Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Philthy posted:

Why two months? Do they think they'll somehow grow a useful majority by then?

It's just "let's kick the can down the road even more because there's a dem in office."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Harveygod posted:

Legal Eagle did a video on this. Even for Trumpworld, this was insanely unethical and underhanded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KvoIDkEsiw

Most insidious part is that she told the victim the settlement would be tax free (that the organization would pay the taxes somehow). It wasn't. When tax time came, and the victim called her up asking how to document the taxes were paid, Habba said basically "I can't give you legal advice" and ghosted her. So not only did she get that bullshit settlement paid out she double hosed over the victim.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

wheatpuppy posted:

I just want you to know I appreciate the screenshots you add when you quote twitter. It's about 50/50 for me for the embeds to load successfully so it's nice to have the image right there. Thanks!

Or just post the screenshot and don't link to the csam nazi website.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty clear riff on the Saudi Arabian flag?

Goon flag blindness strikes again.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Disco Pope posted:

Maybe it's the circles I'm in, but I'm seeing a lot of "never Biden" posting for honestly frankly understandable and principled reasons.

How likely is that to be much of a threat? I'm assuming a lot of those people vote independently or not at all anyway.

When push comes to shove it's all performative.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

"..this is why this is bad for Joe Biden."

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It has. Still worth the laugh

Best line: "Just move to Florida." *puzzled look*

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

weg posted:

Yep.

Also if you're going to attempt to do it ironically you really need to make sure it's very clear and also very funny otherwise you can enjoy a posting vacation.

No such thing as ironic posting. Ironic posting is real posting.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

ianskate posted:

Ah yes, millennials overwhelming voting for the guy and party who will continue to do things that benefit the wealthy, and not the unwealthy millennials, who have been continuously thrown under the bus financially since 2008, after "doing everything right" that the same generation as him told us would make all of our dreams come true.

Yep sure, what a believable statistic. Where do they come up with this nonsense?

e: beaten by poll explanation

Well CNN said today that Millenials are going to be the "richest generation in history." :rolleyes: No one told me.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/01/economy/millennials-richest-generation-in-history/index.html

Also funniest line from that Trumbux article:

"John Amann told NBC News he bought $2,200 worth of Trump Bucks and other items over the past year only to discover they were worthless when he tried to cash them in at his local bank." Wish I could have seen that teller's face.

Verdugo fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 2, 2024

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

weg posted:

The bunker stuff always cracks me up. I get not wanting to die in an uprising, but the correct choice is avoiding the uprising all together.

But not by making the world a better place and the people content. We can't have that.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Jelly posted:

I need to see the list of qualifications the doorman at MAL has that are required for entry.

Tits must be as big as head to get in.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Catastrophe posted:

"secret turnpike"

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Froghammer posted:

The reason talking about cutting Social Security and Medicare has been a third rail in politics for decades is that it immediately alienates not only retirees (who tend to vote), but everyone who could potentially benefit from those polices within the next five or ten years (who also tend to vote). It's an enormous voting bloc that you immediately alienate because you're literally threatening their direct interests.

In a functioning democracy, that kind of talk has immediate and disastrous blowback. In 2024? Who knows, Trump might just say "gently caress 'em" knowing that they're not going to take to the streets.

Literally "who cares, I won't be around them so gently caress all of them. Reality will wink out of existence once I die."

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nodelphi posted:

We should push further, abolish time zones as well, everyone should adhere to the one true time!

America should switch to Swatch .beats. Problem solved.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, maybe don't post the obviously neo-nazi comics in the thread.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FlashFearless posted:

I'm still curious what happens if they seize everything and the value doesn't add up to half a bill. What then? Garner his wages?

I think it was outlined in the documentary The Gentlemen. Involved a freezer.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

cr0y posted:

Because when their arguments start resonating with average people who just want to not constantly burn the gently caress out of their food they start voting in chud ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZK8Z8hulFg

Pull up, thread

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Total Party Kill posted:

Am I taking crazy pills or didn't we change the rules so that we can only leave NATO via an act of congress? He can't take us out of it any longer.

I mean when has "it's against the rules" ever stopped him before?

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

zone posted:

go ahead, just loving try it again, there are a lot more jail cells and prisons that need filling

Makes me wonder, "If it's so important, anonymous poster, why aren't you there?"

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

They should have forced them all to sit through it like Alex in a Clockwork Orange, with eyes held open until the set's over.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Civil posted:

Give me a well done steak with ketchup, THE OCKY WAY

First you take the $130,000.00 and you put it on the grill!

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

SamBishop posted:

It's really nice hearing her voice again, but didn't some really hosed up poo poo go down with the Opening Arguments podcast? I'll admit I haven't really followed it since everything imploded and Thomas left/lawsuits started flying (the dynamic wasn't the same without him playing layman/cracking jokes). I'd like to still be a fan of hers, but I'm cautious.

Yes. Sexual harassment poo poo went down and the podcast exploded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenArgs/comments/10u2u8i/summary_of_all_the_accusationsallegations_against/

Not sure what happened after that, after Thomas made accusations that Andrew made an advance on him I just stopped listening. Which is a shame because it was a good podcast.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Speedboat Jones posted:

You know how birds will puke to drop weight and fly away from threats when they're in fight or flight? Trump shits pant.

Totally unrelated but just look at this specimen.

Chud answer: "He was coloring in a blue lives matter flag. Cry some more, lib."

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

Apparently Trump got on HANNITY and said the Israelis should just kill all the Palestinians, which is mostly a grim lol over immediately murdering a possibly fruitful wedge issue

If he was smart he would come out supporting Palestine and peel disgruntled voters away from Biden. Heel face turn at the end so he can become President, then a double cross where he pardons himself and becomes dictator for life. He has no convictions, so why not?

kazil posted:

please mods forgive me but this is kinda hilarious

Zachary Comstock and the rest of The Founders pull out of Israel, take to the skies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stoatbringer posted:

10 days go by.
"Here is our Notice Of Appeal."
"Hmm you forgot to sign it. Please do so and return it within 10 days."

10 more days go by.
"Here is our signed Notice Of Appeal."
"Hmm you forgot to include section 10-2 subsection C. Please do so and return it within 10 days."

10 days go by.
""Here is our updated Notice Of Appeal."
"This is all in order, thank you. We will notify you of our decision to in 3-6 months."

the alternative is, opposing gets in power and just railroads things. or they rush things through and lose it on appeal because of sloppy work. wheels of justice turn slowly for a reason.