Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Jesus poo poo Italian sandwiches own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Snipe of my life

Edit : I keep rereading it and it's still a great post

down1nit fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 9, 2024

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

down1nit posted:

Jesus poo poo Italian sandwiches own

Do you mean a Maine Italian Sandwich or is this a generic term

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Italian beef?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
sometimes i get really depressed and just slam some Oscar Meyer sliced chicken on white bread with kraft singles. again and again and again. im trying to bankrupt myself as i do this but i can never eat enough

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Thinking about italians reminded me of dagwoods

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Best sandwich is the hot lobster roll aka connecticut style, it was determined by a panel of sandwich leaders

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

free hubcaps posted:

Best sandwich is the hot lobster roll aka connecticut style, it was determined by a panel of sandwich leaders

Love a $28 sandwich that is all mayo

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
my favorite spot to get a cuban is right here

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Konar posted:

If you have to be concerned with prices, you should be eating literal sand before you go out to eat.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Konar posted:

Connecticut style doesn’t have mayo, it’s lobster tossed in hot butter

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Are Cuban Sandwiches Real? I feel like I've heard about these things for years but never seen one in the wild. Granted I have never specifically sought one out.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

AcidCat posted:

Are Cuban Sandwiches Real? I feel like I've heard about these things for years but never seen one in the wild. Granted I have never specifically sought one out.

Where do you live?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ElectricSheep posted:

Truly the Cubano is the only good thing to come from Florida.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Cubanize a Portuguese bifana and you have a next level sando

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Worf posted:

I use crystal light fruit punch, because I always have so much extra of that one

Also, it doesn’t really seem to mix very well in water, but it does OK in the bowl with the tuna and the breadcrumbs, etc.

Yes, crystal light fruit punch mixed with canned tuna. Everyone hop on board the prison delectables train. Let me get cousin todd to snap some pics!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

Yeah no. I'm not going to Florida for what I'm sure to be is a mediocre sandwich experience? LOL. As far as hot lobster rolls/cold I'd say cold is more frequently offered in Connecticut. https://www.oprah.com/food/gayle-kings-search-for-americas-best-sandwich/all Good enough for Oprah good enough for me. The one linked has cheese so it's different.

edit: I tend to think cold when somebody says lobster roll but they are both tasty.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 9, 2024

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Yes, crystal light fruit punch mixed with canned tuna. Everyone hop on board the prison delectables train. Let me get cousin todd to snap some pics!

tuna in prison comes in a plastic bag

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

MrQwerty posted:

Lol what a bad and wrong opinion

Hey, go on and eat your stinky rotting cabbage, I ain't stopping you.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I hate Cuban sandwiches
I hate banh mis
I hate reubens
I hate all other sandwiches
……

Because I don’t have any of them right here right now, they are all dope.

Sad to see no one has mentioned the clear best sandwich, the torta.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I can't stop thinking about the bulgogi kimchi reuben. I've literally been staring at these posts for hours.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cobra Commander posted:

I hate Cuban sandwiches
I hate banh mis
I hate reubens
I hate all other sandwiches
……

Because I don’t have any of them right here right now, they are all dope.

Sad to see no one has mentioned the clear best sandwich, the torta.

Tortas are extremely win. local place makes an amazing one with smoked pork chops and stewed pork leg

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

cubano sliders are a pretty epic sounding app for the super bowl

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
yeah a cubano sliding into my rear end while im stuck in the toilet bowl is my favorite sangwich too

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

20 Blunts posted:

yeah a cubano sliding into my rear end while im stuck in the toilet bowl is my favorite sangwich too

ha ha!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

AcidCat posted:

I managed to get one in Bolivia of all places how are you this bad at finding sandwiches?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think I'd be hard pressed to not enjoy a sandwich that isn't like some nightmare concoction from a kid's fever dream. Like pretty much all the sandwiches that are popular or well known are good and I'd eat em all.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I saw somebody order a hotdog sandwich with mushrooms, mayo and ketchup (toasted) and it sounded good enough that I briefly considered eating meat again

I ordered the same thing but with extra mushrooms instead of hotdog :shrug:

E: also I didn't toast mine because meh

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Haverchuck posted:

Italian beef?

one of the best reasons to visit chicago

back to the OP's nonsense, it's been a while since i've had a good cuban -- there used to be a place downtown that made some incredible ones but they closed back in 2022 and i haven't been able to find a good one since then

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Worf posted:

I saw somebody order a hotdog sandwich with mushrooms, mayo and ketchup (toasted) and it sounded good enough that I briefly considered eating meat again

I ordered the same thing but with extra mushrooms instead of hotdog :shrug:

E: also I didn't toast mine because meh

you ate a cold mushroom mayo ketchup sandwich?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just lol if you’ve never enjoyed a classic mushmayochup. Well chilled, natch.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
the secret to a good cuban if you're not gonna make your own pickles is to actually mix pickle types. half kosher dill and half bread and butter really nails the flavor profile imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Bread and butter pickles have their place but boy do some people loving hate them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

best ham sandwich there is

this take is "who even likes banh mis they're too spicy" level

Inarguably the best ham sandwich. However Ham is the only meat to rank lower than not only every other meat and it's cheapest version, but it's also worse than every vegan-meat substitute. You can technically improve a cuban tenfold just by eating around the ham.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Wow I will NOT tolerate this ham denigration.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Bread and butter pickles have their place

yeah in the freakin' trash can!!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bread and butters or more for snacking on the side, frankly

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993