Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

I want to make a joke about that tweet but my school's band is in no position to throw stones after the last few years.

What happened with the schism of "One Band doesn't play choo choo song" and "A new band that does play choo choo song" or did money force them back together choo-choo'ing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Alaois posted:

*general dog listening to Turkey in the Straw*

drat this is kinda a lowkey banger

*next track is Camptown Races*

Only thing missing from this track is a Robert E Lee quote in the lyrics

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Game day coaching is maybe the 4th or 5th most important thing a college football head coach does.

Can be, or you can be Mario Cristobal and directly affect multiple games a season with your poo poo.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

On one hand UCLA saves itself >8 million by letting Chip go instead of firing him.

On the other it is an extremely bad look.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Might as well ask the question here since the article and the company's webpage doesn't:
What is the source of carbon to alloy the iron into steel if not from coal/coke in this process?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Wait is this a california specific thing?

Southern California specifically. Anyone north of Santa Barbara will make fun of SoCal people for doing it.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah northern baseball teams are incredibly disadvantaged by college baseball season starting in February thus necessitating them going on the road for the first month+ of the season

For reference, this is from 2021 so the numbers aren't totally correct any more but here are the CWS appearances by teams in each conference (using team membership at the time in 2021 so for example all of Texas' appearances from the SWC years count for the Big 12):
SEC - 106
Pac-12 (RIP) - 103
ACC - 98
Big 12 - 80
Big 10 - 29

And just for fun:
Big West - 26

There is an obvious outlier here and it isn't because no one in Michigan, Indiana or Ohio likes baseball

I'm not sure Corvallis, Oregon is any more fun than Champaign, Illinois (or a different Rust Belt/Midwest town) in February or March but Oregon State was a major contributor to Pac-12's baseball appearances.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

Ah OK. For some reason I thought there was.

Are there any in state rivalries that are legally mandated? Like politicians make noise, but I could've sworn a few there were laws behind them. But maybe I'm making that up.

I can't find it upon quick googling but I believe U of Arizona and Arizona State are legally required that one of them plays Northern Arizona each year.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

It’s nice to be the one team that gained a legit, immediate rivalry by moving conferences. It does feel a little wrong not playing Tech and Baylor anymore, but I’ll take the tradeoff for A&M, the restarting of the SWC era Arky rivalry, and the marquee names of the SEC coming to town every so often.

I'm sorry but now that a Texas fan has admitted it's a rivalry A&M fans have won the "don't admit it's a rivalry" rivalry. The Golden Forum Post Trophy moves to College Station.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Ohio State hired Carlos Locklyn away from Oregon to be the RB coach.

Sorry, Ducks, I guess?

Obviously we just need to bring Gary Campbell back out of retirement.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

lanning, probably

Going to be honest it felt good there was a catastrophic coaching carousel and Oregon wasn't part of it for once in the past decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

You can see by the Oregon tripleposting that we were not hurt at all and will not be hurt again.