Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kazil posted:

How likely is it to pass, though? GOP are introducing crazy batshit bills all the time

The state legislature is gerrymandered into a permanent crazy supermajority sooooo…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kazil posted:

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/FL.html

Still probably going to hurt Dems more than GOP

That's 2020 when Trump was specifically making GBS threads on VBM.

2018 general was even split VBM. The primary had more republican VBM.

2016 and 2014 generals and primaries had more republican VBM.

2022 had a slight edge for democratic VBM in the general, but not much. 2020 is an outlier specifically because of covid and Trump attacking VBM openly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

live broadcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEQ1aToavl8

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The judges today grilled both parties on what would be the absolute best outcome - they rule that there's no jurisdiction because this is an interlocutory appeal with no exception. Neither party has argued this. The argument came from amici who said "this is an improperly timed appeal he has to wait until judgment is final first."

Now, I don't think they'll rule on that, but a dismissal of the appeal as improvident that does not get picked up by the SCOTUS would be the funniest outcome. This would mean immediately back to trial court and no more appeals at all until after final judgment.

I doubt this happens, but it is the best outcome.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Corn Glizzy posted:

Starship Troopers speech but with Hunter's Hogs instead of Rico's Roughnecks

*reaches out and places a hand on the nussy*

it's scared.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stoatbringer posted:

So is the actual end of the trial, or will the Judge then take a few weeks to render his final decision?

He'll issue a written judgment after going over the written closing briefs and argument today in detail. He's not going to rule from the bench. Probably have a final verdict next week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Steadiman posted:

is the court thing still going on? How long could it possibly take to totally and completely exonerate the most innocent man in history? Hurry up judge

Yes. Defense is presenting right now. The only availing argument they've made is that the SoL cuts off everything before 2014 and a large amount of the damages relies on contracts signed before 2014. He's wrong, but it's the only legally sound argument.

Everything else has been speaking directly to the only person in the courtroom kise cares about - the guy who directs his campaign to pay his bills.

The AG's office will present the closing that matters after lunch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MrQwerty posted:

imagine them letting "TRUMP" pull some poo poo like this in court and it not being televised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOONIlhXFh4
legend has it that this is very much based on trump

sure seems like it was based on him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kazil posted:

Habba dabba doo!

Trump isn't paying any of his lawyers. His campain/PAC are.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hollismason posted:

His trials are giant black holes for money.

Just low guestimate he's probably spent like 100 million dollars so far on lawyers and legal stuff .

His campaign has spent that money. Trump has paid them $0 out of pocket.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kazil posted:

he admit it

10 wars? Iraq I and II and Afghanistan for the Bushes. I can’t recall Clinton or Obama starting any wars specifically but they did bomb the gently caress out of the middle east based upon poo poo the others already started.

I mean if you get really loose with the definition of “war” you might get some more, but those are really the big three of my lifetime.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Totbot posted:

Lol, who is the “Trump was the most peaceful prez ever” even for? Literally no normal person will ever buy it, and the cultists openly want a violent dictator.

It’s for his fans to argue with people about.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

weg posted:

The only thing funnier than watching Ron fail and have to suck up to Trump to stay relevant would be him failing and doubling down into a tantrum then losing reelection to a Democrat.

He can't run for governor again in 2026. He's term limited by the constitution which can't just be changed by the toady legislature. This is his last shot at political relevancy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kazil posted:

lol CNN tracker just called it for Trump

AP called it for him. He's getting north of 70% :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump under 60%!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If trump drops below 50 do you think vivek and ron drop out and endorse haley as the trump alternative?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

redshirt posted:

How the heck did DeSantis get elected Governor of Florida? I know Florida is Chud Central, but he seems to not have an instinctual political bone in his body. Did he face no competition in Florida? Was his opponent (Republican) that bad?

Beating the Dems, sure, but how did he get nominated?

Because he won the republican primary, FL’s governor elections are not lined up with presidential elections, FL is racist as gently caress and his first election was against a black man, and his second election was against a republican with a D next to his name.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Most people when told to shut up and sit down by a federal judge do so and are more cautious with their future approach. Habba continues undeterred.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Three Olives posted:

At some point Trump was like, I have basically unlimited money and I choose this dipshit to be my legal avatar. Just imagine being so awful that you have millions and millions of dollars in your bank account and Skadden Arps is just like, hard pass.

