Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ol' Jimmy likes his BBQ dry and with milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Of all of Brian Kelly’s many sins (see: that time he killed some kids) this may rank among the most egregious (apart from the aforementioned manslaughters):

https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1744923767866794251

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Uh

Warbird
May 23, 2012

help

Warbird
May 23, 2012

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://youtu.be/ZkqZFEvCJ2c?si=SHvd4vAURb2Ikj4F

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Alaois posted:

where's Mike Shula

You shut right the gently caress up. Do not speak that into the world.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mrs. Terry to Bama

Warbird
May 23, 2012

BY GAWD THAT’S SARAH PATTERSON’S MUSIC

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m a bit shocked Eli Gold outlasted Sabes. Not upset about that of course.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Zwabu posted:

Why would Kirby leave Georgia for Bama?

Isn’t he in a situation where he is sitting at least as well or better than the Bama job?

Does Georgia lack anything that Bama has in terms of boosters with deep pockets, huge loyal fanbase that will travel, big university willing to shell out for state of the art facilities etc?

He is recruiting at the very top of the game, currently contending for the Natty every year, won it two out of the last 3 years and just missed this year by a hair, and it is a situation of his own making that he gets the credit for as opposed to stepping into Nick’s shadow.

In addition, his school’s home state is a bigger and more fertile recruiting ground than Alabama (I would assume just based on population).

I do not know Kirby’s bio though so I do not know if there are any history ties like Dabo having played for the Tide.

Our red is better than their red

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I hate everything, but the possibility of Saban running opposite of or even taking Tubb’s senate seat, albeit slight at best, is extremely funny to me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ha, the retirement just made the national news on CBS. That’s an impressive turnaround.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Raku posted:

Maybe he wants to wear a shade of red that doesn't make everything absolutely hideous

Edit: GODDAMMIT

Step up ya game

https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1745214278343266427

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Heupel to Bama would be extremely funny because gently caress the Vols.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Who the gently caress is Dan Lanning?

I. M. Gei posted:

This is the best day ever.

My volume is muted but I assume this is a drunk guy reacting to news that Saban is retiring?

You will show Willy the respect he deserves. He don’t give a piss bout nothing but the Tide and also occasionally America. I’m also not entirely clear on if he’s a character being played or not as the other fellow from the videos is a comedian.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

They should hire Dabo as he has fairly significant odds to be literally crucified when he goes 6-6 for two seasons. I think he’d be into that.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Canned Sunshine posted:

Hopefully it is just that he's tired of it all and doesn't like where the landscape is going, and while I'm happy that Saban won't be at Alabama, part of me is worried that it's for something else, like a medical reason.

Didn't Paterno retire and then died like weeks/months later? (though in his case, rest in piss)

The Bear was cold in the ground within 3 weeks of his last coached game.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 11, 2024

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wouldn’t entirely rule out the medical bit. The man does dip and that will catch up to you eventually. I think it’s far more likely that what we’ve been told is the fact of the matter though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Take the under like it was Iowa vs Iowa. The idiot they get may not survive the process.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

dirty shrimp money posted:

Like his spirit ever left. Who else could be Horace?

We are all Horace

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/cfbonfox/status/1745267113974247428

That’s actually an interesting idea. I don’t know about “goat edition” but it would be a neat gesture to match the changing times.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

Heard it was his wife’s health

God I hope not.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s bad enough that he’s leaving, it’s even worse if Mrs. Terry is in bad health.

C-Euro posted:

Asked my dad (Michigan State alum) how it feels to have seen Saban lose his final CFB game in-person, dad responds "Great! Good riddance mf'er". Some grudges never die.

I was at the 2011 Capital One Bowl and he can stay mad. Get rekt old man.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I kind of want us to get FSU's guy so people can be legit mad at us for ruining the program instead of ESPN.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/ssn_alabama/status/1745537551111197065

Thank goodness

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh hey, I got quoted in Ryan’s article: https://themessenger.com/sports/alabama-nick-saban-successor-lane-kiffin-deion-sanders

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Please tell me you were the Lane high school prom quote :perfect:

God I wish. I was the shitbird one for him. I’m a bit bummed that my “We have Kiffin at home” one for Deon didn’t make the cut.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What? That’s stupid. They’re stupid.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I'm real tempted to gen up a pic of DeBoer dressed in bama coach gear but not quite enough to be assed to go reinstall and set up all that horseshit.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

He looks vaguely displeased and angry so that seems like a decent culture fit.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Anyone got that tweet about the guy asking his wife to back the Rav 4 over him because of a football game? I tried digging it up and couldn't find it because that website is rear end.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Much obliged, thank you.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

DID YA THO

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39294498/deboer-negotiating-contract-alabama-replace-saban

Warbird
May 23, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

lol this is the fakest leak I've ever seen

I'm a bit shocked he didn't tweet it out on his own account.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

JoPa was an enabler of a serial pedofile and rightfully should be burning in hell. Then the duck says, “well then, got any grapes?”

Manoueverable posted:

Absolutely no shot we get anyone even halfway decent. We didn't even get a recruiting bump from how this season went, it needs to be rebuilt again now that everyone is leaving. I'd be shocked if we made a bowl game next year.

Legit offer, I have a Bama hat around here somewhere that’s brand new. If you ou want on the bandwagon it’s yours.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Also how the hell do you say his name?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Washington Huskies Coach Lane Kiffin

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Realtalk, I'm bummed for you husky fans. Also if this goober drops Georgia on his first game we will be soooooooo goddamn insufferable. You don't even know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

"Alabama is a bumfuck third world country with no redeeming qualities and consists mainly of a population that is beyond redemption" is sadly not a new or exciting take. poo poo, we've been in the news every week this year and it's all been non racist stuff. I'm just as surprised as anyone about that.