Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2024/01/09/industry-source-to-brett-mcmurphy-kansas-basketball-cheats-more-than-anyone/

it’s been one day of the offseason and it’s already time to change the title

quote:

The only pure thing in college athletics is Vanderbilt, and Vanderbilt sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

anything cool happen today

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

he's from south dakota, cowboy culture would dictate he's probably at least had some sort of ground hominy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

they still have options; fisch, klieman, maybe an nfl guy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

More like needs a QB who will get him the ball without him having to go Randy Moss to go get it.

oh he picked the wrong qb then

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Edna Mode posted:

The feelings of betrayal and misery caused by your coach leaving can only be alleviated by doing it to another team's fanbase.

well arizona doesn't have much of a fanbase per se,

(sorry rick)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

*has always worked since college football began

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

well, do you think he's leaving after that

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

protip: try not to do rapes

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

reopen the transfer portal, it's only fair

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

She was clear about why that happened. They shut her out pretty hard.

making it a personal story rather than a fly on the wall thing was probably a mistake as it has one foot in both camps and succeeds at neither

anyways lmao alabama's gonna be so fuckin bad next season

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

dirty shrimp money posted:

Guess he’s following Bill O’Brien to Ohio State

Which btw I absolutely cannot believe they’re letting BOB call plays. Is Ryan Day trying to get his buyout this year?

rees was the oc for bama last year, not bob

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

there's no good time for the stalinesque figure holding the empire together to retire

e: to be clear i'm agreeing with fluffdaddy, i'm just saying the transfers and bleeding are inevitable

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Raku posted:

You also gotta remember that Alabama will start poaching other teams back when the portal reopens. And that the starting 22 (projected) still has more five stars than most conferences and only one three star.

also ryan williams (who decommitted from alabama like a week ago because of saban) went on an official visit today to alabama

it’s too soon to tell what alabama is going to look like under deboer

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This is extremely weird

Is there a way to mesh triple option and air raid together

yes

go-go offense, willie fritz's system, and jamey chadwell uses some veer formations with crossing concepts that aren't dissimilar from mesh

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

niumatolo wasn't hired to do that though, which is stupid

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

All y’all posting like they’re promoting some second year coordinator nobody knows rather than the guy who literally was hc on the field for half the games this year.

who is posting like that

are the posters in the room with us

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

a few things to keep in mind:
-he used an alias
-he was let out on $6000 bond
-8900 bets is a lot of betting for one human being to the point where someone would have noticed it at LSU at the time

my guess is that a bunch of underage players were using a single alias to gamble under and that boutte is the tip of the iceberg

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

act like you've won a championship in the past 20 years michigan fans jeez

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

average drew brees fan

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

but only on scrambles, and not designed runs

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it hurts their ability to negotiate in the future so it's normal to ask that kind of information not be revealed to the public (and more specifically to other conferences/networks)

all the parties at trial will have access provided that it's necessary, it's just not being revealed to the public

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Adun posted:

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/1753924127377838143?s=20

Hahahahahah

Anyways filings are all kinda whatever but it’s funny to read this vs the tone of the plaintiff’s filing

ncaa might've actually cooked with this one tbh but that just means that tennessee is going to have to write their next brief with both hands on the keyboard instead of tending to their rage boner

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

Did that Alabama OC go back to Seattle? That was also short lived.

not officially, someone said it was possible the seahawks would hire him and everyone just agreed to act like it had already happened

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why would Chip give up a head coaching job for a college OC position in the conference he is about to join?

ucla stink

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Manoueverable posted:

Oh Jesus are we really hiring Belichick's son as DC? :laffo:

i'd be more concerned about crootin than scheme

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s an extremely weird thing because that’s not what the NIL is supposed to be. That’s a loan without interest

they do these sorts of deals with baseball prospects all the time

they're hosed Up and Insanely Predatory and the people/places that do them bank on most of them not having long sports careers and being able to sink their claws in a few before they get challenged in court

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it is funny when big institutional powers do it to themselves, though

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Yeah that's what makes Ohio State so infuriating as a rival - I don't think they've had a truly bad season in my lifetime. Maybe the one Fickell year but there's a pretty big caveat to that (plus they almost beat Michigan that year anyway). And then they immediately picked up Urbz! Where is their RichRod moment?

Ugh, I can see it.

nfl guys don't go down to college if they think they can still get an nfl job. joe brady and todd monken made the trip down because they weren't moving up in the nfl ranks to OC positions (or in monken's case being offered the chance to coach talented teams at OC) where they got to show off what they could do with nfl talent. vrabel is waiting for an nfl job and i think he'd sooner take an nfl dc job than the hc position at ohio state

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

yea they're going the Miss St after Leach died route

just give someone internally the job for a year and reset at a better time in the cycle

i think this is accurate, especially when ucla announced that they'd have a new hire within the week upon chip leaving

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

sorry hope you enjoy paying $12.99 a month so you can see #12 smu get fuckin ethered by #5 penn state at 4 pm on a thursday exclusively on fox sports

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it's okay to have a little harm to establish a smidge of A3 standing, nbd

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

drewhead posted:

I got this a couple weeks ago.

Some dude on our Rivals board put together this nearly 300 page illustrated history of BBQ, restaurants, and recipes in South Carolina. There are like 27 recipes for hash alone! AFAIK that is a South Carolina thing.
I know it's popular to argue about BBQ here in terms of monolithic States, but the truth in SC is more nuanced as I expect it is everywhere.

This is super cool and I can't imagine the time it took to do this. The story of getting this published and the saga of following the box container across the Pacific to Charleston SC alone was almost worth the purchase price.

Now back to the Nitty Lion dog-pile.

this is really cool, is there a link where i can purchase the insane sc bbq manifesto

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

that's the madden nomenclature so we're still on pace

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Pac 2 finally fired Kliavkoff

well, i can understand why they might feel his job performance has been underwhelming

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

come join goonleague m'lords

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i think it's more about the pac 2 having to make decisions about the playoff format and not wanting to have kliavkoff in the driver's seat for those discussions since he's hosed it so badly

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tbf they lost to a team without a head coach

one could argue that losing to a team without a head coach is something only elite programs do in other sports

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

honestly that fuckin owns

"not many line judges could've spotted the ball on fourth down, but i did"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

texas a&m but put it in indiana