Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Congrats to Michigan, now make room for a 3-loss SEC team to win the natty next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

AD Mitchell is going pro and his Players' Tribune thing is very sweet.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

So far this offseason, the Cocks have suffered some unfortunate transfer portal losses but also got some big transfer portal wins; plan to roll out a intriguing but raw underclassman quarterback next year; and once again have a top-10 hardest schedule in 2024. Feels like it's gonna be another year of improved play on the field that doesn't translate to the record, which likely results in missing a bowl again despite promising flashes here and there. This program is very much stuck in neutral right now, and like other fans in this thread, I am extremely thankful I'm not living or dying by what my alma mater is doing.

great news!

https://x.com/GamecockCentral/status/1745095796498813257?s=20

views: I mean, the guy can recruit. That'll help you. But I suggest you keep a mile between him and playcalling.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'll just say this.

Coach K and Roy Williams retiring opened the door to greasy UCONN taking control of college basketball.

I don't know if we're quite prepared for Resurgent Auburn. It'll be like Marty waking up in alternate 1985.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Tag yourself. I’m Mike Shula at 28/1

Pat Shurmur bringing boring-rear end NFL journeyman talents to Tuscaloosa would be delightfully depressing

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-at-alabama-kalen-deboer-mike-norvell-tommy-rees-nick-saban

The backlash would make the Schiano-Tennessee poo poo look downright cordial lol

This can't be real. I am not nearly nice enough of a person to deserve Tommy Rees's Alabama Crimson Tide.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol the FSU stuff is off them recruiting Amarius Mims

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

trevorreznik posted:

My Bama alum brother in law said their next coach is going to be the Tim Floyd to Saban's Phil Jackson and I'm cackling

would only make sense if like Paul Bryant Jr. was the Bama AD and forced Saban out

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Weren't they a gnat's rear end away from firing him a couple years ago?

FSU sucked at the beginning of his time there, including losing to Jacksonville State, but my vibe check from Nole friends is that they understood the hole they were in

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

also I did have a slight twinge of relief when I saw Kirby boomer-dude-tweeting his various recruiting visits today

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Warbird posted:

Since you all seem to have opinions about places, someone find me some food BBQ in NC. I’ve eaten all over and have yet to find anything memorable. That’s not elitism either, it’s all been extremely mid at best and I’d murder for some good BBQ.

Wilber's Barbecue in Goldsboro
Clyde Cooper's in downtown Raleigh
Would've said Buxton Hall in Asheville because it's in the middle of the brewery district, but it closed :(

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://x.com/GeorgiaFootball/status/1746192431438258599?s=20

No, this doesn't mean UGA now has three defensive co-coordinators; Muschamp's moving back to an analyst role.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

2015 Kansas

Also from this article looks like we have an 0-12 season from Duke in 2006 and a number of 0-11 campaigns from them in the 80s and 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_college_football_winless_seasons

I watched 2000 Duke in person and that team would've gone 0-100 if they played that many games

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Imagine Georgia hiring Pruitt instead of Kirby when they fired Richt

:sigh:

Pruitt was Richt's DC when they fired Richt and there was no way they were gonna promote him

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Prime should get the same Sports Illustrated AI that named him Sportsman of the Year to come coach his defense

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sash! posted:

The school I got my Masters is one of those schools that people split into "before the time we made the Final Four" and "after the time we made the Final Four." Went from a commuter school to a regular university with dorms and everything in like five years.

go Mason

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Not bad, I guess, but not sure there's enough VORP there.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The “long suffering” stuff from UF fans is hard to swallow considering the amount of success they’ve enjoyed relatively recently.

since Urban's departure:

MUSCHAMP
2011: Sucked
2012: Super-flukey, super-manball, not aesthetically pretty but ended up with a Sugar Bowl
2013: Georgia Southern
2014: Sucked, though for whatever reason destroyed a very good Georgia team

MCELWAIN
2015: See 2012, only with a Citrus
2016: Won the East because UT blew it, dumptrucked by Bama in the SECCG
2017: Humped a shark

MULLEN
2018: Lost the one game they needed (Georgia)
2019: Lost the one game they needed (Georgia)
2020: Best offense evar undone by 1) Grantham; and 2) Shoe
2021: Forced to coach his own recruits, fired

NAPIER
2022: Sucked
2023: Sucked

Tebow's had like 8 careers since Florida was last elite. Gator fans are right to play the suffering card imo

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RC and Moon Pie posted:

He retired after the 2022 season. Uga XI (Boom Motherfucker) took over this year.

Uga X was 10 years old. Maybe they're finally improving the genetics.

and Uga IX, who wasn't inbred to Charles II levels and was allowed to have a brown spot or two, lived to be 11.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

probably the best UGA blogger ever has passed on.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lewis Grizzard died in ‘94 man

ok second best.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I always pictured Godfrey looking kinda like Matt Patricia for some reason and now need to recalibrate

None of the SZD guys look like they sound

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not on IG anymore but he’s a great follow for his Dad Stories and mailbag over like morning coffee on game days.

