Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

please post this pic since it's updated

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1744213684543791507#m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It might be State Farm specifically that's ruining Mahomes. They sign a guy, film lots of commercials, and absolutely flood the networks with ad buys. It made me sick of Rodgers 10 years ago and now I'm sick of Mahomes.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I can’t imagine hating Mahomes as much as Brady tbh. Mahomes is at least way more fun to watch.

I like watching him play. That's like 5% of our exposure to him, the rest is him hawking insurance

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Andy Reid will never be hated

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chiefs have always had a lot of dink and dunk, screens, etc. It's great when you have space because the defense is terrified of getting owned downfield. Defenses are not terrified this year.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

There’s nothing particularly advanced about Air Yards, it’s just how much do you throw downfield? How deep are your targets? An extreme in either direction is probably not ideal

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

maybe they're making a play for Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

MJeff posted:

I guess but what's attractive about that situation compared to Atlanta or LAC?

Nashville seems like a great place to live.

And I'd say their QB situation is more promising than Atlanta's

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

HC Vacancy QB power rankings:

1. Chargers - you have a franchise QB
2. Commanders - you have a top 2 pick
3. Titans - Will Levis isn't a surefire starter... but maybe?
4. Panthers - Bryce was bad but some HC might believe they can fix him. You still have Andy on contract
5. Falcons - Ridder isn't the dude
6. Raiders - *crickets*

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Oh I was specifically ranking each team’s QB situation. I’d probably put the Panthers last in terms of overall situation. Especially considering Tepper will probably hire someone based on how loudly they promise they can fix Bryce Young,

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39276348/new-york-giants-wink-martindale-cursed-brian-daboll-firings

quote:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Angered that the team was firing two of his closest lieutenants, New York Giants defensive coordinator Wink Martindale cursed out coach Brian Daboll during a meeting Monday, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The New York Post reported that Martindale "said his piece, got up, slammed the door and walked out of the building" after the Giants fired outside linebackers coach Drew Wilkins and defensive assistant Kevin Wilkins. Both had come over with Martindale from Baltimore, and Drew Wilkins was considered Martindale's right-hand man.

The Post reported Daboll was adamant about getting rid of Drew Wilkins and, by association, Kevin Wilkins, because there "was a feeling in the building that Martindale and Drew Wilkins were creating their own fiefdom within the coaching staff, at times bypassing Daboll and believing they had to answer only to each other and, ultimately, ownership."

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

SS: Kyle Hamilton

:hellyeah:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

I loving hate Watt and like Crosby, but there's no way TJ shouldn't be there

Honestly with all due respect to Garrett, I really think TJ Watt is the best. He is just constantly loving things up for offenses be it sacks, forced fumbles or tipped passes. How did he drop to 30?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

Reposting from the NFC South thread because absolutely everybody needs to watch Amy Trask assassinating Dennis Allen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B9ZumBTlPA

Daaaaamn. this owns, she is truly going in on him

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Black Sunshine posted:

Crosby is the coolest motherfucker around and anyone who disagrees can eat poo poo

lil rear end boy

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

According to ESPN, TJ Watt gets double teamed at half the rate as Parsons and Garrett.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Here's a 'made up stat' that loves TJ Watt - True Sack Rate from Brandon Thorn. Every sack gets a "quality" rating - High Quality is straight up beating a good blocker for the sack. Low Quality is something like a coverage sack or an unblocked sack.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/the-2023-true-sack-rate-tsr-week-544?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

Still has Parsons as the pressure quality leader, though.

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/true-pressure-rate-tpr-week-18-update?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

also Oweh's snaps/pressure 👀

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 11, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

JV rear end division

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather the weather not affect the playoffs.

Regular season, hell yeah but we only have a few more weeks of this poo poo left and I want to see some quality games

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Negative degrees is too goddamned cold to play a sport man

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kyle Hamilton first team All Pro, goddamn.

I don't know if the Ravens would have actually taken Jordan Davis over Hamilton, but thank you Eagles making that decision for them

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Feels like Kelce was on an insane trajectory for the first half and then majorly fell off

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Lamar Jackson first team is a joke. He was the 3rd best QB in his conference this year.

Who? Josh Allen and... Tua?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Look at that form! My guy is ready for 60 snaps.

I suspect he reeeally does not want to miss the Super Bowl

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

2019 is just going to loom very large until they at least make the AFCCG

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

The Eagles are gonna lose, aren't they lol

talk to Eagles fans and you'd think it already happened

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

If I lived there I'd probably go if I could score some truly cheap and good seats. stuff your boots and gloves with hand warmers, wear like 5 layers and a balaclava. and then bail at halftime if it sucks too bad

I honestly just keep thinking about how numb the players' feet are gonna be. probably because my feet are always cold. that honestly sounds like the worst part to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol I’ve yet to read a single argument that makes sense on why we still force players and fans into these lovely -30 degree situations except for a bunch of morons trying to justify why it’s cool living in a lovely tundra

Agreed, it is very stupid to play tonight. The only thing I guess you could say is that the next two days aren’t looking any better