Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Catastrophe posted:

So I've just gotta ask a fairly simple question, here. Why is someone doing US presidential campaign events talking about how it felt when you got hit in the leg with a bullet in the civil war? Like what is this? Why is this........... WHY?

every brainrotted old in the south has a cherished family story about one or more of their dead racist relatives copping a bullet in the leg then limping home to live honorably and in peace. it’s a big part of the lost cause narrative. for a certain (terrible) kind of person that poo poo is like catnip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Data Graham posted:

Only way a George Santos movie happens is if he is played by George Santos

catch me if you can’t

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

is that a buc-ee’s mask?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

are beaver nuggets nazi chow? :smith:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Waffle House posted:

No more than the OK sign is racist

:unsmith:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

abigserve posted:

Are you Australian because you better be throwing this shade from a place of knowledge m8

Ned Kelly is a hero because he's a fuckin outlaw, he's not and has never been "the Robin hood of Australia", he's just a guy that said gently caress the police. He's the Killdozer of Australia.

The modern version is fuckin chopper reed

never have i understood australians more than i do now

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what’s with all the flip-flop hate? ya’ll trying out for the proud boys?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

LordSloth posted:

Huh, that jacket just disappears into the backdrop, making her shoulders disappear like some sort of optical illusion. It gives me the impression of her neck being about twice as long as it is.

Something seemed a little off from previous appearances, but it was just a trick of my eyes.

oh poo poo it’s lizard people

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is Gene Splicer still around? Isn't he like 1,000?

post something dumb so we can find out in a few weeks

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if it worked for the italians it could work for anybody

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

your mil has great instincts. that guy saved obamacare

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Strong Sauce posted:

youtube just recommended me some channel called clown planet. apparently it's a video about stupid headlines or something. i clicked on it and was watching maybe all of 20 seconds when they show a babylon bee headline about the first blind pilot to fly or something. of course the comments are all, "lol watch this will happen in a year." or "this is what the left wants"

isn’t clown world a nazi thing?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

resident posted:

Is Ron Desantis’ security detail that bad that a random chucklefuck can walk right up to him with uninspected paraphernalia?

security all praying this is the day their suffering finally ends

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

trying to imagine that one person out there who’s gonna champ it through a blizzard to vote for nikki haley

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Carth Dookie posted:

What in the gently caress is raw honey?

How do you process this? It's bee spit. It doesn't go off. They've found honey in jars thousands of years old that was still edible.

:confused:

most places use something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1dpu2bH2dU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

emSparkly posted:

Nowadays I don't think so. I see them out and about in the regular towns and even going to McDonald's n poo poo. I can't imagine they bother registering to vote though. Most I've seen don't even have photo ID and present their fishing license when they get something you need ID for lol.

they’re more or less a bunch of introverted chuds, but most of them don’t bother with voting. why get all up in the biz of something you don’t interact with much? i’m sure they’re considered a juicy target for activation

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

get outta here with that dave chapelle stuff. take it to a wizardmaster thread

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what’s with the “perverted” claim? pretty sure that power of positive thinking stuff was already garbage

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

mrs trashmammal has pbs news running in the background for some reason. they’re doing a thing on dudes not having friends and the guy they’re interviewing has this up on his wall

no poo poo you have a hard time making friends, buddy. mystery solved

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

TremorX posted:

GOD I hate those flags. To remove the color is to remove the meaning. This is more like a Mirror Universe version of an American flag, all it's missing is a goatee

went and looked up the episode because it’s hard to believe that was real

:lmao:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

:lmao: if trump goes down like capone. getting popped for loving around with taxes then spending his last few years wandering around in florida all out of his gourd from the degradations of neurosyphilis

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Deptfordx posted:

Fun syphilis talk fact.

The Virus is unusually sensitive to heat. So a severe fever can kill it.

Enter the early 20th century treatment of 'Fever Therapy'.

In which a neurosyphilitic patient was deliberately infected with Malaria in the hopes that the fever would fry the syphilis then the Malaria could be brought back under control with quinine.

25% success rate! Which TBF is way better than the previous rate of 0%. Guy who came up with it was Dr Julius Wagner-Jauregg. Got the Nobel prize for medicine.

isn’t syphilis a bacteria? like a spirochete or something like that?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the founding fathers clearly intended for this country to be the property of an unaccountable king. it’s in the constitution

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

chainchompz posted:

Does he not know about the coast guard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

except more racist

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

drat, what do you think his fursona is?

a florida manatee with a florida panther complex

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Toxic Mental posted:

You guys better honor these because no way in hell anyone is remembering those Toxx clauses 10 months later other than you

you ain’t gotta remember poo poo. just make a few new forum enemies real fast

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Three Olives posted:

But also, not confirming that he had.

