Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
It was three years ago this day that Ashli Babbit became the throat goat, a man tazed he own balls, and everyone forgot about the woman who got trampled to death while wearing the Gadsden flag. Now we have the probable candidate of a major political party bragging he can put on his pants.

Welcome back to the 2024 Trump thread!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1743471630326911017

https://i.imgur.com/FB9Kn5t.mp4

https://twitter.com/averycutedog/status/1347639707576881152
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1743463970621862227

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1752529435138605289

:siren: RULES :siren:

• Violence: any discussion of violence insofar as we must take action and use violence to achieve our ends is forbidden. Discussion of violence as it has happened in the news is fine, as long as it doesn't turn into "let's turn the tables on them and use the same tactics" or something similar. Anything that remotely seems like advocating for violence against any political figures is a straight ban, no question and no discussion. Don't test us beyond the first ban for it.

• "In Minecraft" or whatever iteration: any variation of this added to the above will be taken as advocation of violence. You're not being cute or sly and we're not stupid.

• No doomerism. This is doomerism: "lol nothing matters why do are we even bothering with this Trump is going to install himself as a dictator for life anyway." This is not doomerism: "I'm kind of worried about what the Supreme Court is going to rule because Thomas is corrupt and Alito is stupid as poo poo and I don't really feel they're going to do the right thing". There's a fine line between opinion and nihilism. Stick to opinions.

• SCOTUS/Clancychat: I've noticed a lot of posts going "oh it doesn't matter because in a 6-3 decision" or "why bother? Elections are over after 2024." Elections were supposed to be over after 2020 and 2016 and yet we keep chugging along like a shambling corpse. The fact is we have no idea what's going to happen in 2 years time. A day is a lifetime in politics, a week an eternity. poo poo gets real weird as you march towards elections. No one knows what's gonna happen, so let's cut that out please.

• I/P/Ukraine Conflict/war chat: Unless it's directly related to something TRUMP said, take any discussion about Israel/Palestine to one of the dedicated threads in D&D or C-SPAM, or the GBS Ukraine thread.

• Elon Musk: Unless you're posting something about Elon specifically discussing Trump, go to the Elon thread please.

Now let's go forth and remember: if the world is going to burn, we may as well laugh our way into ashes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 31, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lmfao this rules

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

e: nope, I see this thread's owner is just as bad

Sir this is a Wendy's

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

This is why you don't go on national television without being adequately prepped. The questions are obvious and you can rehearse canned answers to them

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

tek79 posted:

A majority of Independents saying Trump responsible for J6, somehow about 1/4 of Republicans living in reality saying Trump responsible in J6, and Haley closing the gap in the primary...

seems like kinda bad news for Trump overall, but I dunno?

The monkey's paw of inevitability and large leads is that if you don't win by a huge amount you lose. If Trump doesn't win Iowa or New Hampshire by at least 20 points each (or even loses one), the narrative is going to be that he doesn't have as strong a grip on the party as everyone thought and that's going to lead to a free for all

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Heh heh 69

GOD DAMMIT

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kazil posted:

speaking of wienies, what's the new thread position on postin' hot dogs?

I mean don't go hogwild but once and a while is fine

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Why’s there so many posts did Trump poo poo himself to death

This thread is four days old and has 71 pages

Imagine how many pages it'll reach once Trump finally dies

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Somethingawful.com's server will melt down and burrow its way to the center of the Earth, lol'ing the entire time

I was around for the 2008 debates when there was a livethread of it and the servers poo poo the bed so much they kept making one dude post "BUSH'S BRAIN!!!!!!!" for four pages until someone finally probed him to get it to stop

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Raku posted:

literally only trump can be speaker

Trump becomes speaker
He impeaches Biden and Harris
Trump becomes president

:chaostrump:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I love my dying gay country

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Apparently his lawyers objected because he said Trump could do it but only if he talked about things relevant to this trial

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

:sickos:

Grinning like an idiot irl ahahahahhahahahaha

Nancy Pelosi had a margin of 4 and never lost a rules vote and now two R speakers have lost multiple ones

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I hate clickbait articles like this

He didn't sign up for the primary because he's participating in the caucus

quote:

