Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Honest question, is there something prohibiting them from using the Bears stadium for a few years? That seems like such an obvious solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

swickles posted:

Honest question, is there something prohibiting them from using the Bears stadium for a few years? That seems like such an obvious solution.

Probably the Bears.

I know the Bengals get really picky about how the field is being used during the season - or at least they did when I was in high school and they constantly rejected marching ban competitions or high school football games.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Good lord I didn't expect them to not have most of the stands along the sidelines, this is awful

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I cannot wait to see what happens to that field mid/end of November

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Those stands sure are gonna feel great anytime there's a stiff breeze off of Lake Michigan

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

swickles posted:

New Trier is more likely, honestly

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol that this only results in a ban from the spring game. Feel free to come back to the stadium during the real games and try to fight whatever coaches you want, we just don't want to see you at the spring game anymore.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

It's that time of year again:

https://edsbscharitybowl.com

Fellow Michigan fans; there will always be time to buy more merch, but only until Friday to donate and be smug about helping refugee families winning yet another collegiate contest fueled by cold hard cash and the largest alumni population in the country*
*a quick search says Penn State passed them recently but just like Franklin's wins nobody really cares so we'll ignore that

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

swickles posted:

From what I've read the cost, location, and scheduling issues killed that idea.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

True Home Field Advantage as no one can handle the lake effect wind and snow. Not even northwestern, the building gets the W as everyone just stays inside for the day.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Michigan got 3 years probation for a bunch of recruiting violations

This is not the Stallions thing, but the impermissible hamburger

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Give michigan the death penalty imo

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Lol that NCAA equates/equated improper gifts like cash jewelery cars or housing with getting a slider and fries with the students and recruits. God forbid university A have an unfair advantage by offering food more delicious than at university B

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cthulu Carl posted:

Probably the Bears.

I know the Bengals get really picky about how the field is being used during the season - or at least they did when I was in high school and they constantly rejected marching ban competitions or high school football games.

gently caress the Bengals

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Gonz posted:

4 months later and I still cannot stop myself from buying merch.

Merch Then. Merch Now. Merch Forever.

we have like four months of being as insufferable as possible left, gotta make the most of it :cheers:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Radia posted:

we have like four months of being as insufferable as possible left, gotta make the most of it :cheers:

That's never stopped y'all before?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

isn't michigan on probation right now

we should talk about relevant teams, like michigan state

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I wish Northwestern had announced Lake Stadium in time for it to be added to the new NCAA game

Edit: Although... maybe next year? Fingers crossed

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Radia posted:

Did you buy this yet

Cuz I did, and it owns

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

kayakyakr posted:

That's never stopped y'all before?

scoreboard + natty :cheers:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Sirotan posted:

Did you buy this yet

Cuz I did, and it owns

nooo. I already had an arrogant michigan alumni one though I guess it's lost. Lemme think about it for a bit - I really do already have 2 natty shirts and (finally!!) a Blake Corum Rose Bowl jersey.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Dance McPants posted:

It's that time of year again:

https://edsbscharitybowl.com

Fellow Michigan fans; there will always be time to buy more merch, but only until Friday to donate and be smug about helping refugee families winning yet another collegiate contest fueled by cold hard cash and the largest alumni population in the country*
*a quick search says Penn State passed them recently but just like Franklin's wins nobody really cares so we'll ignore that

On day one, I kicked in $42.27, $45.23, and $30.24.

No reason in particular.

also we apparently won a national championship in debate, so ergo, gently caress you

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I have a "Michigan Sign Stealer" thanks to one of you bros

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

On day one, I kicked in $42.27, $45.23, and $30.24.

No reason in particular.

also we apparently won a national championship in debate, so ergo, gently caress you

This is my final year to be able to give $27.25.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
52.49 forever

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

$55.34 for me

2007 :unsmith: :smith:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1780779070357156248

Whichever school can take this kid and nurse him back to 100% health, they will get an absolute unit.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol at this rate Colorado is going to be lucky to have enough people to field a team.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Radia posted:

nooo. I already had an arrogant michigan alumni one though I guess it's lost. Lemme think about it for a bit - I really do already have 2 natty shirts and (finally!!) a Blake Corum Rose Bowl jersey.

Where’d you get the Corum jersey? I want a Sainristil one for my wife.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

A Sneaker Broker posted:

https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1780779070357156248

Whichever school can take this kid and nurse him back to 100% health, they will get an absolute unit.

He should've never left Houston - he could've been a draft pick without transferring. Oh well

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This isn’t in response to the transfer, but are we sure that Deion actually wants to coach once his sons graduate?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Where’d you get the Corum jersey? I want a Sainristil one for my wife.

Wife found it on FB marketplace. I'm annoyed because I wanted to make sure it would give Corum some last NIL money, but as far as i can tell they're not intending to restock those on the official stores

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

General Dog posted:

This isn’t in response to the transfer, but are we sure that Deion actually wants to coach once his sons graduate?

i don't think you take a p5 job and bring your sons with you if you're just trying to coach your sons through college

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Declan MacManus posted:

i don't think you take a p5 job and bring your sons with you if you're just trying to coach your sons through college

I dunno, everything he says or does at Colorado seems to indicate that promoting his sons is priority number 1. I don't mean to say say that as if I'm getting at the heart of some dark secret; he seems pretty open about that fact.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If I had to guess, he'll last a partial year after his sons graduate, pick a fight with the administration over something and walk away while trying to high road them, then go to another program and last maybe a year and a half before quitting.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Radia posted:

An Ohio state diploma mill are the real arrogant assholes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GD_American posted:

If I had to guess, he'll last a partial year after his sons graduate, pick a fight with the administration over something and walk away while trying to high road them, then go to another program and last maybe a year and a half before quitting.

He might also threaten to break someone's neck, based on prior art

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The wheels are going to fall off in week 1 for Colorado when they lose to North Dakota State.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Truther Vandross posted:

The wheels are going to fall off in week 1 for Colorado when they lose to North Dakota State.

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

GD_American posted:

LOL, I don’t think I want to go full :toxx: but I would be shocked if he gave any semblance of staying around. Aside from saying that they will only play for certain teams, didn’t he straight up say that he wanted to come along and be an assistant coach?