Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

the most annoying possible end to the college football season

Quoted for truth.

Can the NCAA vacate a championship in a playoff that they do not control? That seems unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Derek Dooley???

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Is Michigan just going to promote someone if Harbaugh leaves?

I would imagine they give it to Sherrone Moore at this stage.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sirotan posted:

I feel like somebody from Raygun must be following this thread. Show yourself, coward

https://www.raygunsite.com/products/insufferable-michigan-fan

I am looking at all the official merch for the Rose Bowl and natty and it is all just so, so bad. Starting to consider bootleg gear just to get something that looks decent and isn't a bunch of word salad: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1635070590/2024-michigan-rose-bowl-shoulder-patch

Much better than the weirdly fascist coded shirts they all wear that just say "HAIL."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dillon Johnson declared for the draft, so no reconnection with Will Rogers for him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1745876659763642588?t=WwButmZu_qZsWEyUgKzOeg&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Omnikin posted:

Couple minutes to prove it for Bear Bryant's Burner Baby

Isn't Alabama in Central time?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Well it was a fun two years bandwagoning the Huskies. At least my lifelong team made a hire that seems good! Maybe UW can poach Leipold or something. I imagine keeping Grubb and promoting him is not an option.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wonder how many Bama people think he’s a FRAUD that got EXPOSED last week and thus a bad hire.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He’s from South Dakota, he probably doesn’t love big city life on the coast.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

UW has a weirdo regional advantage of a pipeline of religious Pacific Islanders, it’s honestly a very underrated thing.

Is UW's advantage there more significant than the rest of the coastal schools? Big rear end Polynesian dudes are/were a staple of the whole Pac-12 and Mountain West in my estimation.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is Washington the only school that has gone 12-0 and 0-12 as a power conference team? I know not many have done the latter at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Actually I think they’re the only team to go 0-12 as a P5 in general. Lots of horrible squads have still had some creampuff on their schedule but UW’s OOC was BYU, Oklahoma and Notre Dame! Insane work by the AD.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ah I forgot Kansas had a winless season in there and not just a bunch of 1-11s.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Twinkie Czar posted:

. Has anyone made a worthwhile documentary about the Ellis Johnson experience?

It’s just a slideshow of GD_American posts from that era.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

I will never understand why like every team uses TEAM VS EVERYBODY.

Yes, that's the basic concept behind team sports. It isn't WWII and the Big Ten is not the Allies.

Athletes all do the Michael Jordan made up adversity thing as a motivator now. Remember 2022 champion Georgia saying nobody believes in them because some writers thought their massive production loss meant they might lose one game?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Didn't he say he was entering the draft like two weeks ago?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Fisch would be a good hire. The twitter rumor of Pete Carroll would not.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys know people don't just automatically leave for their alma mater every time it opens right?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Remembering when people thought Mark Dantonio would leave for South Carolina.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He also has proven track record in the league.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Komet posted:

1. It's really weird to announce you've interviewed a candidate unless that candidate has accepted the job. The Chargers look stupid if he doesn't take it.

2. Man, that sucks for Arizona. They need to bring in some temporary retread coach like Lovie Smith just to try to stabilize things for a year or two.

It does seem like a bad sign that the Arizona program was collapsing to some degree before Fisch even left, so I'm not sure that bodes well for Washington.

Not really sure how guy going from 1 to 5 to 10 wins at a dead end program that was apparently quarter billion in debt is a negative for UW.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Komet posted:

In theory an NCAA game could be a big NIL equalizer in that you can throw a little money at every player in college football to use their real name, finally. However, by my calculation, there are around 11,000 scholarship players in FBS.

I think the plan is still $500 and a copy of the game for everyone.

I wonder who they’ll get for announcers. I imagine Fowler and Herbstreit are a target. Sean McDonough would be great too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Did they say they're doing all of D1 for the game? Could easily see them sticking to just the power 4.

They're doing all of FBS. Not sure about FCS.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Matt Brown is the person to follow if you want to know what's going on with the game. Follow up here from an actual EA person.
https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1747347077875568856?s=20

https://twitter.com/jrese_original/status/1747349148607864858?s=20

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not going to lie—I’m going to kind of miss the qb#7 stuff.

It was fun to manually name guys of note (I would look at who got drafted and such). If a dude had a name you knew he was good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm thinking MSU dynasty under real life conferences, random mercenary coach in conferences to my liking.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bama Rush could’ve been interesting but the filmmaker decided to make it about her struggles with having alopecia instead of about what those rushes were doing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

More playoff level than 2/3 of the other playoff teams

Think he meant 2022 there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There’s still no source besides Outkick. The Detroit papers aren’t running anything yet.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

This is somewhat self-fulfilling, is it not? Those schools get all of the prime viewership slots.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I just don’t understand football coach mindset sometimes. I get that it’s not easy to be good on both sides of the ball and that they win games anyway, but why do some coaches refuse to even try? Iowa has had teams that would be national title contenders if they had even an average offense. They always have dudes in the trenches and often even some decent skill guys. Why is it bad to try to break 20 points per game? Why did Narduzzi blow up an offense that won him a conference title?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

That’s not what I’m saying at all, but his commitment to depressing his fanbase is hilarious.

Iowa fans buy into it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How many NFL teams even are there that don't have an Alabama guy on their roster?

That stat is also kind of annoying because touchdown passes don't count (I understand why, but you know what I mean). Bart Starr and Ken Stabler certainly must have done that much.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If the Lions had made it :( there was a good chance of Gibbs or Jameson Williams breaking that streak.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GD_American posted:

Bart Starr then, who had TD passes in Super Bowl I and II and finished his degree before going pro.

Now tell me throwing TDs isn't scoring.

It feels weird but ultimately it would be like crediting a basketball player with points for an assist.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/FosterThePrson/status/1753619313125146948?t=XXPqk02VYTscbd_NLt1c5g&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why would Chip give up a head coaching job for a college OC position in the conference he is about to join?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

Remembering some guys: Big 12 edition:

Aso Pogi
Charles Gordon
Samir Al-Amin
Terrance Kiel
Craig Ochs
Bethel Johnson
Paul Thompson
Todd Blythe
Justin Gage
Quan Cosby
Terrence Parks
Sammy Davis
Bobby Purify
Maurice Purify
BJ Symons

Darcel McBath
Tony Temple
Teddy Lehman
Rashaun Woods
Lache Seastrunk
Shock Linwood
Ell Roberson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

The gently caress did I miss? :catstare:

This pretty respected Chemical Engineering prof got caught loving his dog last year and begged the cops to kill him.