Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Weekend update: Since we had covid (1st timer's club at the end of 2023!) over Christmas, we hosted a Christmas party at our house this weekend. My brother attended and while he's been chuddy since around 2000* I was talking to my brother in law and was mentioning the 2 videos (Zelda stamina wheel fall and the Animaniacs one) and my brother was a huge animaniacs fan before the WOKE relaunch of the show. So he starts in with loudly going, "I don't want to hear it, I don't want to see it!" and kept on reaffirming that stance which tells us everything we need to know, that despite his claims of not supporting Pmurt, he 100% supports Pmurt.

He was low key but still a prick the whole time he was at my house too and my wife got really mad / frustrated at him. The second he was out the door she started talking mad poo poo about him, but that goes back to pretty much the first time they ever met (18 years ago) when he insisted organic milk is less good for you because of the bacteria, and she had to correct him that organic milk does not mean unpasteurized. He can't stand being wrong.

*When he was in his early 20s he got kicked out of my dad's house for being a layabout after quitting his job. He went and crashed on his highly conservative friend's couch for a year and a half and instead of standing up for what he believed at the time (he was a big Michael Moore fan / hated the Bush 1 administration, etc) he bowed and just started parroting their beliefs and became the chud he is today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

feelix posted:

Sounds like your dad should have loved your brother more

Him getting kicked out for being a layabout had more to do with his staying up all night with his underage girlfriend (he was like 22? She was about 16/17ish) quit his job, dropped out of school, committed to the USMC and then dropped out on the day he was supposed to ship out, got fired / arrested for theft from his job, declared he didn’t need to work / go to school, etc. So saying for being a layabout was pretty generous.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Toxic Mental posted:

Oh hell no, he's already calling her playground names. The only person he hasn't called names is Kari Lake and Stefanik so it'll be one of them.

I mean I can also just imagine him not naming a VP because he doesn't trust anyone or something.

I live South of Portland and it's been famous for its bum population for as long as I've been alive.

When I was a kid it was "oh, Burnside Bums" etc and then my mom got an apartment right off Burnside. We went and stayed a week with her and it was like, no big deal. Even as a doughy 15 year old it felt extremely safe. We walked to the theater and saw 12 Monkeys for $1.50 after dark. Same trip we ran into Art from Everclear coming out of a vintage clothing store, and that was right after Sparkle and Fade came out and Santa Monica was blowing up the radio.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Scam Likely posted:

We're moving into a place with all electric utilities, no natural gas at all, and it really REALLY upset my uncle who works in the gas industry.

:clint: "What will you do if they power goes out?"

:shrug: "Light candles and not watch TV for a while? Beats dying in a gas explosion"

hows it feel to be that owned, dumb liberal??
HAHA HAHA HA,,gaaahgaaagh choking... why did all the doctors leave the state? *dead*

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

withak posted:

Chris Christie was in the White House race??
No, he was in the Waffle House race.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

more like Moms for Liberating Merchandise.
I hope Loss Prevention yelled, "Nobody wants to work anymore!" at her.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I cannot imagine living a life so angry at everything

i dont get it.
Does that mean there's hope for me yet?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I have the Pluto.tv app running on the tv and there’s a Three’s Company channel. I was watching it last night and switched it back on today. Mr Furley was helping out in the kitchen at Jack’s Bistro (somewhat near the end of the series) and he screwed up the steaks by covering them in ketchup. That reminded me of the big orange moron. And that’s a LOL.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Squibbles posted:

Do they have the episode where you can see jack's balls?

I had to look up that it was a thing that happened and I’m sure they would be using an edited version of the episode. Also, it really seems like all shows from the 70s-90s were super homophobic. I mean they sure beat that horse to death but I still think Friends is a greater offender.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Was without power for 7 days, no functional internet until last night.
What did I miss in the last... 10 days (besides 6,000 posts)?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Aramis posted:

You may not believe this, but it turns out that Ron DeSantis' is not a great candidate.

The guy who somehow rolled a 0 in Charisma?

You have a point there.

