Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dude has nothing left to prove and clearly has a distaste for the direction of CFB with NIL and the weird new conferences. Good way to go out with pundits calling this year his best actual coaching job to get the team an SEC title and another playoff opportunity despite their myriad issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

So do we think Arch hops in the portal or trusts that Quinn will get hurt as usual?

He doesn't need NIL money, can live in Austin and is basically guaranteed to get some play next year and then have the reigns for 2-3 after that. If he hits the portal he's a dumb dumb. As long as the path to starting is clear more guys need to stick around.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

I really doubt Arch Manning completes his college education

I would bet big he's got a degree in 3 since a guy like him probably will stick around all summer and get extra credits in. Will it be a meaningful degree? Who knows, but I'd be surprised if he finishes his college playing career without a degree.

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah with Maalik Murphy transferring out, the path is clear for him.

Bingo.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh there’s 100% some OC looking at Milton with hearts in his eyes going “I can fix him”

I fully expect his pro day or combine to be stellar and him get drafted higher than he should

Yeah it's this. He got closer to being an actual QB but he never really fully got there from an NFL perspective, and despite his measurables he's not really much of a rushing threat beyond falling forward to get the first in a pinch.

Dude is going to go somewhere 3-5 but I think his actual performance doesn't warrant more than round 5± or udfa as a grade.

He isn't broken (to be fixed) per se, I just think he is what he is and is basically maxed out already from a processing perspective which won't get easier in the NFL

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Gonz posted:

unless the school President and AD can use dark Sith magicks to convince Bill Belichick to be the next great Michigan Man.

This is maybe the worst idea ive ever heard. Belicheck would be an awful college coach, dude does not play nice with folks there is no way he'd mesh with ego inflated selfish teens and young adults. The recruiting would drive him insane I bet. I think there are dudes that could go down to college and do it well (John Harbaugh, I bet Tomlin could crush it), but not Belicheck.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

swickles posted:

Tomlin would crush it as a college coach for sure, but I think the constant recruitment is what really prevents that direction since salaries are about equal at the top ends of each.

100% the NFL coaching schedule is way way nicer than the college coaching schedule. NFL coaches get a few months off each year, CFB coaches are on nearly 24/7/365 its insane. If you're the coach one of the best franchises in the NFL (tomlin for sure is) I really can't see a compelling reason to want to go coach college ball, mostly it just seems that whoever goes up and fails jus settle back down, but if you can stick in the NFL most coaches seem like they'd prefer to be there.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Komet posted:

Iowa would be a lot more interesting if they ran the triple option.

It kind of surprises me that he hasn't just gone that route, he does not care for the forward pass so like why even bother just run a scheme based entirely around corn fed fullbacks. Worked for nebraska for a long time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Smoky dog should eat those reports and poo poo em right out on the NCAA lawn. Cause he's a good dog.

Anything related to NIL is a dead end with no teeth because the NCAA has vociferously said "we ain't touchin that" from their end for enforcement imo. I would almost ignore it if i were UTK.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Adun posted:

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1752702785609707643

This is pretty interesting because the lawsuit seems to essentially argue that the collectives and the schools are one and the same. Which obviously will beg the question why aren't the schools just paying the players directly and also why some collectives are tax deductible.

Great questions, maybe ones they have pointedly asked!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Vols Bitch

:hmmyes:

vvv: perhaps my dreams of full time college football official aren't so far off at this pace

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 2, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Since we're just listing players here are some of my faves from VT/UTK

Xavier Adibi
Vince Hall
Derrick Hopkins
Jayron Hosely
Ken Ekanem
Ryan Williams
Joshua Dobbs
Arian Foster
Eric Berry
Juaun Jennings

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Radia posted:

finally, someone to replace urban meyer’s rear end I hope

Big Noon Kickoff got a big head so the mouse had to shut it down, sorry you'll just have to avoid Fox Sports to not soil yourself with Urban's greaziness.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Lol sorry buffs fans shurmur is already disliked in the region.

