Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

RIP Mitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

The cubano is a weak sando

with the right fresh ingredients it’s a very good sandwich, but it can be a bland ham and swiss if not executed correctly

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Couple shots of cafe Cubano to start the day and then a Cuban sando for lunch, ropa vieja for dinner. Finish with a cigar and a couple fingers of rum.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
1st cut Pastrami Reuben, fresser

That's the best. A Cuban is like #4 tops. Id rather eat a roast beef grinder with provolone mayonnaise lettuce onions and jalps than just about anything else in the world tho

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 8, 2024

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Can't say I've had cottage cheese on a sandmich before. Seems like it'd be too..wet?

cottage/meat/banana bread

I dunno? I'd definitely try it, because i have no boundaries.

maybe toast the banana bread a bit for some firmness, and substitute some sharp cheddar in there, and i'm going to town

- Reuben supremacy

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

someone needs to knock some sense into ur noggin, op

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
pickles and mustard is vinegar on vinegar and its possible to put too much. Perhaps this is what the OP is experiencing

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
OP spends thousands on shelves and pepper cannons (allegedly) so he probably doesn’t have the spare cash for quality sandwiches.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I want to try the cottage cheese pastrami banana bread sandwich because I like all of those things

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Mustard is a sometimes food. But when you're in the mood for it a good cuban is gooood.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Haverchuck posted:

pickles and mustard is vinegar on vinegar and its possible to put too much. Perhaps this is what the OP is experiencing

:dafuq:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i had a good cuban last week and asked them to hold the pickles.

ultimately my taste for deli meats is waning very quickly, idk what it is

though i could tell it was high quality, the sliced ham on the cuban was kind of grossing me out. i used to live on Turkey clubs and can't eat them much anymore either

basically just in it for the pulled pork

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I order fast food burgs without pickles usually cause they're rubbery poo poo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah especially if eating whilst driving. You take a bite and the pickle drags have the sandwich with it. Major fail.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah especially if eating whilst driving. You take a bite and the pickle drags have the sandwich with it. Major fail.

Put your teeth in grandpa

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the pickle is a major texture disrupter

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

srsly

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
come on pickle + mustard topping slurry cant be more than a certain amount of the sandwich by weight/volume. especially compared to the meats

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Can't stress enough that I'm not anti pickle or mustard

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

Can't stress enough that I'm not anti pickle or mustard

mustard/pickle crew already circling the wagons itt

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

500excf type r posted:

Put your teeth in grandpa

Sorry, left em on your mom’s nightstand

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

keeping it in the family, huh

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Can't be those circle pickles you'd put on a burger either, gotta be the longways slice style imho

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm anti pickle but pro mustard.

I got really ill as a kid and was vomiting up dill pickle chips from the night before non stop. I can't stand anything that tastes even close to that flavour.

But I hella love me some pickled turnips with my shawarma.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
A lot of really good sandwich places are just deli counters on the first floors of government and business buildings. My favorite place was in the same building as foster care classes and HEAP, until they moved to a real deli that I couldn't walk to on my lunch break. Best Cuban AND the best vegetarian sandwiches

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Konar posted:

Can't be those circle pickles you'd put on a burger either, gotta be the longways slice style imho

ovals vs stackers

naem
May 29, 2011

Haverchuck posted:

come on pickle + mustard topping slurry cant be more than a certain amount of the sandwich by weight/volume. especially compared to the meats

I think it has to be a specific pickle/mustard combos too where it’s like, that’s why the sandwich exists because they go together

it can’t just be any mustard or pickle

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i commend ur honesty op. this took courage

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

I'm anti pickle but pro mustard.

I got really ill as a kid and was vomiting up dill pickle chips from the night before non stop. I can't stand anything that tastes even close to that flavour.

But I hella love me some pickled turnips with my shawarma.

Get over it ya big baby eat the drat dill

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I like how people act like how amazing a pickle and mustard sandwich is but none of you would just eat a pickle and mustard sandwich. It's bad and you're bad. But Duck and cover it has meats! Oh does it? Why?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Get over it ya big baby eat the drat dill

Big talk for a sushi hater!!

naem
May 29, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

:whitewater:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
cuban "sub"?

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I like reuben sandwiches the best but cubanos are pretty good

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Taylor Swift, is that you?

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

A Subway tuna sub is the supreme titan of sandwiches, and if you don’t agree with me you can go die in a gutter somewhere tbh

naem
May 29, 2011

Haverchuck posted:

cuban "sub"?

we have very limited restaurant options nearby

they include “sandwich” or “other sandwich”

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Duck and Cover posted:

I like how people act like how amazing a pickle and mustard sandwich is but none of you would just eat a pickle and mustard sandwich. It's bad and you're bad. But Duck and cover it has meats! Oh does it? Why?

I eat mustard and pickle sandwiches a lot, especially on a hot dog bun with some potato chips. I was a vegetarian for a few years, and that was my go-to substitute for hot dogs because I didn't like tofu dogs.

Now what, big man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

Big talk for a sushi hater!!

sushi is mid