Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The "players should get money" thing is hardly new from Harbaugh, he's been on that one for a while.

Sash! posted:

Yeah, that's got plenty of "yeah totally do this because it won't be my problem to deal with! Away I go!" on it, but then again he's a goober.

I don't think it's nearly this self serving. It's just him being a Righteous Goober. Dudes got flaws and blind spots a mile long but he has that zealot in him and in this case it's pointed in the right direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

harperdc posted:

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/football/report-oregon-coach-dan-lanning-currently-in-tuscaloosa

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

22-5 at Oregon in two seasons. Really hope the buyout scares them off. De Boer is right there without a contract extension!

Nooo

On the budget slide, what’s all UW’s program money going to? Paying off new facilities?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Seaniqua posted:

I'll do it, I will coach the Alabama Crimson Tide Football Team and I'm going to use my NCAA 14 playbook

Better idea: TFF collectively coaches Bama

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Hot Take: DeBoer is a better coach than Saban and Bama’s reign will continue

Even if you think that deboer is a better coach it’s basically inconceivable he has a Saban tier run. I think bama would continue to be good with him and he would still likely be a disappointment even so.

If it’s true I feel bad for dawgs fans because I had that same dread regarding Lanning. Losing a Real Deal dude sucks. On the other hand I don’t feel bad for dawgs fans because schadenfreude is true joy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

A lot more good coaches haven’t had one great season.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It’s better for rich far right weirdos to dump money in to NIL than whatever else they were going to do with it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Mike_V posted:

How funny would it be if Brian Kelly jumped to Michigan?

Don’t manifest that evil

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Gonz posted:

Mario Cristobal massively loving up the victory formation should've resulting in the athletic director showing up 5 minutes after the game and handing him a pink slip.

I still cannot understand how that was allowed to slide.

He did this twice!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

for this to be anything other than a thought experiment Notre Dame will have to finish a season ranked #4 or higher

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

General Dog posted:

That pretty reliably happens every 8 years or so

I think the brave new world of CFB magnifies ND's disadvantages, but we'll see.

The last time they finished in the top 4 was 12 years ago and it'll certainly be 13 by this time next year.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

General Dog posted:

Pretty sure they finished the regular season in the top 4 the time(s?) they made the playoff.

i was just looking at AP poll rankings oops

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the idea that indian food and mexican food have related "spiciness" is absurd

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

JGdmn posted:

My son was super psyched about the new game having heard me say I used to love the old NCAA football game in relation to Madden. Then he learned it’s only coming out on PS5 and all we have is a PS4. What a pain.

looks like ya boy is getting a PS5 for birthday/christmas/flag day/whatever

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It's coming out on PC, right? It would be nice if I can justify my PC tinkering habits to my wife.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

GD_American posted:

As opposed to the title game for the 2012 season, where we knew they shouldn't have been invited but loved that they were anyway because literally all of America except the ND fanbase knew they were going to get smeared to a thin paste by that Crimson Tide squad.

That might be my favorite football game of all time. I've never had my hater itch scratched so effectively.

:yeah:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Gonz posted:

I agree that Notre Dame should continue to pretend it’s the 70’s and 80’s and never change their program to succeed in the 2020s.

i have good news

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Radia posted:

there are still no good blake corum jerseys available from anywhere that's through NIL stuff

whyyyyy?!

This but Mikey Sainristil!!!!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

realignment sucks :(

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

it would be great if the committee rewarded big opponent OOC losses for the playoff to a greater extent than beating Directional Michigan or whatever. I don't think they will, but if they really wanted to encourage tough nonconference scheduling they could very easily do so. If the line for an at-large bid is drawn that way, athletic departments will react.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

trevorreznik posted:

https://evanstonroundtable.com/2024/03/29/northwestern-ryan-field-temporary-stadium/
Proposal they play here:

This would be sick, I'd love to see a northwestern game right next to the lake on the beautiful gray 25 degree day in november being battered by cold wind off the water as they lose to Illinois 7-3.

its nice that there aren't any seats so nobody could be forced to watch :shobon:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

White people have just invented several rich honky corollaries to soccer

You’re aware of lacrosse’s origins correct

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

as long as it's prior to september

weird to want to re-live 9/11 but sure

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Komet posted:

If the Big Ten is smart, they will realize that the equal payout for every member, even Rutgers and Indiana, created a stability that enabled the conference to survive and thrive versus the others that were torn apart by greed and envy. Hannibal thought that he could convert the other Italic city-states to his cause during the Second Punic War. He was wrong, and Rome destroyed Carthage and became the only empire of the Mediterranean.

Source your quotes

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

swickles posted:

Honest question, is there something prohibiting them from using the Bears stadium for a few years? That seems like such an obvious solution.

New Trier is more likely, honestly

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Radia posted:

nooo. I already had an arrogant michigan alumni one though I guess it's lost. Lemme think about it for a bit - I really do already have 2 natty shirts and (finally!!) a Blake Corum Rose Bowl jersey.

Where’d you get the Corum jersey? I want a Sainristil one for my wife.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Roasted Donut posted:

fuckin thing SUCKS

swickles posted:

No, I want my weird shirts and giant rear end signs that look like the Zodiac Killer designed them.

:yeah:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

harperdc posted:

Justin Wilcox supposedly being a target this last time, and deciding to stay with Cal because ?????

Also which Florida bailer, we’ve had two :v:

Seriously, getting turned down by a dude to stay at Cal was one of the more low key humiliating Oregon carousel moments.

The coaching carousel can’t hurt me now that we’ve figured out how to compensate coaches using options, right?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm partial to the 1959-1068 "bear acting like a Halloween cat decoration" logo

all of these are significantly better than the current one

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Jeremor posted:

Has anybody pickled red onions before? Youtube decided I'm going to watch videos on it now, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look tasty as all hell.

Also, might be taking my wife to her first football game this season. Wondering if i should try for a big game to let her see a good atmosphere, or a cupcake so it's not so intimidating.

Atmosphere is what makes the sport. Not sure id start with like, The Game but don’t go to a cupcake

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern’s presumed starter at QB Brendan Sullivan transferred to Iowa (lmao). Sullivan can run and sort of throw but I don't think this is going to make Iowa a powerhouse offensively.

Northwestern got grad transfer QB Mike Wright from Vandy.

I guess Cade McNamara is perpetually hurt so they need someone to step in when he inevitably goes down with a season-ending injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Iowa definitely made sense because Cade is a prototypical Game Manager. He's not gonna set the world on fire but he could rack up some wins taking care of the football at a place like Iowa (in theory) and people would make excuses for his performance because of how bad and badly coached their offense is.

I think that was the theory, anyway.