Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

Cincy should bring this one back

Extreme clipart energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm partial to the 1959-1068 "bear acting like a Halloween cat decoration" logo

all of these are significantly better than the current one

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I'm partial to the bearcat on PCP from the 80s

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Not a football school but bring back Denver Boone.
"In 2018, the unofficial Boone mascot costume was banned from DU campus under a "no mask" policy, enacted by the DU Board of Trustees as "protection from terrorism." "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Boone

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Spacebump posted:

Not a football school but bring back Denver Boone.
"In 2018, the unofficial Boone mascot costume was banned from DU campus under a "no mask" policy, enacted by the DU Board of Trustees as "protection from terrorism." "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Boone

jfc

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Judgy Fucker posted:

How many of the schools represented in those throwback pics still make regular use of the “throwback” logo? OU still uses that schooner logo pretty often even if the block OU is the ubiquitous, standard logo.

Same deal with OSU and Pistol Pete

Texas still uses the screaming Bevo on fan merch. I have a limited edition Yeti cup with it on there from last season.

I wish Texas had more logos. Most of our gear has either the ubiquitous longhorn head logo or the interlocking UT and that's about it. Maybe a block 'T' or old western font 'T' if it's baseball-related. We need more logos.

Henchman of Santa posted:

When did Colorado have UCLA’s color scheme?

I was wondering the same thing. Colorado's official school colors are silver and gold, but those look like poo poo when paired together so their uniforms typically substitute black for silver. Was there a time when they actually used blue instead of black?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

General Dog posted:

It screams US Bicentennial to me; I’m guessing 1976 +/-2 years

It was introduced in 1983 so closer to Expo '82

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm pretty sure Texas Tech still uses the old double-T logo sometimes. It's on their class ring.

"AerLingus" sounds like a sex act.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lmao the Falcons drafted Penix

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’d kind of be surprised if any of the QBs from this class are good

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm surprised at the lack of respect for Penix. Other than his bad national championship game, I think he has great potential. I can't say the same for Caleb Williams.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

I'm surprised at the lack of respect for Penix. Other than his bad national championship game, I think he has great potential. I can't say the same for Caleb Williams.

Lotta injuries, god-tier WRs at Washington

Still ... yeah I could see a world where it works out

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Komet posted:

He'll be 24 by next season and the Falcons just dumped Fort Knox to get Kirk Fuckin Cousins. So you either eat a mint on the latter when he inevitably ages out or you just wasted a top 10 pick on his understudy to be 28 before getting meaningful snaps. The "lol draft Bowers to light a fire under Pitts's rear end" take made more sense than this.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Komet posted:

I think Penix will be a good NFL player but objectively it was insane for Atlanta of all teams to draft him at that spot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Boy that DWI really cost T'Vondre Sweat huh :(

At least Xavier Worthy went to the Chiefs. That rules for him.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 26, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Oh yeah, Abdul Carter beat up a tow truck driver

:negative:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

He'll be 24 by next season and the Falcons just dumped Fort Knox to get Kirk Fuckin Cousins. So you either eat a mint on the latter when he inevitably ages out or you just wasted a top 10 pick on his understudy to be 28 before getting meaningful snaps. The "lol draft Bowers to light a fire under Pitts's rear end" take made more sense than this.

Fans and media tend to be down on these QBs who have tenure (Nix as well), plus also of all the teams to make the reach, the team that just tampered to get Kirk Cousins? Ridiculous.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Oh yeah, Abdul Carter beat up a tow truck driver

:negative:

Tow truck driver is one profession where I automatically side with the other guy until we get more details

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Tow truck driver is one profession where I automatically side with the other guy until we get more details

It's up there with repo men and private investigators for those professions that the government gives you a slip of paper that makes it legal for you to do things that would be wildly illegal otherwise.

'Yeah I just stalk people, legally. Spent this morning rummaging through someone's trash and taking photos through their window, very legally. Billed 8 hours this weekend following a woman around town because her jealous husband paid me to, all above board."

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

swickles posted:

Yeah and 'tow truck driver in a college town' seems even more scummy.

Speaking of scummy, Penn State has a Luke Combs concert this weekend in Beaver Stadium and they are charging $60 to $100 for people to park out in the fields around the stadium.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://www.wtaj.com/sports/nittany-nation/new-details-penn-state-football-player-allegedly-assaults-tow-truck-driver/

quote:

A Penn State football player is facing an assault charge after allegedly assaulting a tow truck driver.

Abdul Carter, 20, is facing a simple assault charge after an altercation allegedly occurred between him and a tow truck driver that was attempting to tow his Dodge Challenger on March 16.

The tow truck driver told police that he noticed that Carter’s Challenger was in a parking lot at the Aspen State College apartment complex without a parking pass. The parking lot required all residents to register their vehicles and obtain a parking pass for vehicles on the property, according to the criminal complaint.

When the driver attempted to begin towing Carter’s Challenger, the car alarm began going off which allegedly caused Carter to come outside. He then confronted the driver and asked what needed to be done to keep the car, according to the complaint. The driver told Carter that if he paid the drop fee then his vehicle wouldn’t be towed that day.

Carter then went back inside to get money to pay the fee, however when he returned he allegedly told the tow truck driver that Challengers are frequently stolen so he wanted to make sure the man had the authority to tow, police noted in the complaint.

