Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

He knows the economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love all the cons for Trump ads surrounding the Holy Con Man Himself speaking.

It's like some demented dystopia.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is the man who razed his balls to death

It's such a homey, nice setting...... and then Tazer Ball Patriot Guy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hazo posted:

https://x.com/carolrn_usmc/status/1743746837356372360?s=46&t=Y9tN5g_IyRiifSxBmqZbkw

“I have no problem with someone who refuses to promise not to overthrow the government!”

loving traitor rear end useless fucks leeching off my tax dollars while they support treason

It's only a voluntary pledge, I read, created during the Red Scare days.

Still says a lot he didn't sign it, but it doesn't affect his ability to run - that thing, at least.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

Single. Biggest. Political. Event. EVER!

The forgotten men and women remembered again like NEVER BEFORE!

Feels like Trump has started to work a lot more "Praise God" and "Thank Jesus" into his rants of late, like he's feeling the energy from the holy rollers and incoporating it into the act.

I'd be curious to see his use of the word "God" on Twitter/Truth over time. I bet it goes from near zero for years to a line going ever up.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Steadiman posted:

What's funny is that, after all trump's attacks and insults, Ron is absolutely going to pull a Cruz and endorse him as the greatest president and human being ever

Yep, and that first public meeting of them, with Ron teetering in his boots far below all 6'3, 215 pounds of pure vengeance, will be amazingly pathetic.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

A split between the president and the house majority. In that scenario, what possible incentive would a GOP house have to confirm the EC results? :decorum: ?

Like in the upcoming election.

Which House will actually certify the 2024 results? This one, or the next?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

The new house does it... I think.

Yes there was some law, but it couldn't have changed the EC vote confirmation process without a constitutional amendment.

Well, that's either better or worse. With the House as close as it is now, I'd trust enough Repubs to vote to certify.

But if the Repubs gain seats and have a more comfortable majority? Who knows.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Babbitt & Benghazi

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There's a Haley had I have to watch that has these breathless reporters saying Haley has a 17 point lead in the polls over Biden;
Cut to Haley saying that with a 17 point win, they can finally secure the border.

Makes me laugh. Imagining Haley winning the Presidency over Biden 57-40

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

What the gently caress would Biden even have to do to lose to Haley by 17 points? Take a dump on his podium during a debate, and declare, "If I'm re-elected the poopy days are here to stay!" Or something?

Hell even if he did that, I still think he'd win.

Indeed.

But there she is saying it on stage in Podunk, NH.

It's funny (but pretty representative of Republicans).

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

He's going to be a felon by the election

1st candidate for President who legally can't vote for himself.

!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Aramis posted:

Joking aside, it seems pretty clear by now that Trump himself has been given a ton of leeway to waste the court's time with stupid motions, and the worse consequence he's seeing is his attorneys having to pay fines. Of course he's going to be throwing every single stupid hail mary at the wall just in case one of them sticks for some reason or other.

Also, his real and only hope: DELAY DELAY DELAY, and hope he gets elected and then... TOTAL EXONERATION

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

The question I have is, what happens when VBM is eliminated. Does that energize Dems to go out in person because more of them were appreciative of VBM?

It's one thing to look at VBM-vs-in-person R/D patterns when both are available, but if VBM gets banned then all bets are off.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll make voting in person as difficult as possible in heavy Dem areas.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Tucker has extreme "kid sitting in his dad's shop and was told to not touch anything" energy in that pic

That table, while a nice piece of wood, is a terrible desk. Waaaay too high.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What's your proof?

Some whacko said something on the internet.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is why you don't go on national television without being adequately prepped. The questions are obvious and you can rehearse canned answers to them

It's on CNN. No one that matters will see it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/antitoxicpeople/status/1744466717164876083?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Dunno how serious this is but look at that Dick Tracy rear end villain.

Is that the bad guy from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I'm proud to be one of the last 2 holdouts of sanity.

We will hold the line!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Philthy posted:

Im not even sure how they do the border fight anymore. It used to be about takin' our jerbs, but we need so many immigrants right now it's actually holding the economy back from even being more productive. They could go for the fent route, but that's not even coming from the border. Trafficking maybe? The whole border thing is meh. I get it, it's pure racism at the core for a lot of those voters, but framing it any other way for the weirdos in them middle doesn't seem doable anymore.

I've had to suffer through an official Trump ad (proximity to NH) and it's about the SCARY BORDER and Fentanyl deaths are heavily implied to be caused by that OPEN BORDER

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TremorX posted:

Serious question: What is the supposed "proof" that there were feds in the J6 crowd? I always see the accusations and the total acceptance of it on the right as fact, but, like Antifa, I never see any actual evidence to back it up.

They read it on the internet. Heard Trump and gang say so.

Ain't that proof enough?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

Tucker or somebody starts "Just asking quesitons." on air
Then some GOP politician makes some statement about how their constituents are asking about it.
Then some other GOP politician says some poo poo like 'Lots of people are wondering.... maybe it's time for a hearing." if dems are in control add in "Democrats refuse to hold a hearing."
Then it circles back around to Fox/OANN/whatever "Congress talking about hearing for Antifa plants at Jan 6"

And loop around and around, amplifying the BS over and over until Jim Jordan or MTG or some other batshit holds an actual hearing so the head of the FBI or capitol police or somebody has to sit there and get screamed at on camera for more sound bytes.

