Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
HERE'S TO ANOTHER 1200 TERRORISTS ARRESTED BY NEXT YEAR (the rest of them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

you don't understand how rich people work if you think Donald Trump, Don Jr, Eric, or Ivanka are ever going to be "impoverished"

i think that's true for donny t. not sure about his kids.

like, donny t inexplicably has enough social capital that he can endlessly grift money from gullible fuckwits, but after he dies and the fines for his MANY crimes bankrupt every company he's ever touched and no inheritance is left, what are the kids gonna do, exactly?

none of the trumpenstaffel likes any of them. at least ivanka is loving kushner, I think he's got his own money, but don jr and eric have never been successful at anything in their lives and i doubt any heiresses are lining up for either of them.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Snuffman posted:

I'll be honest, I bought it on Kindle when there was media buzz about it and it wasn't great.

Very surface level "Trump is a dictator now", there's drones everywhere and statues of Trump and life is "bad".

It was short too, probably because it was meant to be part of a series but none of the other issues ever materialized.

my guess is it's because the comics aren't great

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

That’s also not even remotely how the procedure works. Refusing to certify the election doesn’t magically give the decision on next president to the House. That leap of logic is big enough to trap a tank.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Bone Crimes posted:

what is the process if this happens tho?

I do see that they passed some clarifying updates https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/congress-approves-new-election-certification-rules-in-response-to-jan-6

Some of the stuff now has a requirement of 1/5th of the house/senate. But it's unclear what happens if a majority objects (like say all republicans). Does it not go to a vote with 1 vote per state?

in general, the election would be kicked back to the states to resolve whatever issues Congress had with it, with a temporary executive sorted out in the meantime; possibly just the previous president in an even more lame-duck scenario than he was already in.

the house decision happens if there is a certified election wherein nobody wins a majority/nobody gets to 270. simply refusing to certify the election and going thanos "i'll just do it myself" is textbook subversion of the will of the people.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Grey Cat posted:

Can someone just convince Trump to eat way more fast food already? It's the only sure-fire way to get his heart to pop.

Teach him about the buttery jack or some poo poo.

legit, he's said one of the primary reasons why he pigs out on mcdonald's is that he's a germophobe.

for all their faults mcdonald's does have an impeccable health record

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

kazil posted:

it's because everything is overcooked so much that bacteria can't possibly survive

and what isn't overcooked is so barely identifiable as food that bacteria isn't interested in it in the first place

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Well, yeah, that's exactly how autocrats work. Kick up a bunch of poo poo, muddy everything, lie all the way, break the system then say "Oh look it's broken. Well I guess I'll just do it myself. I humbly accept being given these powers in this time of crisis (that I manufactured)."

trump was never in a position to make rules for congress

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mystes posted:

I don't think anything special is being "done to it" actually

yeah oil coverings help preservation a lot, most organisms don't quite know what to do with it and fast food places fry everything.

it's the same reason why you can leave peanut butter out for longer than peanuts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nessus posted:

The problem I think with a lot of doom scenarios is that most of the people in charge of the military are not interested in seeing procedural tricks happen to hand Trump the election if he loses by like twelve million votes and 69 EVs to Biden. And despite the stern, certain knowledge that Tuberville would definitely succeed in leaving a power vacuum open for "TRUMP" to fill, he didn't and the officers are now presumably all or mostly normals, appointed by Biden.

Is Mark Milley still in the military hierarchy somewhere or did he get farmed out to Book Writing Town?

yeah the joint chiefs hated his rear end when he was president and i can't see any reason to think they like him any more now that his cronies spent an entire year making their lives harder and military life shittier for exactly no reason whatsoever.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Data Graham posted:

Is it just me or does $370 million not even sound like very much? Maybe it's because of Alex Jones and Fox News getting slapped with billion-dollar judgments and not even blinking.

He's calling it a "fine" and a "charge" lmao. Like whoopsy poopsy, sorry officer I'll drive my company a little slower in school zones from now on

considering the all-caps meltdowns he keeps returning to every few days on the topic i think it's probably plenty to destroy him financially. he has been bellowing that he's a billionaire forever but those burnouts look like a braggart's bluff being called.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Abe was a very divisive political figure in Japan. Above and beyond his association with the Moonies, he had done awesome things like try to glorify Japanese war crimes in world war 2 (because his father committed a lot of them).

