Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Just got to see the natty trophy at my completely deserted local Meijers lmao

No I didn't touch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

facialimpediment posted:

Hah I saw that email and was like "ehhhh... nah"

For some weird reason I more look forward to the coaching/film breakdowns versus stuff like a freezing-cold outdoor parade and pep rally.

But I do hope that for Monday's Michigan-tOSU basketball game, a lot of players show up and there are very loud gently caress ohio chants.

I am considering going to this, even if I am a bit confused about a three hour time slot for a parade scheduled to go less than a mile. Cold and snow doesn't really bother me but we're supposed to have like 25mph winds at that time which would suck.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

C-Euro posted:

Asked my dad (Michigan State alum) how it feels to have seen Saban lose his final CFB game in-person, dad responds "Great! Good riddance mf'er". Some grudges never die.

There's a deserted Meijer's?

Gonna have to tell my mom to check it out if she hasn't already.

It is gone already, was at the Carpenter Rd Meijers from 11-2pm today, and now it is off to the Walmart in Canton (???????) from 4-7. Tomorrow it will be at the State St MDen from 4-7pm which will be a complete shitshow will a line down the block I would guess. I waffled about going for a while because I just assumed it would be a madhouse, but when I arrived there was only one person in line ahead of me.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I feel like somebody from Raygun must be following this thread. Show yourself, coward

https://www.raygunsite.com/products/insufferable-michigan-fan

I am looking at all the official merch for the Rose Bowl and natty and it is all just so, so bad. Starting to consider bootleg gear just to get something that looks decent and isn't a bunch of word salad: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1635070590/2024-michigan-rose-bowl-shoulder-patch

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

C-Euro posted:

I'm married to a Thai native and she avoids most Thai restaurants in the US lol

Actually, for the Michigan and Michigan State folks ITT she does genuinely like No Thai (Thai fast casual chain with a few spots in Ann Arbor and East Lansing), mostly because it has a reliable baseline.

This is hilarious bc my experience has been that the spice level is wildly inconsistent depending on the location/day/weather. But now I really want some pad thai.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

C-Euro posted:

Oh are people down on No Thai? My parents get it all the time and my Michigan grad brother likes it too.

Oh no I think it's fine and I do still hit them up every now and then, it's just funny to me think it's considered the legit Thai place in town instead of Tuptim or that place inside the lovely hotel by the highway that killed one of its employees with carbon monoxide and keeps getting busted for human trafficking (Siam Square, for real idk how that place is at the top of so many lists).

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

A little sad, but not surprised. Guy was here almost a decade and is leaving at the top of his game. Seeya, Harbs. :patriot:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Adun posted:

Probably because ending up with an internal promotion from arguably the weaker side of the ball seems like a step down from what is arguably a top 5 college football program? Outside of maybe 5 coaches Michigan should be able to hire whoever they want

Yeah but those guys probably wouldn't be Michigan Men™️

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

He gave the Pope a winged helmet? Ahahaha omg
https://twitter.com/UMichFootball/status/1750341500586586188

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I loving hate sports gambling and the amount of advertising it has generated. Billboards on the highway, television ads, I even get flyers in the loving mail. I can't imagine how tough it must be to be a person with a gambling addiction right now.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hell yeah, Go Blue

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Radia posted:

zingermans is overrated

:agreed:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

DIA (Detroit Institute of Art) was just voted best art museum in the US or something, so you should definitely go there when you're in town

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ope

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1769064598286545399?s=20
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ch/72999772007/

Juwan Howard got shitcanned today as well.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I hope he can get some chickens at his new place :unsmith:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Radia posted:

we have like four months of being as insufferable as possible left, gotta make the most of it :cheers:

Did you buy this yet

Cuz I did, and it owns

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Declan MacManus posted:

idk man it seems like making that many rings on a regular basis every time you win a natty would be a headache

won't someone think of the poor natty winners :qq:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yall aint even gone to walmart with the trophy yet. fake rear end champs

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ay/72174764007/

quote:

Fans are invited to see the trophy in person and take pictures while it's displayed at three different Ann Arbor area stores this week:

11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 11 at Meijer located at 3825 Carpenter Road in Ypsilanti

4-7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 11 at Walmart located at 45555 Michigan Ave. in Canton

4-7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 12 at M-Den located at 303 State St. in Ann Arbor

I saw it at Meijers :colbert:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

PostNouveau posted:

Goddamn, we had no draft picks 2 years ago and were the top school this year with 11

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Dance McPants posted:

Gotta wonder how much blood is in that alumni stone and if putting your hand out for NIL will distract from other donations.

I stopped getting calls from the alumni association asking for donations when I told them it was not something I'd ever consider while I was still paying off my student loans. (They never stop sending email or snail mail though, no matter how many times you try to unsubscribe.) Now as an employee I get solicited for donations on Giving Blueday every year. Also don't forget they are making $10/yr off every person driving around with a UoM license plate.

Don't worry, the university is not hurting for money.