Yep. And this is the formula for everything they do.

You missed the first step though: Out there, somewhere, is a group (maybe several) who are pushing these ideas into the cycle to start. They probably use focus groups and polls and other tools to find out what issues or phrasing would work best, then they inject it into the above process.

It doesn't always work, but they are always trying, and it only takes a few to catch on to work.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Thanks for clarifying that

PROOF!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

They're not even sandals, they're just flip-flops, like the shittiest cheapest footware. Super uncomfortable. If you want to look laid back or what not at least go with like slippers or something.

Like obviously the whole thing is he's trying to make it look like he's dressing down and being more casual, he is just super loving bad at it.

Hello Fellow Common Man!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It is a nice courthouse.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The monkey's paw of inevitability and large leads is that if you don't win by a huge amount you lose. If Trump doesn't win Iowa or New Hampshire by at least 20 points each (or even loses one), the narrative is going to be that he doesn't have as strong a grip on the party as everyone thought and that's going to lead to a free for all

I hope so, but find that unlikely. NH can always be seen as an oddball. And when does Trump care about appearances?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time_pants posted:

It would be so bizarre to be a chud symbol. Just a blank canvas for them to project their opinions and pet causes to, irrespective of anything I say or observable reality.

If you can grift and con and have no sense of shame, it's a great way to make money!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

The two most recent CNN chyrons right now:

TRUMP LAWYER SAYS PRES. CAN’T BE PROSECUTED FOR ASSASSINATING A POLITICAL RIVAL IF HE ISN’T IMPEACHED AND CONVICTED FIRST

followed by

TRUMP ATTY. SUGGESTS BIDEN COULD BE PROSECUTED FOR “MISMANAGING” BORDER IF COURT DOESN’T ESTABLISH CRIMINAL IMMUNITY FOR PRESIDENTS

A nice summary of the standards Republicans and Democrats are held too, resepctively.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

The Seal Team 6 question is going to be devastating for Trump's case

everyone's really focused on it

These are the questions the Founding Fathers spent a lot of long days and nights debating:

Should it be legal for a President to drone bomb a political rival? Seems legit, right?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

Yeah I saw those stories a few days ago that Biden and senate leadership had agreed to some top-line numbers and thought no loving way the HFC is going to be happy with this just because they got some cuts to the IRS to help their friends cheat on their taxes more.

I read an article today in WaPo which seem to indicated substantial Repub support for this, other than the screaming monkeys in the "Freedom Caucus". But it's likely they will screech and howl over anything and everything.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

And that leaves the Repub majority at.... 0?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sedgr posted:

The funny thing about this is it's mostly pissing off conservatives. The original piece, So God made a Farmer is basically holy scripture to conservative farmers and the agricultural and livestock sectors. If you're conservative and farm, you've got that on a commemorative plate, or hung up in the kitchen in Mama's hand stitching somewhere almost guaranteed. Trump taking it and shoving his name and politics into it has pissed off more conservatives than are cheering it. The broke brained chuds eat up anything he spews but there are plenty that get especially pissed at a know nothing gold plated moron who has never lifted a finger to do an ounce of work in his lifetime sullying it by forcing himself into a piece they hold dear.

Source on right wing farmers being pissed at Trump over this?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good news/bad news: This year will be the year. Either we rise up and reject Trump, or we don't.
Him dying before the election or going to jail would simply things, but if not, 11/2024 will be our inflection point.

For now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Now, I thought we had achieved a huge victory electing Bill Clinton, but then W.

Then I thought we had achieved a huge victory electing Obama, but then Trump.

But, if Trump loses in 2024, I do think he's done, as his movement. He's unique, as is MAGA. It ends with him.
And while if he's still alive in 2025, no doubt he'll still be ranting and raving. But can he realistically pose a threat in 2028?

Seems highly unlikely, but I've been wrong before!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

I’ve long felt that the current decline of the American empire is somewhat linked to the deteriorating climate, and the stresses that puts on a society that is wholly run on consumption. The American Dream is not sustainable for the future we’re heading towards, and I think on a subconscious level that leads a lot of people into a desperate quest for a rejection of reality. Trump and his stooges provide that rejection, albeit in a pathetically obvious way. Unfortunately, the fact that Trump can’t bullshit for poo poo doesn’t really matter when people really want to be sold diet bullshit, fake edition.

I disagree. The root of this is America is the unchallenged superpower in the world. AKA an Empire. And with an empire is money, power, fame. And since the 1950's with every cycle, more people seek that money, power, fame, more and more unchecked by morals. Replaced by greed, lust for power, to grab the ring. The Empire awaits those who can seize it.

But since the 90's, with Fox, this has also been twisted into a madhouse of propaganda and lies, radicalizing and dumbing down. Such that the current generation has been drinking from that hose for 25 years now. It's deep rooted.

And now, even as they threaten the very Empire they seek to rule, to rob, they grow ever more crazed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TRUMP PROMISES BEDLAM IF NOT TOTALLY IMMUNE

- Today's headlines

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

tek79 posted:

Desantis was on track to be the competent fascist, and then he drove a tank and we all know how that goes in American politics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIZqPoQfEA

Dukakis never recovered from that tank.

An early example of the "politics" we now live in 24/7.

Mockery and "Machismo".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I wonder if they have an iota of a plan of what happens next if they can the Johnson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hope they impeach that Hunter!

- CHUD