As hilarious as it would have been if this was the product of a paperwork snafu committed by an incompetently run campaign, Trump’s absence from Nevada’s primary ballot was wholly intentional. They merely followed the directions provided to them by a truly incompetently run organization — the Nevada GOP, which decided the same primary election process that’s been used to select every other non-presidential Republican candidate, including our current governor, in the state for decades is still not good enough for presidential candidates in 2024. In case anyone didn’t get the memo, the state party warned presidential campaigns that if it saw their candidates’ names on the primary ballot, those candidates would be ineligible to participate in and receive delegates from the caucus.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ok I'ma need y'all to actually read the articles before posting them because this clickbait stuff ain't working and we end up having 20 people quote the original tweet while like 2 attempt to explain how it's wrong and it becomes a jumbled mess

Don't be purveyors of disinformation!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ringo Star Get posted:

Does Trump really need to register any paperwork to earn the GOP nomination? It’s probably why he doesn’t go to any primary debates because why would he have any worry about losing the nomination? If anything, everyone else is just aiming to be his VP.

Yes because if he doesn't run bylaws state he doesn't get delegates because he's not running unopposed

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Technically no president has been a wartime president since WWII since Congress hasn't declared war since then

Mainly because they just call it a military action or whatever and Congress ceded all its war powers to the executive which, lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lmao this blows up any trust Schumer may have had with Johnson

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kazil posted:

Funny you should mention that...

Hahahahahahah yes. YES!!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

These Photoshops are great! Let's move them to their own thread if you think there's Photoshop potential for them

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Interesting that he spells Defense the British way

You'd think autocorrect would catch that

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kazil posted:

It's a lot more serious than that. Dude disappeared for a few days and no one, not even his #2 or the president, knew where he was.

Yeah it's not that he disappeared for a few days, it's that no one in the chain of command knew about it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lmao now we wait to see what the HFC does

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ok ok after this page is done let's move on from the Johnson jokes

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

We're gonna see just how tough Trump voters are lmao

God if Haley pulls close to him it's gonna rule so hard

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Escape From Noise posted:

Is it weird that I think someone else tried to write this in Trump's voice?

They absolutely did. This doesn't sound like him at all and the "defence" is suspicious

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Clay Higgins really, really wants to shoot Black people (again). That's all this really is

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

priznat posted:

Tim Horton, the guy that started the chain that would come to dominate lovely coffee and donut shops in Canada, was killed while driving drunk. It's kind of our thing.

quote:

Not wearing a seatbelt, Horton was found 123 ft (37 m) from the car.

:stare:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

GeneSplicer once probed/banned a poster because they were talking about "cp". But "cp" in this instance was "Combat Power", because people were talking about Pokemon Go, and he was too old to know what the gently caress that was.

That's our Gene! :krust:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kazil posted:

:rip: Diamond (or was it Silk?)

I think it was diamond and he spent most of his speaking time complaining about the 2020 election

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

He also literally complained that the funeral was too long. Like he complained about the funeral at the funeral and in front of everyone.

Ok so I didn't misremember that lmao what a world!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Escape From Noise posted:

My Sammy the Bull endorsement is getting a lot of questions has a lot of people asking questions already answered by his endorsement.

lol at promoting an endorsement from a known mafia snitch

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kazil posted:

lol watch this video of Desantis being publicly humiliated
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1746254434970066971

Honestly this is such a fitting way to end his time in Iowa lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

PuttyKnife posted:

So dumb. I mean the sun could take out all electronics on earth but the deaths wouldn’t happen until about 3 or 4 days later.

Guess it’s sexier to just say the sun could fry us. Only, that’s never happened. Arrington Event did.

A Carrington Event today would crash society within hours, a day at most

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

Whatever happens, Ron DeSantis will be humiliated

And I'm glad for it

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I remember watching this live and dying laughing because it was so incredibly over the top that I couldn't take it seriously

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Can't wait for Ron to bend the knee to the man who's basically humiliated him for months on end

It's gonna be like Ted Cruz but even better

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm watching ABC and they're interviewing three minority Republicans in Iowa and they're saying that very little effort is being made to reach out to them and I'm just like :psyduck:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Holy poo poo

Enthusiasm poll:

Trump 88
DeSantis 62
Haley 39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

ABC News already projected "TRUMP" to win Iowa