.

:thunk:

They’re rapists. They’re bringing drugs and crime. And some of them, I assume, are good people.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:thunk:

Ron DePanties

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Reminder Ron is gonna get buried in lawsuits and Disney is going to own Florida thanks to Ron DeSantis.

Probably better off with the Disney Corporation running the place rather than the Republican Party. :sad:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I think DeSantis voters are trad Republicans who think Trump is too liberal on LGBT issues.

They probably vote for Trump over Haley for reasons.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Silly Burrito posted:

how the hell do you let Kelce get THAT open

TRUMP

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Buffalo's defense needs to build a wall

They need to shut this whole thing down until they know what the hell is going on!