The driver then explained his credentials to Carter and asked him to fill out paperwork so he could drop the vehicle. Carter allegedly refused to provide his information and continued to question the driver on why his vehicle was being towed.

When the driver began to tow Carter’s vehicle and Carter allegedly began yelling that he was going to call 911. The driver attempted to enter his tow truck, however Carter was blocking the door with his arm up against the driver, according to the complaint.

The driver was able to get into his truck, however, Carter then allegedly grabbed him from behind, pulled him from the truck, carried him across the parking lot to a grassy area and threw him onto the ground.

Both men then began running back to the tow truck, and on the way the driver saw a cellphone that he assumed was his. When he picked it up, Carter allegedly grabbed the man again, pushed him to the ground and held him down.

Carter is now facing a simple assault charge and a summary offence of harassment. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 22.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You all know that I'm as law and order as you can get and even I think tow operators don't even get the benefit of the doubt

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

There have been numerous reports of tow trucks in Philly just outright stealing cars.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm pretty sure Texas Tech still uses the old double-T logo sometimes. It's on their class ring.

We do. Flat block double-T is hugely popular and the fanbase is split roughly in 3rds: flat block double-T, 3D double T, and all double-T's.

The remaining 1% or so favors a combo approach where the 3D double T is recolored to be different shades of red -or- the main portion is changed to be flat while the edges are 3D to give it a raised effect. I still see some images I made a decade ago pop back up when people talk about a combo version of the double-T.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

That seems like the least-bad assault charge story involving a football player I've heard.

In other news

https://x.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1783930095230751108

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

It's a reverse consultantcy, they're paying Ferentz to tell them what not to do

Ya know, like any other consultant

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I missed logo chat but someone earlier ITT mentioned that Cincy's logo has never looked like an actual bearcat, so I googled it, and lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

swickles posted:

Austin used to have one of only 3 Taco Bells in America that served alcohol.

It closed down after a few years partly because it didn't have any parking. Because the only adjacent parking lot was run by two rear end in a top hat Asian food restaurant owners who bitched and cried to the tow trucks to boot any car that DARED to park in ~their~ sacred parking lot to eat at the Taco Bell instead of ~their~ very (not) superior and much more (un)popular noodle places.

The tow trucks would camp in the alleyway behind the restaurants and boot anyone who parked there to go to the Taco Bell. When you got back to your car there'd be some dickhead standing there with a clipboard demanding you pay them $200 to get the boot off your car. It happened to me at least 2 or 3 times. gently caress those people.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 26, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Typing that post made me remember that they loving tore down the glorious Wooten Barber Shop.

The scientology building is still standing and just got renovated, and they went and TORE DOWN the greatest loving barber shop in Austin. With the nudie mags and the bootleg R-rated movies on the big screen TV and the hot lotion neck shaves.

They left up the stupid rear end "Hi How Are You" graffiti, but the rest of that building is gone.

gently caress, now I'm sad. :(

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Seaniqua posted:

I missed logo chat but someone earlier ITT mentioned that Cincy's logo has never looked like an actual bearcat, so I googled it, and lol

This used to float around the NCAA threads back in the day when Cinci was first on the up-and-up:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yes. YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS
https://x.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1783930095230751108

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Seaniqua posted:

binturongs rule.

sometimes they smell like popcorn, but I think it's their piss. like how dogs can smell like Fritos, but it's a toe fungus

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

dirty shrimp money posted:

It's a reverse consultantcy, they're paying Ferentz to tell them what not to do

Ya know, like any other consultant

He’s going to pull a Costanza, do the opposite of every one of his instincts and ride that wave to unwavering success, then be named Kirk’s successor and immediately revert.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hail Terps, B20 Champs 2025-2035

Edit: B18? I thought they were at 16 with affiliate teams prior to next season but :shrug:

augias
Apr 7, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

Austin used to have one of only 3 Taco Bells in America that served alcohol.

It closed down after a few years partly because it didn't have any parking. Because the only adjacent parking lot was run by two rear end in a top hat Asian food restaurant owners who bitched and cried to the tow trucks to boot any car that DARED to park in ~their~ sacred parking lot to eat at the Taco Bell instead of ~their~ very (not) superior and much more (un)popular noodle places.

The tow trucks would camp in the alleyway behind the restaurants and boot anyone who parked there to go to the Taco Bell. When you got back to your car there'd be some dickhead standing there with a clipboard demanding you pay them $200 to get the boot off your car. It happened to me at least 2 or 3 times. gently caress those people.

So you paid to take the boot off your parked car three times? Why didn't you learn to steer clear after the first time

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

augias posted:

So you paid to take the boot off your parked car three times? Why didn't you learn to steer clear after the first time

Look, sometimes you're tired as gently caress or in a rush and you get lucky. And the closest other parking was a paid parking garage, so your choices are either pay a guaranteed extra $5-$10 or roll the dice in the closer lot and maybe pay nothing.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

The deadly taco bell gambit we've all been there

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Keep in mind you only had about a 10% to 20% chance of getting booted so most of the time you were fine, but the fact that you had a chance of getting booted at all was loving bullshit.

Also those other two restaurants sucked rear end and never had any customers, so they didn't even really need to guard those spaces.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

10-20% is pretty high, maybe don’t park in their lot lol. it’s theirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

augias posted:

The deadly taco bell gambit we've all been there

I feel like this usually involves toilets.