Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I would be very curious about what led Belichick down the path he took the last few years of only hiring ex-players and retread assistants. Certainly if you look back in the early and mid dynasty years he had plenty of examples of bringing in assistant coaches that were outside of his immediate sphere. Was it money? Not wanting to go out of his comfort zone? Ego? Just some very strange decisions that caused him to self-sabotage. Of course even discounting the awful staff he's assembled, the team is just completely bereft of offensive talent. Which again, you have to mostly lay the blame at his feet with a series of awful drafts and bad free agent moves.

I'm grateful for all the incredible success he brought, but boy, does he need to go. I hope he is able to adapt at his next stop, but I'm skeptical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

Dennis Allen is such a placeholder HC........

Is there any NFL observer that thinks the combo of Dennis Allen and Derek Carr is ever going to win anything? Talk about two uninspiring choices.