Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah, this obviously sucks in the moment but the window feels open unless the public turns hard against Campbell (which would be dumb). Figure out the Goff extension, find Ben Johnson's replacement, and go from there. Next season gang.

fartknocker posted:

I'm reminded of a deep cut from TFF past:

Have been waiting weeks to quote this post. Good riddance MV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lol at closing the ravens won the superbowl thread cause they felt bad

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Sorry Lions bros :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

lol at closing the ravens won the superbowl thread cause they felt bad

It's a technically factual statement! They have won the Superbowl just not this year

Unlike the Texans :smith:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Black Sunshine posted:

Sorry Lions bros :(

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Radia posted:

there are WAY, WAY worse places to be than the NFC Bills, so this would be a massive lions dub

Hey, the Bills are the AFC Cowboys, you guys can't be the NFC Bills!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Intruder posted:

It's a technically factual statement! They have won the Superbowl just not this year

Unlike the Texans :smith:

man, i feel bad enough. if the ravens arent making it back i need a drat texans/bills vs lions superbowl

shout out to falcons fans. maybe poo poo will get better.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

what % of airtime will be cutaways to taylor (just in case you forgot she was there)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My biggest takeaway from this season is...

Well it's been a great time shooting the poo poo with everyone during games. I work an odd schedule so I don't get much in person social time and being able to :justpost: through some football is dope. I hope everyone's teams are better than where they found them this year and the clownball flows freely.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

TheKingslayer posted:

I hope everyone's teams are better than where they found them this year and the clownball flows freely.

The titans knocking the loser jags out of the playoffs, billy jeans lightning up the falcons, and beating miami were great

The rest of the season was hot dogshit!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This lions L takes me back to the good old days of rooting for the lions to lose on thanksgiving every year and being rewarded with increasingly embarrassing losses. Good poo poo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ohrwurm posted:

what % of airtime will be cutaways to taylor (just in case you forgot she was there)
Please post about Taylor Swift here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042651&pagenumber=1

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I was just out walking and remembered how they tried to make Tyson Bagent happen there for a second.

lol.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Bagent is a great example of how bad the Raiders defense was before McDaniels was gone

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

TheKingslayer posted:

I was just out walking and remembered how they tried to make Tyson Bagent happen there for a second.

lol.

Don't forget the whole "Justin Fields could learn a lot from Tyson Bagent" narrative that was pretty loving :wtc:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mega64 posted:

Don't forget the whole "Justin Fields could learn a lot from Tyson Bagent" narrative that was pretty loving :wtc:

Wasn't it Collinsworth that was all in on that?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah because they played the Chargers on SNF the week after Vegas and got crushed.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's like Josh McDaniels makes anybody who's completely unprepared look like a strategic mastermind.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Dan Snyder is gone. Gone. Gone.

I will have no grievances for at least the next three years.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LR3PM3q8kg

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, this obviously sucks in the moment but the window feels open unless the public turns hard against Campbell (which would be dumb). Figure out the Goff extension, find Ben Johnson's replacement, and go from there. Next season gang.

Have been waiting weeks to quote this post. Good riddance MV.

Good news on finding Ben Johnson's replacement!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah. People keep conflating Chris Collinsworth being dumb as gently caress with it being a narrative.

Fields and Bagent both suck, but Bagent just sucks more because his arms weaker and he can't run.

Collinsworth was dumb. It's dumber still to think collinsworth has ever had a good opinion or set the talking points for nfl fans.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

BlindSite posted:

Yeah. People keep conflating Chris Collinsworth being dumb as gently caress with it being a narrative.

Fields and Bagent both suck, but Bagent just sucks more because his arms weaker and he can't run.

Collinsworth was dumb. It's dumber still to think collinsworth has ever had a good opinion or set the talking points for nfl fans.

There absolutely was a small but vocal contingent of Bears writers and fans that were part of that narrative though. They were…who you’d expect.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I got the sense that Collinsworth wasn't pulling the sentiment out of his rear end. I don't think you go on TV and outright say "many people think Fields could learn from Bagent!" unless you actually talked to folks close to the Bears organization that believe it.

Could be wrong.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Maybe they should Frankenstein Bagent's brain into Fields body

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
the bagent-fields thing just felt like classic old white football guy racism tbh

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the bagent-fields thing just felt like classic old white football guy racism tbh

It was mainly this, yea

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fsif posted:

I got the sense that Collinsworth wasn't pulling the sentiment out of his rear end. I don't think you go on TV and outright say "many people think Fields could learn from Bagent!" unless you actually talked to folks close to the Bears organization that believe it.

Could be wrong.

Announcers talk to the coaches before every game, they get their narratives straight from the source. I have a hard time believing Collinsworth said that on TV without the Bears staff wanting it out there, or at least letting it slip during a meeting.

Whether they were trying to light a fire under Fields or just saying dumb poo poo, it didn't come from nowhere.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Benne posted:

Announcers talk to the coaches before every game, they get their narratives straight from the source. I have a hard time believing Collinsworth said that on TV without the Bears staff wanting it out there, or at least letting it slip during a meeting.

Whether they were trying to light a fire under Fields or just saying dumb poo poo, it didn't come from nowhere.

Chicago sports media assumed that Luke Getsy fed Collinsworth some of those narratives and...maybe. But if I find almost completely unbelievable that a coach, any coach, actually thinks Tyson Bagent was a better option than Justin Fields. I dunno.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Coaches have the same weird fascination with backup quarterbacks that fans do. It's just dumber with coaches because they can see the backup sucks on a daily basis, but still convince themselves he can be good.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Simplex posted:

Coaches have the same weird fascination with backup quarterbacks that fans do. It's just dumber with coaches because they can see the backup sucks on a daily basis, but still convince themselves he can be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4adxJxqZk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Simplex posted:

You also get guys like Peterman who apparently look like gods on the training paddock and in the film room are great at study but go to water in live fire. So I get the little bit of temptation to touch the flame when you see guys do great in practice every day, talk right, walk right etc.