Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah but saban has a system and infrastructure built over decades. They probably dont want someone unfamiliar with it. Jimbo built it at fsu as far as our money could do it, kirby modernized uga, etc.

Georgia should take back Richt and give South Carolina the Kirby Smart we deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Technowrite posted:

DABO SWINNEY COME ON DOWNNNNNNNN

and get the gently caress out of South Carolina forever.

Please this. I can't imagine him having to talk to Peewee when Tyler from Spartanburg almost gave him a seizure. Get the gently caress out of my state Dabo.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Warbird posted:

Heupel to Bama would be extremely funny because gently caress the Vols.

I made this joke earlier, it's probably the only funnier option to me than Dabo because Tennessee would absolutely lose their minds. The fallout from just Lane Kiffin was amazing.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Bama also doesn't have the absolutely insane institutional advantages that like OSU, Texas, or even USC has. It's not a constantly de facto powerhouse regardless of results. They're closer to Tennessee where they're always gonna be in the mix and they've got a lot of dedicated alums/boosters but its not a given that they're just one decent coach away from perennial contender.

I think it may be a stretch to say the team with the most national championships in the poll era doesn't have the institutional advantages of OSU, Texas or USC.

Azrial fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 11, 2024

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Warbird posted:

They should hire Dabo as he has fairly significant odds to be literally crucified when he goes 6-6 for two seasons. I think he’d be into that.

That doesn't sound like the appreciation is there, and he doesn't coach unless there's appreciation.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don't! Having two historic coaches doesn't mean its a place some dipshit NFL QB coach can just plug and play (like Day at OSU) nor does it have the natural recruiting advantages or money the others have

Are you a time traveler from 2007? Have you watched a Texas or USC game for the last 15 years outside of Texas this year?

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Raku posted:

Tbqh probably because his wife told him to

It was Peewee.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Rectal Placenta posted:

I was led to believe it was a broken heart.

What's the O/U on Saban's replacement, like 2.5 years?

I would take the under.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Warbird posted:

Take the under like it was Iowa vs Iowa. The idiot they get may not survive the process.

I mean they aren't going to hire Schiano. Love you Tennessee.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Is it possible to short Billy Napier?

I mean Mark Stoops should have better odds. That's so strange he and Dooley are on the list.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

dirty shrimp money posted:

I don't understand the argument for getting Clemson into the SEC, but then here's Oklahoma.

I don't get the appeal of Clemson either at this point. Has everyone in the SEC looked at their new schedules they are murder gauntlets. A 7-5 Clemson is not drawing a lot of eyeballs after a few years. They are such a beneficiary of their schedule, it's actually going to be a huge blow to them having the ACC collapse.

I eagerly await the Clemson fan to correct me on this matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

a neat cape posted:

What if we abolished conferences

We sort of are, just one conference at a time.