Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The thread title made me imagine Harbaugh stealing military secrets lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

My #1 candidate for that position was Saban, but he's annoyed at basically everything changing and loving up his recruiting strategies. Harbaugh might just be in the unique position of having viewpoints from everywhere - college player, pro player, poo poo-tier college coach, academic-high college coach, NFL coach, megapower college coach.

He is also a gigantic dork that can make college kids willingly do poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1744807256053498310?t=EuPlU0m5iSfs_7SvOpRGYw&s=19

Immediately reminds me of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orXfqKLL2Y8

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Alabama needs another former Belichick assistant.

Josh McDaniels is available

I legit think they get Vrabel. Don't really have a reason for it. Just a feeling.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

ESPN actually made me root for Texas with all of their hype for USC being the best team ever.

It was a very odd time.

Right?? Texas is one of my most hated schools and I wanted them to shut up ESPN so badly.

This was also when they did a "greatest college football teams of all time" show and Kirk had a total meltdown for '71 Nebraska being ahead of USC lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

OF COURSE this comes out after the season where we won't see any fun Gameday signs about it :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Please tell me you were the Lane high school prom quote :perfect:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Smh, poor downtrodden Alabama has to resort to Indiana castoffs to fill out it's staff

DeBoer getting a lot of mileage out of Indiana castoffs :eyepop:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gonz posted:

Somebody call me a plumber….. to help with all this DRIP.

This one is really, really funny in the "cheating scandal" context

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

How did they get away with using the coaches' likenesses for years before the O'Bannon ruling?

"Generic white guy" is amorphous enough to get away with it. It's not like they had heights, weights, hometowns, etc. that made it clear who it was supposed to be.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NCAA also sanctions non-football / MBB championships. It's just that the major sports have completely outgrown NCAA governance due to how much money is involved.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wait what about Northwestern?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I see Northwestern is finally solving the problem of other teams' fans taking over their stadium

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just started a Sedona Trolley Tour. Driver jokes "so this is the Trolley for Sandusky, Ohio! ... Does anyone know what Sandusky is famous for??"

Me: :chloe: :stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

Cedar Point, the very famous amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio?

Yes actually this was it lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jeremor posted:

Has anybody pickled red onions before? Youtube decided I'm going to watch videos on it now, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look tasty as all hell.

Also, might be taking my wife to her first football game this season. Wondering if i should try for a big game to let her see a good atmosphere, or a cupcake so it's not so intimidating.

I'm a big fan of Kenji's quick pickled red onions recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao the biggest faux pas calling UofA "Arizona State"