Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

SquirrelyPSU posted:

That's awful.

Nah, give me free wins any day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I am just checking in. How are all y'alls QBs doing so far in Spring Ball SZN?

Carson Beck is dropping bombs over the top of our defense and not getting arrested for speeding g or DUI so pretty good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mason Maggs and Chad Ray are your future, don't resist it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Nico is the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game

I watched the bowl game again recently and Nico’s pocket awareness makes him seem like a precog.

Then I realized my contrast was Joe Milton whose was terrible.

So, Nico is probably pretty good in the pocket, but I think it’s better than it really is after watching Joe for a year.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
sorry but i like the FCS game. normally my team is gonna top out at 7 total wins (unless they have a great year) so it's nice to have one stress free win to get the fellas tuned up.

we also support FCS athletics budgets by scheduling the ritual sacrifice

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nah, give me free wins any day

I would prefer something more than the football version of this https://youtu.be/BPNOdkLcL_g?t=26

(The last guy was Iowa last season)

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Alaois posted:

Mason Maggs and Chad Ray are your future, don't resist it

local talent jobber tag team names

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
https://evanstonroundtable.com/2024/03/29/northwestern-ryan-field-temporary-stadium/
Proposal they play here:

This would be sick, I'd love to see a northwestern game right next to the lake on the beautiful gray 25 degree day in november being battered by cold wind off the water as they lose to Illinois 7-3.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mike_V posted:

sorry but i like the FCS game. normally my team is gonna top out at 7 total wins (unless they have a great year) so it's nice to have one stress free win to get the fellas tuned up.

we also support FCS athletics budgets by scheduling the ritual sacrifice

It can also cause really funny things to happen.

2007 App State @ Michigan funny.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Genuinely mind boggling that they tore down the stadium with seemingly no plan on where they were going to play next year.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

trevorreznik posted:

https://evanstonroundtable.com/2024/03/29/northwestern-ryan-field-temporary-stadium/
Proposal they play here:

This would be sick, I'd love to see a northwestern game right next to the lake on the beautiful gray 25 degree day in november being battered by cold wind off the water as they lose to Illinois 7-3.

its nice that there aren't any seats so nobody could be forced to watch :shobon:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

trevorreznik posted:

Proposal they play here:

this but unironically bc i dont hate good weather and good times :cheers:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That's where they should have built the stadium in the first place

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they should just float some bleachers on barges along the shore

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

Proposal they play here:

There are no stands?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's the field for the women's lacrosse team, capacity about 3,000. it is a shame i don't know how lacrosse works, it's the only sport northwestern is good at.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

i meant the football field next to it, not a stand in sight unless that is the practice field

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
They said they'll add 15k temp seats in the article but I think it'd be more comfortable to just pull up next to it in a boat with a giant periscope

I just realized I played rugby on that field, that'd be absolutely fitting of a NU game to just toss down some bleachers and call it a day.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 29, 2024

augias
Apr 7, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's the field for the women's lacrosse team, capacity about 3,000. it is a shame i don't know how lacrosse works, it's the only sport northwestern is good at.

You need to throw the ball into the opposing teams net to score a goal. One goal = one point. They use sticks with a basket and it used to be played by the first.nations of new england. Seems pretty self explanatory so go watch nw dominate the other teams forever

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Easier to just call it running around hockey.

Somehow field hockey has less in common with ice hockey?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/coachwinkum/status/1773819288102793413?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

trevorreznik posted:

Proposal they play here:

This reminds me of the NHL games at Lake Tahoe, in that the view is amazing and no spectators are there.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

White people have just invented several rich honky corollaries to soccer

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

trevorreznik posted:

They said they'll add 15k temp seats in the article but I think it'd be more comfortable to just pull up next to it in a boat with a giant periscope

Northwestern Navy

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

LeeMajors posted:

You’re aware of lacrosse’s origins correct

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You’re aware of lacrosse’s origins correct

Sounds French op

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Brock Bowers's latest sponsorship has Brock Bowers aesthetics

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5EykFyAKHl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I see Northwestern is finally solving the problem of other teams' fans taking over their stadium

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

LeeMajors posted:

In this case white people co-opted the sport. They didn't really invent it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Basically everyone independently invented some version of "carry and hit a ball with a stick towards the goal." Irish hurling and lacrosse are pretty much "this one uses a big spoon and this one uses a net on the stick."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I mean I was being glib but honestly the juxtaposition of one net sport being widely diverse and then like five net sports being 98% white and affluent is pretty funny. I’m not sure if they developed concurrently or not.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/AdamKing10TV/status/1774112846374183379?s=20

I think I'm higher on Jeremiah Smith than any other college WR I've ever watched.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I loving hate that Ohio State just has an inexhaustible stream of blue chip receivers that always pan out.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

LeeMajors posted:

I loving hate that Ohio State just has an inexhaustible stream of blue chip receivers that always pan out.

The Brian Hartline effect.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just started a Sedona Trolley Tour. Driver jokes "so this is the Trolley for Sandusky, Ohio! ... Does anyone know what Sandusky is famous for??"

Me: :chloe: :stare:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

Just started a Sedona Trolley Tour. Guy jokes "so this is the Trolley for Sandusky, Ohio! ... Does anyone know what Sandusky is famous for??"

Tommy Boy?

:negative:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Just started a Sedona Trolley Tour. Driver jokes "so this is the Trolley for Sandusky, Ohio! ... Does anyone know what Sandusky is famous for??"

Cedar Point, the very famous amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

An Uncle Tupelo song?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

Cedar Point, the very famous amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio?

Yes actually this was it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dango Bango posted:

An amusement park and being the birthplace of Adara Michaels?

Can you even count that second thing as something to be famous for?

EDIT: nvm I just reread the question and got it :gonk:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 30, 2024