Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Tennessee started plugging holes in the secondary today with a Cornerback out of the Transfer Portal

Vols, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

:byewhore:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dabo’s time to shine, rolltiahahahahah

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

i may have already queued up rocky top and dixieland delight on my spotify

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Deion Sanders is a lovely person and I think it would be hilarious if he took Bama to 4-8 next year

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

He doesn't need NIL money, can live in Austin and is basically guaranteed to get some play next year and then have the reigns for 2-3 after that. If he hits the portal he's a dumb dumb. As long as the path to starting is clear more guys need to stick around.

I really doubt Arch Manning completes his college education

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lmaoooo

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Incredible that arguably the biggest college football coaching job comes available, and nobody loving wants it, lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

lmao its gonna end up bring dabo

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Probably regional biases on how things should be made or prepared

My father was aghast that I wanted to smoke a turkey for thankgiving instead of baking it in the oven because that’s how they always did it growing up

See now in west Tennessee all we did was smoke them birds

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Inject this Bama whining into my veins

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

If you are generating money for a corporation through labor, you should be paid for your labor. I don’t care if you play quarterback at Michigan or are a backup on the track team at Austin Peay.

Pay workers. If they had done so properly first, their programs wouldn’t be collapsing every other year.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

College football players need to be paid for their labor but this argument sort of falls apart when you consider a whole bunch of other college sports that cost more than they make. If the kids on the badminton team or whatever were being paid based on the value of their labor they’d owe the school money.

The big money college sports simply exist in a different world than all of the other college sports but need to be treated the same to comply with basic notions of fairness. The only solutions to the problem are going back to the days when we pretended they were amateurs and penalized them for taking money to get Taco Bell, or split them off into essentially a semi pro league and do away with the entire fiction that they’re student athletes. But turning them from de facto professionals into actual professionals sure isn’t going to make the issues with roster churn and competitive imbalance any better.

I think a lot of fans who were theoretically in favor of more player agency and players getting paid for the value their labor creates are now realizing that these things fundamentally change the sport in ways they don’t like and are trying to find a way to unring the bell, but only halfway. Which I sympathize with, but I don’t think there’s any way to square the circle of “paid amateur professional student athletes with the same freedom to choose where they go as coaches have but also teams must be able to maintain stable rosters and 3rd parties shouldn’t be able to induce players to leave with money.”

Sash! posted:

Pretty sure this guy isn't generating a fraction of a cent

a massive percentage of corporations in all manner of industries are operating at a constant loss and still paying their workers, even if they have forty divisions and only one happens to turn a profit (or none, even, in the case of something like warner bros.)

when you see a problem of payment for labor and start to rationalize why the millionaires and billionaires at the top can’t possibly pay their water polo players or whatever even just minimum wage, you are doing too much for them.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Nashville-native 5* QB George MacIntyre committed to Tennessee over Bama today

Vols, bitch

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Boy could throw a ball over them mountains though

Yeah he just couldn’t hit the mountain

I’m excited that Tennessee has the QB situation wrapped up with 5 stars for the nest four years, barring disaster. Hopefully they can sort out the secondary.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

auburn must have made it bc they play so many of those other teams

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

theyre not gonna do poo poo, op

vols by fifty

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah I’m thinking Tennessee is confident they’re in the right here lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Mega64 posted:

We were deprived of Vols Legend Super Bowl MVP Juaun Jennings.

this hurt me

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nashville is defined by having the roads designed for about 100,000 people not a million. and now since the snow storm, the potholes!

it is the loving worst experience ive ever had behind the wheel

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

well at least there’s one incoming professional footballsman who doesn’t need to worry about brain trauma

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

As someone who has played a good amount of the last three Madden’s in a row, they’ve gotten much more stable performance/glitch-wise as this generation has gone on. I would be totally stoked if College Football 25 is just Madden 24 with the college assets and music.

Also bonus: surely there’s no MUT in EACF to have to navigate around just to play my fuckin’ franchise mode.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Spacebump posted:

lame. I hope this doesn't become more common.

Don’t worry, folks probably won’t mind their team’s backup qbs being MIA.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tennessee had a massive influx of hispanic folks over the past 10-15 or so years. South Nashville was a center of awesome food trucks/stands when I lived there. It’s a genuine letdown when we travel somewhere and want Mexican food, I don’t know how people live without it.

Most restaurants still offer the Americanized versions of whatever tex-mex people typically expect but it’s still head and shoulders above the poo poo we’d get when I was a kid. And you can find the genuine articles more readily available than you can other places.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah this will be the year of the ps5 for me. So it’s fully backward compatible? I thought about switching to Xbox over it, but that may be enough to keep me sucked in.

I think there's literally like a handful of games that don't work in backwards compatibility, but yeah, it's also pretty much a ps4

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

oh no, he'll never be able to show his face in iowa again

anyway,

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Agreed. Kadyn Proctor rolled into Iowa, stole a couple million, then rolled out.

Lol yeah that owns

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Komet posted:

While we are at it, put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame

Hell yeah now we’re talking

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Seaniqua posted:

I missed logo chat but someone earlier ITT mentioned that Cincy's logo has never looked like an actual bearcat, so I googled it, and lol

bearcats are real?

i thought this was a drop bear situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Sash! posted:

"Number of guys that went in the draft" is one of those things that I never see the value in. Everyone with more than five guys drafted will be in exactly the same spot in two or three years: a player or two that worked out and a herd of guys that fell out of the bottom of the practice squad.

seems like it would be a good selling point in recruitment

“we’ll put you in the nfl”