His policies also sucked, he was more anti-immigrant than most modern republicans or Tony "Boatstopper" Abbott was in Australia. There was the entire meme of Abe threatening Japanese millennials with a gun and telling them to go have children because that was the only way Japan was ever going to get a functional workforce, all while other policies made it impossible for those millennials to get jobs, have life satisfaction, and be able to figure out how to have a kid in the hosed-up world Abe and his ilk had created.

There was a nontrivial amount of LOL on Japanese websites the very day Abe got blown away, so when the killer started telling his story, there were people who were already inclined to listen rather than just reflexively burn him at the stake.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

This implies that the infrastructure spending is preserved? Does anyone have any more info on that?

That was like the hugest thing that happened in Biden's presidency, we finally loving started building some god damned roads and bridges.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Grammarchist posted:

Yeah, and it keeps the Inflation Reduction Act in place as well it looks like. That's a pretty big deal because it's doling out a lot more money than Manchin intended, and it's spurring ton of private investment in grid modernization, efficiency, renewables, nuclear power, and related manufacturing. The American Rescue Plan funds are already mostly committed or spent, so the only way the GOP can claw that back is to literally dig up all the fiber networks and sewer systems that went into the ground over the last couple years.

they'll do it they're crazy

DaveWoo posted:

Looks like that could be a real possibility:

:yeeclaw:
goooooooooooooooooo gently caress yourselves terrorists lmfao

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Batterypowered7 posted:

How about someone with no dick or balls?

the ideal is balls but no dick

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

They had a memorial food cart set up for him just off to the side.

lmfao

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

found one of the counter-protestors from today

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mantle posted:

A few pages back, but is there a summary of the lols? I don't remember the lols coming out of Japan, only the Western media response.

the summary is "2chan"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

Another quick, irrelevant, and pointless slice of Australian History:

We had a national test cricket team decades before we had a national parliament.

Because priorities.
the cricket team's done more good for your country

especially over the last 20 years or so

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Holy poo poo

What can you actually charge Trump with? He continuously does this "not touching you" poo poo while his insane minions do the work.

A lot

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Grey Cat posted:

:lol:
Nobody has ever lied before in the history of court cases.
or
This one person didn't see anything therefore it never happened.

it's the latter

i read a decent bit of johanna's depositions and most of the other stuff i read was pretty reasonable and descriptive. but she's literally only one of the many, MANY people epstein victimized. the explanation could be as simple as she wasn't eastern european enough for donny's taste.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

It's still weird as hell to me that the guy's chosen name is "Blow" and his chosen facial hair style appears to include a convenient blowjob insertion patch cut out between his lower lip and his chin...

Also the fact that he appears physically unable to close his mouth.

I'm gonna be honest when people started talking about this guy i thought johnathan blow had finally lost it completely

i admit to being a little sad it turned out to be some wannabe rapper

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the "we have to stop it" message is the sorta thing that was in my head when i laughed at the idea that chuds literally cannot understand most politicians and that's why they like the moron in the room, they can understand him

there's a difference between "cannot understand" and "refuse to understand". my adopted niece was developmentally delayed from birth because her bio mother was awful. she's 6 now. she understands "we have to stop this" just fine. i get that a lot of chuds have pickled their brains on alcohol and meth but, well, so has my niece, thanks to her biological mom pickling her on both of those things in the womb. these rolling disasters have no excuse.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wonder what the corporate death penalty is. Does it mean you have to pay taxes, make sure all of your employees have a livable wage and insurance, most of your work is done in the US?

in this context it means trump corp is going to lose its license to operate and be forced into receivership to sort out all the fraud.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

well, we ALMOST got to page 40 before the first dumbfuck doomer flood

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

actually yes, because if there was one lesson we learned from 2016 and the first bout of TRUMP, it's that running a normal campaign actually matters a lot to results in an election

TRUMP not being able to mount one because local operations are too busy murdering each other is a pretty massive LOL

there's also, you know, his many, MANY crimes and mandatory court appearances that will stop him from doing so, which is an entire class of LOL

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

TremorX posted:

Serious question: What is the supposed "proof" that there were feds in the J6 crowd? I always see the accusations and the total acceptance of it on the right as fact, but, like Antifa, I never see any actual evidence to back it up.

there isn't any op

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

Some of the largest tax cuts for billionaires ever?

