Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Leaving work early just to listen to Finebaum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Doronin posted:

Bama actually agreed to terms with Rich Rodriguez but Paul Finebaum talked poo poo about his wife on air and they reneged on the deal. Ah, the good ol' days.

lol oh my god. The power of WJOX

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

You guys are acting like the dudes making $100-200k

i know enough people to fill up a hand who "home base" in small towns and just get on their global express or gulfstream or whatever and get whatever experience they want and get back in the afternoon. they don't have the same lifestyle most of us on here do

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
BBQ chat and we're not even a week into the offseason!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
What does Pitbull need with a quarterback?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

pillsburysoldier posted:

So the 12 team championship game would be around now, ya? Or will there be an extra week between semi finals and the finals?

The final game is 1 year from now. Lol that it will be on inauguration day.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did Will Muschamp cause the “Head Coach in Waiting” official title to never be tried again?

Like a special uniform jinx but for the whole sport

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thermos H Christ posted:

Coal chat, mostly

:coal:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thermos H Christ posted:

Connecticut barbecue

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rules for thee, not for me.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

Being in the Whack rear end Big 12 and it not even saving Arizona from hurtling towards the Jr leagues is a double blow but what're you gonna do.

Arizona to hire AD Desireé Reed-Francois amid budget woes.

Welp. She seemed good at Mizzou (not great) and but it's hard to argue with helping get football and NIL rolling. It's hard to feel good about someone leaving your SEC job for a school with a $175mm shortfall or whatever.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is a very nice perk to keep the Big 12, ACC, and American together.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

Vitello is a beast

:cry:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Media Days is stupid but it's all we've got through the summer. They just announced when people will go:

quote:

MONDAY, July 15

LSU - Brian Kelly

Ole Miss - Lane Kiffin

South Carolina - Shane Beamer

Vanderbilt - Clark Lea

TUESDAY, July 16

Georgia - Kirby Smart

Missouri - Eliah Drinkwitz

Oklahoma - Brent Venables

Tennessee - Josh Heupel

WEDNESDAY, July 17

Alabama - Kalen DeBoer

Florida - Billy Napier

Mississippi State - Jeff Lebby

Texas - Steve Sarkisian

THURSDAY, July 18

Arkansas - Sam Pittman

Auburn - Hugh Freeze

Kentucky - Mark Stoops

Texas A&M - Mike Elko

Tuesday should be especially fun

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

Also lol at Steve spurrier publicly being like “I don’t know what the gently caress up with the gators”

Yeah that was kinda :stare: but hell it’s likely going to be really tough along with that schedule next year for the Gatas. Like Napier lost a bet with the league office.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

I had three burgers while I was in Switzerland:

The Beau-Rivage Palace in Lausanne. This one feels like cheating because literally everything I ate there was practically the best version of it possible.

Funky Claude's Bar in the Hotel Fairmont Le Montreux Palace. They were very simple mini burgers, but I could have eaten a thousand of them. I'll admit that I only half remember this because it was during the jazz festival and I was already drunk.

Holy Cow in Zürich. It is my understanding that there are a number of these. It was more in line with a fast causal restaurant and when put in that context, it was definitely better than what you'd get in the same kind of place in the US. The only place that seems to actually know what barbecue sauce is in the whole of Europe. It was during Züri Fäscht, so getting anything to eat in the first place felt like an achievement.

I went to write some of these places down on a someday-maybe list and I realized I have Beau-Rivage hotel already on my Switzerland list, because you posted about it some time ago. Do not let me down Sash!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

doesn't FOX have big 10, big 12, and MWC football only though?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

If you're south of the Ohio and east of the Mississippi, you must be in the SEC going forward

Missouri itself is the compromise

edit: didn't read the quote correctly but i'll leave it.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

trevorreznik posted:

I didn't realize it was as big a deal as it is, wiki says there's 78 div 1 teams. I assumed it was like mens gymnastics (12 div 1 teams) or rugby which I assume is about the same.

I didn’t think there were a lot of wrestlers on a D I team. So ends up not being a lot of student athletes.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

Iowa State plays 9 conference games and we still play Iowa every year. I'd have to lose the Iowa game, even if it means we essentially never play any other P5 teams, but I don't really care, I'd rather keep the Iowa game. It's our last rivalry game still around since Mizzou left for the SEC. Frankly, I don't see why Kentucky couldn't keep it up. They really want to replace it with like a MAC or Sun Belt team?

I don't miss games in Ames in late November, but I do miss throwing this thing out on the field to be won:

(the other side of the phone is black and gold)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I only know that word from the mighty ducks

same, I had to read that post and say "oh that's what one-two-three triple deke means"

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mizzou expected to hire Memphis' Laird Veatch to be their next Athletic Director after Desiree Reed-Francis went to Arizona 9 weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1782501323902013647

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

SEC Throwback Logos.

Auburn, LSU and Mizzou apparently hired the same person to make their logos at some point.

Perhaps Texas, too.

This Vols logo is amazing. How throwback is it? It feels like a late '60s early '70s one to me but probably way older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah pickled onions own no matter the type.