Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I don’t have beef with any current cowboys or their fans but this was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want Jerry Jones dead and I want him dead now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shinjobi posted:

I want Jerry Jones dead and I want him dead now

Time will do the job

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I said now

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What about Mike Shinjobi?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kirios posted:

What about Mike Shinjobi?

Let some other moronic franchise hire him

Panthers, you're up!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If it had to happen, dear god at least let it be the dagger in the coffin of Mike McCarthy's career

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Is this the thread to LOL at the Cowboys?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hooting and hollering

Texas has a new best football team

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Intruder posted:

Hooting and hollering

Only one is named after its actual residents

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Time will do the job

I'm reminded of a deep cut from TFF past:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'm okay with Jerrah living forever if it means he's forced to forever watch his team suck.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shinjobi posted:

Let some other moronic franchise hire him

Panthers, you're up!

Trade you Dennis Allen

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

A.o.D. posted:

I'm okay with Jerrah living forever if it means he's forced to forever watch his team suck.

This is some Greek Underworld poo poo and I'm here for it.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Intruder posted:

Hooting and hollering

Little brother energy. Best team in Texas is a very King of poo poo Mountain kind of brag

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess I can't argue against better than the cowboys being a low bar

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lmao Cowboys.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Detroit Lions have won a playoff game sooner than the Dallas Cowboys have.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

The Detroit Lions have won a playoff game sooner than the Dallas Cowboys have.

:yeah:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Any Lions fans in here? Get out! This place is not for you :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So is this right? Miami is the new playoff win drought team?

Miami Dolphins, 23 (2000)
It’s been two decades of mediocrity in South Florida since a Dan Marino-led Dolphins team defeated the Indianapolis Colts 23-17 in overtime in the 2000 postseason.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

So is this right? Miami is the new playoff win drought team?

Miami Dolphins, 23 (2000)
It’s been two decades of mediocrity in South Florida since a Dan Marino-led Dolphins team defeated the Indianapolis Colts 23-17 in overtime in the 2000 postseason.

Partially.

The Dolphins have the longest drought without a playoff win, but it was the year after Marino retired, so Jay Fiedler was the QB.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i can't believe i was in high school when Miami last won a playoff game and i'm almost 40 now

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Feel like the rams are in a pretty good spot for next year but also they really need to figure out a succession plan for Stanford, the likelihood of him making it through another season unscathed like this year is pretty slim. Fun team though and I feel like they’re a shoo in for at least a wildcard spot as long as stafford is upright

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Nervous posted:

Any Lions fans in here? Get out! This place is not for you :colbert:

Listen buddy, You merely adopted the losing; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a playoff win until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding! The losing betrays you because it has belonged to me.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Welcome the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, they're finally where they belong.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh poo poo I can post here now!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Welcome the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, they're finally where they belong.

this post was so hilarious you made it three times, great work!

bucs season was super fun in the end and i love baker and i'm excited for the next one

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Lions fans, respectfully, STFO.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

this post was so hilarious you made it three times, great work!

bucs season was super fun in the end and i love baker and i'm excited for the next one

It felt so good to say the first time I found myself chasing the dragon but only got diminishing returns.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The gently caress do you even say about the Buffalo Bills at this point? It doesn't matter if Mahomes doesn't have weapons: the Bills trip over themselves to hand him a playoff win in loving Buffalo! Nothing loving matters.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Kurgarra Queen posted:

The gently caress do you even say about the Buffalo Bills at this point? It doesn't matter if Mahomes doesn't have weapons: the Bills trip over themselves to hand him a playoff win in loving Buffalo! Nothing loving matters.

Petition conference realignment?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Get a new coach, Belichick is available!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

Oh god the content. The content!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I've got nothing at this point. Lol this team like exists for the hagiography of Patrick Mahomes.
Josh Allen had a pretty awesome season at least.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Black Sunshine posted:

They'll get McDaniels and make people like it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jesus Christ, Bills. The chance to exorcise a bunch of demons was right there and you blew it. I suspect whoever won this game will be blown out by the Ravens next week, but still. It could have been you! I hope nobody burns down Bass’ house

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Nervous posted:

Lions fans, respectfully, STFO.

Lions Fans, you can come in now :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The glass half full approach is, sports can only hurt like that if your team is good, and the future still *seems* bright for this franchise. Knocked two historical monkeys off their back this year, most of the talent is still on rookie deals, the team suddenly looks appealing in free agency, and the holes on the roster are very obvious.

No way to know if this was the only shot at a Super Bowl, but they will be around as a competitive franchise for a significant amount of time I think, which I have never really experienced. Maybe they become the NFC Bills or the football 76ers. Idk. I was around for 0-16 and I think I would be good with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The glass half full approach is, sports can only hurt like that if your team is good, and the future still *seems* bright for this franchise. Knocked two historical monkeys off their back this year, most of the talent is still on rookie deals, the team suddenly looks appealing in free agency, and the holes on the roster are very obvious.

No way to know if this was the only shot at a Super Bowl, but they will be around as a competitive franchise for a significant amount of time I think, which I have never really experienced. Maybe they become the NFC Bills or the football 76ers. Idk. I was around for 0-16 and I think I would be good with it.

there are WAY, WAY worse places to be than the NFC Bills, so this would be a massive lions dub