Just absolutely amazing that these weird fucks remain part of politics.

I've honestly seriously considering going back to school for a postgrad on why we just tolerate as a society the idea that gay relationships bring intolerable questions to children about anal sex. Yeah, me and my husband regularly have sex because we are adults who have hormones and, yes, I frequently suck my husband's dick, people like having their dicks sucked. However, I have the internet and nobody is asking you if your child knows that their mother loves being chocked while you gently caress them doggy-style and pull their hair, we all know where children come from you loving moron, you have an actual child, I'm not waving some cumrag around screaming "Here is actual proof that my husband came on my face this weekend!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:patriot:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

saw on the news, pbs news which mrs mammal is fond of for reasons i will never understand, some lady who’s been active in the new hampshire democratic primary for what appeared to be decades. her walls laden with pictures of the classics. both clintons, gore, kerry, obama, even biden from back in the day. even spent awhile talking up how much of a bernie booster she used to be

this woman lives for the new hampshire democratic primary. or at least she did, until those goddamn demoncrats stopped respecting it. now she’s all in on haley

mindblowing stuff

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Locator posted:

What exactly do these nimrods think the Demoncrat motivation is to 'unleash hordes of gangs' on the country, randomly slaughtering and stuff. Given that the Dems general agenda when they bother with it is to try to make life at least a bit better for everyone, how do they think this great plan to wreck the country would be inline with that agenda?

all they do all day is fantasize about how they’re going to gently caress with and/or murder the other team. naturally, they assume that’s all the other team does as well

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

Is there anything keeping biden or whoever from just saying "no" and giving texas guard different orders on a federal level.

:decorum:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

beef sweat posted:

Serious question, does trump even recognize that his lawyers aren’t capable? Does he care? I know the (probably true) assumption is that he is telling his lawyers what to pursue in court but at what point does he cut his losses and let a real lawyer manage things?

that would require admitting he was wrong

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

NoiseAnnoys posted:

my goon, we are the beer drinkingest nation in the world per capita. český národ něco o pivě umí, if i may be so bold.

yeah, germany is like #5 or something

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

alaska, very worried about the border. hoards of illegals spilling across the border, and then another border, and then another border to take all of their extremely desirable alaskan jobs

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Stryder posted:

:lol: at old white southerner refusing to take the free pass from a woman of color.

"She said you're not racis-"

"Oh no, I TOTALLY am!"

did you read the article? he’s saying black people are the real racists

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

high five to all my reading comprehension buddies :hfive:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

StoryTime posted:

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1750629153160798328

This is from a while back but what the actual gently caress? Isn't the literal rape victim in the room, and people are just laughing it up about what happened? What is wrong with these people?

rape culture is real

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Lazyfire posted:

I've heard a lot of theories on why THE MARINES is a whole thing (not the sub-branch of the military, the culture around it). The one I buy into is that pretty much from the Spanish-American War to the invasion of Iraq the Marines were the first ones in, so they got the most stories about them which translated into books and movies being made about the Marines heroically facing enemy fire because holding a position long term is the Army's job and that poo poo is boring even if they get shot at more. So pop culture tells you that the REAL soldiers are the Marines and they are the elites and can't fail. Tom Lehrer had a song about them being the way the US projects force in the world and that view hasn't really changed in the last 60 years. "He was a Marine" or some variation of (usually "He IS a Marine, soldier!") is shorthand for a character being a badass. There are several movie series where the entire concept is a Marine does poo poo no one else could against the odds. Sniper, Shooter and the very on the nose The Marine all feature main characters who are just amazing because the Marines made them that way.

The idea is that the Marines are a special thing and so people who were in the Marines obsess about how cool it is that they were a Marine. I have a number of friends who were in the Army and Air Force and they're nowhere near as obsessed about having been in those branches. Not saying all Marines are like that, but I don't see stickers on the back windows of pickup trucks letting me know the owner was a Ranger or whatever.

yeah, that’s how you get morons to sign up to be the navy’s meat shields

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Asterite34 posted:

Wasn't this a thing the Roman Empire had? Like the Emperor would come home from a foreign campaign and have their big Triumph parade through the city, captured slaves in golden chains displayed like safari trophies, citizens throwing flowers at him, laurel wreathe on his brow, and with all of that there would be a guy whose sole job was to stand behind him and whisper in their ear, "despite all this, you are still but a mortal man."

sounds like a rumor that monsters would spread to make themselves appear more human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

amazing how conservatives’ greatest nightmare is people thinking america must be a nice place to live in