Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I quite enjoyed your breakdown. Good poo poo.

When it comes to the Panthers I could probably write a novel on what went wrong this year, coaching staff, execution, roster and everything else but realistically the problem is that the team currently has the personality of the owner. Or I should say, the franchise does. They're impatient, they're ineffective and they're directionless. What the gently caress is this team trying to be? How the gently caress are they going to get there? Who the gently caress is going to take them there?

There's plenty of paths forward, there's even plenty of talent on the defensive side at some key positions, there's even some bare bones on the offense that could be built around with some competence in the org. I simply have no confidence in our ownership managing to get us there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Wasn't it Collinsworth that was all in on that?

Yeah. People keep conflating Chris Collinsworth being dumb as gently caress with it being a narrative.

Fields and Bagent both suck, but Bagent just sucks more because his arms weaker and he can't run.

Collinsworth was dumb. It's dumber still to think collinsworth has ever had a good opinion or set the talking points for nfl fans.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Simplex posted:

Coaches have the same weird fascination with backup quarterbacks that fans do. It's just dumber with coaches because they can see the backup sucks on a daily basis, but still convince themselves he can be good.

You also get guys like Peterman who apparently look like gods on the training paddock and in the film room are great at study but go to water in live fire. So I get the little bit of temptation to touch the flame when you see guys do great in practice every day, talk right, walk right etc.