Glad to be back, you goony bastards.
I had to do real work, like cutting up tree limbs with a circular saw because I had no chainsaw. But now I have literally tons of free firewood for next winter. Thanks, Obama!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

You beat me to it.
They killed it off too early and let Grays Anatomy go on wayyyy too long (like last the 2nd season).

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Shishkahuben posted:

Dudes got a. Uh. Colorful imagination.

Probably less imagination and more just recounting what he has personally done.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

It's funny how people who claim to be the party which loves the constitution will act as though it says its protections apply only to those who are citizens of the country.
Fun fact, there's text in the damned thing which specifically differentiates by language such as within the 14th. If you want to claim the president is not an officer by literal wording, you must also accept that the 14th lays out what defines citizenship and then directly turns and states how equal protection of the law shall not be denied to any person within its jurisdiction. Not citizen.
So Mr. Hawley can sit his seditious rear end straight the gently caress down and choke to death on a horse's cock.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

bird with big dick posted:

You can’t climb a sphere it’s physically impossible

I was going to say something smart-assed about walking across the earth, but:
1: the earth is oblongish and therefore not an actual sphere (spheroid, I guess)
2: That would be circumnavigation of the sphere, now wouldn't it. So I guess it just depends on the size of the sphere. The giant red ball in front of Target also isn't a sphere as it has a flat point on the bottom.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Hollismason posted:

Who is the person making the sign of the devil and wearing a upside down cross.

She was in a Dunkin Donuts commercial and is apparently a musician.
I'm old and don't listen to a lot of "current" music. except dubstep, trap, and phonk

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Stoatbringer posted:

Biden needs to run a campaign to win over the younger voters, maybe by expressing how “Donny T is cringe” and they need to “yeet” him because he’s “sus”, whereas “Cool Joe The GOAT” is “totes amazeballs”, “fetch” and “down with the kids on the street”.

Maybe work in skateboards and vaping as well somehow.

Diamond Joe is Amazeballs; Donny Pmurt is Tazeballs.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Vire posted:

Amazing even Haba is now putting on orange bronzer. It's like some kind of horror movie where they must spread the bronzer to everyone. Its super obvious too because around her eyes and the sides of her face you can see her real skin color.

We all thought Idiocracy was the documentary sent back in time as a warning but it appears They Live was as well.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Can we vote for her in 28?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Three Olives posted:

Apparently what he is being charged with is unauthorized computer misuse for accessing an Fox News internal use only feed that was being broadcast unencrypted with no password or username requirements, you just had to know the address. He didn't even bother attempting to obscure his IP address because, again, it was a stream fully acessible by anyone that knew the URL.

Good thing he didn't view the page source, he might get the chair.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I was thinking about this for the last few days, while this thread has made me super mad at all Republicans.
Just absolutely gently caress these pieces of poo poo. Every one of them, but especially every single one who puts themselves into Turnip's orbit. They all have cancer of the soul, and they all have made the world nothing but worse.
I hope they all choke to death while bystanders just don't bother to save them so that they suffer on the way out and in their final moment they realize they are finally getting what they deserve.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Squiggle posted:

Frankly getting to watch him pull a "that a fat loser from Utah who faked his death and pretended to be an orphan in Scotland to dodge a rape charge" will be extremely funny and I can't wait to see him get dumped out of that wheelchair by Melania trying to push it up a van ramp

ed

That suit is too close to fitting properly.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/semaforben/status/1764732085191745626

This is not what I picture when I hear foreign government assassin operating in the US.

That picture looks like something a previous generation of generative ai crapped out.
More like AIranian... He also looks super impatient so he could be Karianian.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I feel like this photo isn't allowed within 1500 feet of schools.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Disco Pope posted:

Sell your ugly loving golf course and let the sea reclaim it, Trump.

Sell it to who, Disco Pope? loving Aquaman?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Silly Burrito posted:

It cost me roughly $2500 (ticket, trip, hotel) to go to Super Bowl 44 and see the Saints win their only Super Bowl. Ask me if I’d rather have that or the $2500 back in the bank.

