Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Who'd have ever thought Kentucky would have the longest tenured head coach in the SEC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Liam Coen is reportedly interviewing with the Bears for the OC position, along with a few others. If he gets it and leaves, that would mean 5 OCs in 5 years for Kentucky. Would probably also mean losing some of the transfers and current players that are here for him. I'd hate to lose him (again) because it sure would be nice to have some continuity on that side of the ball at some point.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Former Everything posted:

I for one hope the Vols are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Death penalty, imo. And ban that shade of orange for all time.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky OC Liam Coen is leaving (again) for the NFL, this time to the Bucs, after being connected to just about every NFL OC opening there was. This leaves Kentucky looking for a new OC for the 4th time in 4 years.

Gotta think this leaves some bad blood behind. When they rehired him last year he told Stoops he was planning to stay at least 3 seasons. And there were public announcements that Coen would have full control of the offense, so I don't think it was autonomy, or even money, that had him looking elsewhere. A lot of fans were audibly frustrated with constant flirting with every NFL team and even being linked to Ohio St at one point.

Not sure where Kentucky goes from here. They're built for Coen's system, and brought in some highly touted players from the portal. I don't think the portal opens for a coordinator leaving like it does a head coach, but depending on the hire I fear a potential exodus during the post-spring practice portal period.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Judgy Fucker posted:

I'm gonna go with SEC as the American league since they fought pretty hard to not be a part of this Nation a while back

Does that mean Kentucky and Missouri have to join the Big 10?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

hobbesmaster posted:

Big 10 west champions Kentucky

It wouldn't surprise me if it crossed Mark Stoops' mind to hire Brian Ferentz as the new OC.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Cthulu Carl posted:

Let Corso retire, make Saban don the Headgear

I assume this is the start of a transition away from Corso, maybe bring him out only for headgear and nothing else. He barely looks like he knows where he is sometimes.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Just lean all the way in and wear a houndstooth jersey.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

All I see in that first graph is how absolutely amazing Chris Rodriguez was despite that lovely 2022 O Line. Really the only thing worth remembering about that season.

Ray Davis not too shabby either in 2023. Kentucky has really had quite the streak talented running backs going back about 10 years now (Boom Williams, Benny Snell, CRod, Davis), and only one was a transfer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
There's talk of Kentucky dropping Louisville as an annual game if the SEC goes to 9 conference games. I do think 9 is the right move for the SEC, but I absolutely do not want to lose that rivalry game. It means more to the fans than most of the SEC rivals, maybe with the exception of Tennessee for the eastern part of the state. To me it is a must keep.

I'd also like to see more games against area teams, for example:
Indiana
Cincinnati
West Virginia
Purdue
Virginia or VT
UNC or Duke

I'm sure it won't happen in the current setup. For teams like Kentucky those MAC games are necessary for bowl eligibility. But it's not like those teams above are unbeatable in any given year, and no offense to Akron or Eastern Michigan but would be a lot more exciting from a fan's perspective.

For the SEC, if they go 9 with 3 permanent rivals, I really liked the setup with Kentucky getting Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Missouri. Not nearly as fond of the other proposal that showed South Carolina, Georgia, and Mississippi State.