Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

harperdc posted:

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/football/report-oregon-coach-dan-lanning-currently-in-tuscaloosa

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

22-5 at Oregon in two seasons. Really hope the buyout scares them off. De Boer is right there without a contract extension!

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1745490162228805875?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

We have two titles

I guess Oregon has a few banners

How many coaches do you currently have?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Will Rogers back in the portal

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Washington wants a new coach by tonight. This should be fun.

The latest I've seen is Matt Campbell or maybe one of the coaches in Kansas. Fisch seems to be losing steam, Carrol may have been a fantasy. If only Jonathan Smith had waited a month.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Brennan seems fine for Arizona, which is exactly the same reaction I had when they hired Fisch

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
UW has to hope they get the last few UA coaches and start pulling some transfers

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

A Sneaker Broker posted:

UW doesn't have a QB right now.

Right and I think Fifita is still in play if they get the right coaches in

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Also saw that a handful of yesterday's portal entries went in before Brennan was hired but the paperwork was just submitted yesterday, so some might be withdrawing.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Did I miss that someone was just granted their 9th year of eligibility?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39337111/miami-te-cam-mccormick-granted-ninth-year-eligibility

I hope this guy is coming out with a fully paid for PhD.

Yes it was posted on this very page

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

A Sneaker Broker posted:

On3 says 2,229 players have entered the portal this transfer season. When the spring ball portal period opens, I expect that number to hit 3,500 with new entries and re-entries.

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/

You might be right, it was ~2/3 of total portal entries that occurred in the first window last year. The thing is most of the portal entries in April are end of roster types being processed more or less to make scholarship limits, most of the difference makers show up in the first window.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I knew he would be good if he ever learned to catch, I was bummed when he flipped from Oregon to ASU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Sounding like Bill O'Brien might be taking the HC job at BC?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Good article where top recruits anonymously discuss NIL-

https://247sports.com/article/how-r...more-226740097/

A lot of this won't come as a surprise but it's interesting to hear some perspectives directly from the kids involved.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oh drat thank you for that heads up, love RB

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'm already much happier not dealing with NFL OT rules

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

P Sure UCLA is also financially in a huge hole which is part of why they pushed to get into the B1G early so they'd be able to start paying off their debts with those fat checks. I'm sure they could have spent money, but why when you are assuredly going to be very meh in your new conference for a while anyway. Just eat the bad records until you have the actual financial ability to compete.

Still a terrible look.

This seems accurate, and good luck to UCLA convincing whatever legit HC option you go after next that this time you're actually serious about committing to the program.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah but your ascendancy as a program has matched with the NIL era and excitement around Heupel.

We’ve been stagnant for 14-15 seasons and there’s just no excitement for the future right now.

There’s a Gator podcast I listen to from time to time and they had Spencer Hall on as a guest and he basically roasted the entire athletic department and referred to 24 as a lame duck year. Said there was no good news unless there’s the turnaround of all time turnarounds but there’s no evidence Napier can coach his way out of it. It’s just how it is and the tenor is loving bleak right now.

Happy for all of you who get the feast on the bones, for now (and the foreseeable future) I guess.

So did Lagway get the majority of the NIL pool or does he just really love UF?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Surely this will be the final straw for Dabo

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Warbird posted:

This is very funny but I have utterly no idea who that is. In that whatshisface what kept snapping the ball all stupid?

No, this is the 5* kid who started at left tackle as a freshman last year

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

harperdc posted:

I’ve generally liked Oregon scheduling one OOC game as a marquee, and one against like a MWC team or something, and every other year playing the FCS commuter school that is Portland State.

I guess now I have to say OOC we have to add the Oregon State game to that list :smith:

It still doesn’t feel real that my conference is dead and we’re playing all those Other Side of the Rose Bowl teams in-conference next year, so it’s hard to say what PAC-10/12 games otherwise I’d want to keep. Wazzu if we never have to go to Pullman, Utah, maybe Cal or Stanford…but those were always based on the team at the time, not as fundamental as playing little brother in Corvallis or the Huskies.

I'd like to see Oklahoma as a regular OOC game for Oregon to regularly clarify the UO/OU thing for people

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

General Dog posted:

The only reason I can think of that the 4 west coast teams don’t functionally form a pod where they all play each other every year is that USC didn’t want it to happen and wouldn’t support Washington and Oregon’s entry if they had to play them every year. Maybe that’s actually on the record, I can’t remember. Isn’t the whole point of the “Flex Protect Plus” model that they’re just going to do what makes sense, symmetry be damned?

Yeah I really thought the west coast pod would absolutely be a thing in order to limit travel somewhat

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Ohio State hired Carlos Locklyn away from Oregon to be the RB coach.

Sorry, Ducks, I guess?

He's a good coach, really emphasizes ball security and Oregon has been one of the top teams in that category the past few years. Kind of an old school hard rear end type of coach which really works with most of the kids he coaches but a few of the "softer" ones might start eyeing the portal if they can't deal with it. Curious how he'll get along with Chip.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

This seems incredibly unsurprising?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/1781366132739391925

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I see Deion's been having a normal one on twitter the past couples days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi