Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Sash! posted:

I've lived in DC for almost 15 years and the general consensus is there is no Mexican food in DC. If I'm traveling in the US, it tends to other places in the East that aren't exactly hotspots of the cuisine (like New York).

As much as I miss Houston food, DC has probably the best Peruvian and Salvadoran (pupusas!) food in the country

Hell, I moved up to Columbia Heights and there's very good Mexican here - Tequila y Mezcal and Taqueria Habanero are both very solid choices. I've also heard good things about El Chucho, but haven't been able to eat there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Thermos H Christ posted:

As dumb as I think that particular form of message board posturing is, you kinda gotta love a game where the hate between the teams is that pure and goes to such petty extremes. But it is exclusively on message boards, the fans in general have always wanted that game back. Even if both teams are bad the demand for tickets is probably going to be craziest Kyle Field has seen since the JFF v. Bama rematch. If the game has a chance of making or breaking a playoff bid for either team, it’s going to be flat out insane.

I think I've said this before, but the "hate" really is limited to message boards; I went to the 2009 game at Kyle Field (where Colt played out of his mind) and there were plenty of Texas fans in our student section.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

A Sneaker Broker posted:

https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1780779070357156248

Whichever school can take this kid and nurse him back to 100% health, they will get an absolute unit.

He should've never left Houston - he could've been a draft pick without transferring. Oh well