Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So far this offseason, the Cocks have suffered some unfortunate transfer portal losses but also got some big transfer portal wins; plan to roll out a intriguing but raw underclassman quarterback next year; and once again have a top-10 hardest schedule in 2024. Feels like it's gonna be another year of improved play on the field that doesn't translate to the record, which likely results in missing a bowl again despite promising flashes here and there. This program is very much stuck in neutral right now, and like other fans in this thread, I am extremely thankful I'm not living or dying by what my alma mater is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don't! Having two historic coaches doesn't mean its a place some dipshit NFL QB coach can just plug and play (like Day at OSU) nor does it have the natural recruiting advantages or money the others have

Yeah, Alabama is a small and poor state that doesn't have an insanely rich donor base flowing from an industry that pumps out insanely rich people, but they're also an institution in the sport and arguably the most recognizable college football program. Gonna be interesting to see what wins out here -- historical precedent (decades upon decades of success) or capitalist realities (made all the more imperative in the NIL era).

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 11, 2024