He’s a bit of a grouch but so am I. We are in pretty solid alignment and in similar life stages.

I've softened up on Godfrey, probably because 2022 UGA beat him into mewing submission, but I do still dislike this thing where they're doing the weekly rundown, Godfrey will allude to some AWESOME coach-bout-to-get-fired story that only the subscribers will have access to, and you, as a subscriber, then listen to the paid shows and he talks about how he just doesn't have time to cover it in detail. Dude I'm giving you money the whole "it's too complicated to talk about on the podcast" schtick sucks

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sash! posted:

Like 15 years ago, Indiana "hosted" Penn State at FedEx Field. It was a more a Penn State home game by any possible interpretation beyond who wore the color jersey.

in the early days of FSU in the ACC, they played "neutral" games against Duke in Jacksonville

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Warbird posted:

https://twitter.com/fox6hardison/status/1760399794512498694

mother gently caress

This hurts worse than Saban.

Bad move by Bama, no matter how it looks, throws, it's intercepted. Caught by the Bulldogs at the 20. Up the near side, 25, to the 50, to the 40. Down the near sideline, 20, to the 15, to the 10, to the 5, touchdown. Georgia. On their second interception of the night.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

I thought it was a spat with the UGA leadership and Vandiver that caused 85 to be up the road. It would be interesting to see how much, if any, extra growth Athens would have had with 85 instead of just 316. 316 just to be horrible. Straight like a highway but with stoplights. They are finally “raising” it and providing off-ramps to most of those stoplights so it doesn’t impede traffic.

I like how the Interstateification of 316 was The Plan when I was a student at UGA; I'm 41 years old now and it's, what, half done?

real Gs going from ATL -> ATH take 138 to Monroe

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://x.com/Trey2Triggerr/status/1764038699589812460?s=20

McConkey to the Chiefs seems kinda pre-ordained at this point

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

The Desantification of UF is really disheartening (also gently caress Ben Sasse) and I’m still pissed about New College.

I forget if I've asked this- since they've turned over New College with a new student body of "baseball players from right-wing Christian academies who'll do what Chris Rufo tells them to do," are they actually going to compete at the NCAA level in sports, or what

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

Go ahead and point to the year where Notre Dame's inclusion in the playoff field was questionable. With the possible exception of 2020-21, I don't think there was a single season where they made the 4-team playoff or BCS NCG where let's say, Virginia Tech wouldn't have been included with the same resume.

I think Notre Dame h8erz like myself think more drastically, as in – 2018 Notre Dame shouldn't have been invited, because gently caress em, everyone knew they were getting blown out.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

my conclusion remains that I'd take FSU more seriously here if they didn't make Jackson Muschamp look like Lamar Jackson; I get being dominated by UGA's starters but those dudes were loooooong gone. Also: just turn down the bid next time

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Has Saint Mary's ever done jack poo poo in the tournament? Feels like they're always over seeded especially if they beat Gonzaga during the season.

They knocked off 2-seeded Nova in the second round in....2011, I want to say?

Anyway, the Steven Godfreys of the world would have you believe that SEC fans are a Borg monolith chirping SEC SEC SEC and whatever talking points coming out of Birmingham HQ....and every time, I feel like they fundamentally do not understand us. Because I say to you now: loving LOL at Kentucky, Auburn, Florida, and Greg Sankey. Their pants-wetting defeats over the last two days have shone a sliver of sunlight on yet another crummy UGA hoops season.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quick heads up, Trevor: Athens has Uber

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Athens PD really likes arresting players at UGA

they should be arresting guys for stuff like this; it was the "jailed for Emerging from an Alley" era that was the issue

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Brock Bowers's latest sponsorship has Brock Bowers aesthetics

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5EykFyAKHl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

I think it’s kind of a zero-sum thing. The defense would still be good if they had a better offense that was actually geared towards scoring points, but I think the fact that the offense is geared towards ball control undoubtedly helps push the defense into elite territory (statistically speaking).

Iowa was 102nd in the nation in time of possession last season. (UGA was far and away #1, for what it's worth.)

I know it's not the end all be all, but it's a hallmark of a lovely offensive mindset that we're gonna be conservative and manly and exert our will and all that and then end up punting after 10 seconds of gametime.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

this dude ended up being right

https://x.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1779212816102170965

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol poo poo https://x.com/PFF_College/status/1779227089733886057

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dave Bliss getting 10 instead of "being in jail"

e: totally forgot John Blake died.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 24, 2024

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

That Arizona logo loving *slaps*.

I miss the McKale Center having it on the court.

Judgy Fucker posted:

How many of the schools represented in those throwback pics still make regular use of the “throwback” logo?

It's not on any of the uniforms but the old UGA logo is all over fan gear. I think the fanbase's feel for the circa 2013 Nike rebrand of everything is "it's fine," but you can't beat the classics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cincy should bring this one back