And the removal of RvW?

how'd all that turn out politically for the people that ostensibly supported those things

don't bother going to google to try to spin whatever dumbass doomer narrative you're trying to push for whatever ridiculous reason: badly

gently caress, look at just 3 months ago, the offest-year of off year elections that have been dominated by blood-red boomers for actual decades. nothing went right for reds that night.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I saw some clips of trump from back in 2017 a few minutes ago

Holy poo poo does he look old and tired and beaten down now

it's REAL loving stark, especially when he is blabbering about having "stamina" or whatever on the campaign trail

for all his faults and idiocy he could stand up there and have an uninterrupted stream of consciousness for like 45 loving minutes and barely take a breath. nowadays he looks like he is gasping after 5 minutes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

But what if we elect (after 50 votes) an even bigger loser and extremist to the role?

they'll still have the weakest hand possible against the democrats and functionally will be unable to govern because they do not in fact have a majority in congress. it doesn't matter how big of a chud they are, they will not be able to govern.

the Ds are, more or less, united. the Rs are shanking each other on the house floor.

johnson was MAGA's preferred boy. but as it turns out he was completely unable to do ANYTHING and hes forced to either let things collapse on his watch or cave to the democrats. even if the new guy let things collapse on his watch, that's basically 90 days until open revolt amongst the population, and there's definitely more than 2 Rs that know that. that's all it would take for the democrats to take majority and pass something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Escape From Noise posted:

Which do you think smells worse?

i needed this laugh

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it's astounding how eagerly these complete doucheguzzlers smear 'WOKE' on their ads to just conveniently let you know that none of their other claims are genuine or credible and they are safe to dismiss as terrible human beings

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

kazil posted:

Yeah, Mike Johnson is dead man Speaking

it's a good day in america

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

Okay guys that's enough Laura Loomer for one day. Yeah she sucks and has nothing to say, we can stop hate-posting her stupid poo poo for a while please

ty yeah a little bit of that squirrel-brained moron goes a long way

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dementropy posted:

Jesse Watters: Let me tell you why this is Biden's fault.

"why aren't democrats helping" was legit a question a lot of dumbfuck Rs were spouting into microphones during the last republican crisis and it's absolutely gonna come up again going forward

i can't wait lol

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

at what point can they hold MTG in contempt because seriously

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Burns posted:

The entire plan is to paralyze the government. They are doing a good job in that regard.

you'll need to provide some proof that this is a real plan

if it is then it's a self-defeating one. which would be its own massive lol.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

redshirt posted:

Don't "both sides" this, that's not true. Or go ahead and list all the crimes Obama did.

yeah we had 44 presidents where the immunity powers they had worked perfectly fine and had no issues. it's one of the longest-standing bits of executive conduct in the nation's history. it's only "TRUMP" it apparently doesn't work for. i'm therefore inclined to think the problem is "TRUMP".

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

When Trump dies hopefully this fever breaks and there's some kind of mass reconciliation but who the gently caress knows at this point

I've said it before but anyone who votes for Donald Trump in 2024 should have their right to vote taken away permanently. It's like voting to kill America.

there's nobody who can rally the chud base the way donny t has. it took him most of his life to get the mythos to manage it. we basically saw Vivec try the strong daddy bit this time around and he fell flat on his face with it. sure, the fact that he's not white didn't help, but self-effacing PoCs have worked their way into alt-right circles before. the utter REJECTION of Vivec by EVERY chud told a deeper story, imo. they need to believe you're actually invulnerable. that is a long-tailed scam.

the only other person who has been trying to do that in the last 10 years is Musk. Musk has legit been working on his invulnerable genius mythos since the late 90s, and he has a story that could easily resonate with the chuds in that he's been "screwed over" by a bunch of non cishet minorities but he's still standing! he's still here! oorah!

unlike donny t, however, musk has had a lot of much more public failures that crack the mythos. and, even if he does shake off all those failures and become the next messiah of chud-dom... he's not a natural born citizen of the USA, so he can never run for president. at absolute best he could become governor of, like, Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

Always nice to see someone saying their "ultimate retribution" is some vaguely defined personal term like "success".

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6344654268112

one of my ex girlfriends liked to say that "the best revenge is living well" and i always thought that was the most ridiculously self-absorbed way of looking at a disagreement so it makes sense that a more melodramatic and dumb way of saying it would come out of "TRUMP"'s mouth