Trump hired Habba because he likes looking at her, and she parrots what he says.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1747997056629649883

I wish I could get paid this much to suck so hard at my job :(

Note who is paying trump's legal bills and you'll also see who paid the bond for the carroll appeal. political donations have paid 100% of trump's lawyers since the escalator.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump is basically just arguing that the trial judge was right except that he didn't participate in insurrection.

There is good reason that the president is not included in the catchall phrase used in the 14th along with constitutional support for the same. Likewise, the presidential oath is specifically distinct from oaths that use the word support. The constitution specifies that all oaths except the president's will use the word "support" while the president's does not.

Trump's arguments that he gets absolute immunity for everything is dumb as poo poo, but his arguments about the 14th are sound enough that the trial judge (not a chudge) agreed with him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hollismason posted:

Yea my understanding that the argument he is not a officer of the United States has legs from what has been posted here.

Honestly I think the SCOTUS punts on jurisdiction and says it's a nonjusticiable political question to boot. Something like the drafters of the 14th expected the voters of the nation as a whole to decide the president so it's different than roles based on one state's votes only.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How many tens of millions to hundreds of millions were wasted on jeb and desantis?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Drunk Nerds posted:

Millions of Kelces streaming across the goal line. Kelce Caravans, they call them.

Gotta be careful when Kelces get loose:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1749231771407843660

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the praise of gutfield in that article was enough to make me just close the tab.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Outpost22 posted:

What if it was a girl soldier?

Then a woman observes instead of a man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Obamacare IS what Republicans had for healthcare plan. It's what Romney took credit for in Massachusetts, with marginally more consumer protection.

Except for a public option... Which was removed from the bill before it passed anyway.

Thanks, Joe Lieberman!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hollismason posted:

When is the tria resuming and when they come back will Trump be testifying

lawyers back in a few minutes. Trump will testify this afternoon likely first with no jury in the room.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jokes posted:

energy crisis solved, just harness the rage and hate of your favorite president

evergreen: https://www.theonion.com/after-obama-victory-shrieking-white-hot-sphere-of-pure-1819595330

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FIVE MINUTE WARNING

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

post itt every time you lol that trump has to pay $83.3m to E Jean Carroll

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the trump campaign doesn't have that kind of money!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm forseeing a ranting trump post about a political witch hunt orchestrated by joe biden capped off with "WE WILL APPEAL"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I said come in! posted:

Now that is over, when is his next trial and what is it for?

We're awaiting the DC circuit's opinion in the United States v. Trump appeal, and the eventual SCOTUS decision on that case before proceeding to the first criminal trial.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TulliusCicero posted:

Has she won a single case for him yet? Or even pulled something of note off?

Lmao

She got someone suing his property and one of his managers to sign the worst settlement agreement/NDA ever for sexual assault/harassment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wait you mean mr "just grab em by the pussy" is a rapist?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Froghammer posted:

Trump's base like him because he's a rapist

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dementropy posted:

Now why wasn't this expert brought in as a witness?
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1751044280406167692

Rudy is technically correct. NY state rape statute requires penis in vagina. Fingers in vagina is just sexual assault. The reason that the jury found the latter instead of the former was that Carroll didn't look so she wasn't sure if it was his penis or his finger. It's official court record that the only reason that Trump wasn't to have found to have raped Carroll is because his dick is indistinguishable from feel alone from one of his fingers.

In the lay sense, he absolutely raped her.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The followup to Rudy should be "well, if it wasn't rape, please describe what happened" but I don't think anyone really wants to hear him talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hazo posted:

Jack Pozz, stopped clock, etc.

nah. For those comparing this to alex jones, they are very different beasts. This verdict will likely stand up on appeal. Trump, unlike Jones, has actual assets that can be forclosed upon with a finalized judgment. It may take a year or two to finalize these appeals, but she is absolutely going to get paid. The $5m that she already won is sitting in the court's coffers pending appeal and will be released to her when everything is done. Kaplan isn't likely to require a full bond of $83.3m, but Trump is going to have to pony up a considerable chunk of change to appeal this judgment.

Alex Jones entire net worth is tied up in him being Alex Jones on infowars and a few houses. Trump actually has a lot of assets.