I’d be more likely to ask if it was pass interference. oh my god, that was five years ago #letsgorams

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I've never seen this guy's comics before, but drat, you are talented.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

PhazonLink posted:

tinhat idea, cartoon man's german name is a name change and he used to have a normal but still white as hell name. (or for more lols he had an ethnic sounding name , note other white country names count in his mind)

Because they can, while hundreds of thousands of people starve to death.
It’s FYGM incarnate.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hate that almost half the country worships every word out of this fuckers mouth

I hate the fact that there are not convenient fissures nor volcanoes to throw those people into.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

CannonFodder posted:

John Leguizamo was so good in Violent Night. S tier Christmas movie.

Fact. I laughed so hard all the way through it.
The Pest is a criminally underrated movie that’s dumb-funny. His tv show was fantastic too. There was a sketch that I want to say was the “Blame Game” a game show where people blame others for their problems. A classic.im sure it’s on YouTube

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Ulf posted:

You’re like the third person to say this now but what exactly do you think it means to ban a rock that you find in the ground?

It had been banned in construction but companies were allowed to use the years-long stores of it which had been produced. It was still being used into the 80s. I’m pretty sure they still use it in brake pads and poo poo.

Junk posted:

wait, scooter was at jan 6? why not arrested(?)

My theory is they cuffed him but he slipped out like Tooms.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

MrQwerty posted:

Not most of them, but it's one of those things where there's nothing better to replace it with for certain applications, which is technically why OSHA and workplace safety standards and practices exi:lmao:

From what I just read if you buy brake pads that are produced in places like India, China, etc you can pretty much assume they do have more than the allowed 1% asbestos content. Also nbc news has an article saying the use it in filters they use for making bleach and other nasty chemicals which is largely in Texas and Louisiana. (Oh hey, it’s those two again…)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Anyone remember the movie Freaked? I remember liking it as a kid, but I haven't watched it recently to see if it holds up.

It holds up. Also my favorite Keanu movie. The minus is that Randy Quaid went nuts though he is great in the movie.

In high school we had a class that was like a merged physics/ shop lab and our teacher was out for a week. Our substitute was the swimming / wrestling coach who didn’t have a lesson plan. I had a vhs copy in my bag and he let us watch it in class. We got away with so much back then.

Edit: Mr T snipe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Strong Sauce posted:

i was going back to 2016 to clip something from his cspan announcement where he was saying he was so rich he didn't need other people's donations...

it's kinda surreal how much more lucid he is in that clip. we all wonder why we were afraid of trump back then. it's because he was pretty communicative, assertive albeit still crazy, which is what made it all the more scary.

now his words are all just weird ramblings and he's also being indicted/forced to pay monies.

I heard a clip (maybe it was on Keith Olbermann's podcast?) of Turnip going on about how asbestos shouldn't be banned and I want to say it was 2003 or something and his speech was so much faster and more focused. It made me think back to if he was such a slobbering mess on the first 2 seasons of The Apprentice, which I had watched at the time and he wasn't at least in the takes they used. Now... dude's a mess.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

winterwerefox posted:

I lived in Klamath Falls for 6 years. Id say let em, but honestly, Id rather keep em in Oregon out of spite.

I'm still sad that Red's Backwoods BBQ closed. They still have Wubba's and that's pretty good. Brawny burger is pretty good. There's a decent game store. I say we keep it and Idaho can gently caress off.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

winterwerefox posted:

I took my chud parents to Red's, they complained that they didnt have Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce, didnt seem to enjoy the food, then made Sweet Baby Ray's soaked ribs the next day in my oven while i was at work. Then wanted me to compare the two foods.

tragic

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

It's been a long day, but that mentos nonsense was only this morning, wasn't it?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

They’re going to send Scott Presler to all 50 states with an unlimited supply of Ensure

I read this as "with an unlimited supply of Erasure" and now I have Always stuck in my head.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Boo. Got my hopes up for a fraction of a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

vaginite posted:

Now your political contributions are tax deductible

I 100% read this as a line in the Apashe track Kannibalen.
It really fits in the context of the track too.