Horrible look for UCLA, your HC left to not be the HC at a program in the conference you're joining. Talk about instantly being considered a second run after thought.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

P Sure UCLA is also financially in a huge hole which is part of why they pushed to get into the B1G early so they'd be able to start paying off their debts with those fat checks. I'm sure they could have spent money, but why when you are assuredly going to be very meh in your new conference for a while anyway. Just eat the bad records until you have the actual financial ability to compete.

Still a terrible look.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm just gonna pop in to say gently caress WVU, those mountaineers suck poo poo

e: NCAA vidya game chat

The old one while it was built with the same graphics engine as Madden at the end, it was not really the same physics model. It was not built on the animations that madden even in 2014 was nearly as much, and the game flat out played faster and the rating scale was completely different from Madden. So while they shared some resources, NCAA was its own dev team and had its own distinct play flavor and operation which is vastly different from madden (i was really loving good at NCAA and could never get the hang of Madden's timing and pace of play).

I do also fear that they will just be importing the madden mechanics, but I sure hope not. They've said they know the actual gameplay needs to feel unique to the game so fingers crossed. The graphics engine is fine to use, its way more about how they implement the physics and play speed to me than a lot of the other bits. That said if they include all the button presses for passing that Madden does now I can't see myself sticking with it cause that shits annoying.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 15, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Madden has been the same unplayable dogshit that looks like a PS4 game for the last 12 years. It needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up which they will never do as long as they have the exclusive license.

I need the NFL to let 2K sports revive their franchise. NFL2k-2k5 were loving amazing games

And yes Madden has been the same unplayable dogshit for yeah at least 12 years.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols keep winning

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I am so loving ready for new NCAA FOOTBALL 25

JesustheDarkLord posted:

The Vol Network has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever

YESSSSS

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I know one of y'all got the Goldy Bitch gif saved for me, right?

nm, found it

https://i.imgur.com/7E7CoiN.mp4

This poo poo is saved on my computer and has moved HDs for like 3 boxes now. CLASSIC

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Pakled posted:

As it goes into in the article, only 20% of jalapenos are sold fresh to consumers, the rest are processed, primarily into salsa. Those manufacturers, being the primary buyers, get to dictate what farmers produce, and what the manufacturers want is consistency. Salsa comes in mild, medium, and hot varieties, and rather than using three different types of pepper to create these, it's cheaper and easier for them to use one line of mild peppers and then add varying amounts of capsaicin extract to create higher-heat products.

Capitalism was a mistake, fake loving salsa my rear end, just gonna keep growing my own

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

There is a very good Mexican spot in Denver that reminds me exactly of the places I would go to in Austin all the time. There can be decent mexican outside of Cali/Texas you'll just have to look harder and try a few duds.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Primarily Denver. The best Mexican food in Colorado pales in comparison to something one could find in Metairie, Louisiana. There just isn't enough spice or flavor.

Taco Unico on S Sheridan Blvd. Legit street tacos, posole, tortas, their green salsa is legit with the spice depth.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Adun posted:

So does FSU have to pay their share of the ACC’s legal fees as well

Don't worry the Saudi's will cover it

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

I broke the news to my wife yesterday that we’re gonna have to buy a PS5 and she was not pleased about that price tag

Edit: AND tomorrow is my birthday so I’m not sure what the issue is

I burned myself badly with my wife buying one, but hey there are deals now it was time to get in before NCAA releases!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm just glad VT football is trending up at the right time to hopefully get us into the super league.

Roundball is about to tank again so yeah

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Weaver was a loving fool to not take the SEC's invite in 11/12 when they took Mizzou instead.

ACC should be easily #3 and instead they cannot decide if they should be last or not. How they didn't push to bring in Oregon/Washington/Stanford/Cal/Utah poo poo throw in the AZ Schools if you want just to bolster the conference is beyond me. Waiting for the scraps to try and stay relevant instead of doing anything to actually solidify their standing. The schools tied an anchor around their necks with the GOR and their collective contract, but holy poo poo I would be upset with the ACC leadership too with how slow and late to everything they've been if I'm a school with a brand (which is at least 1/2 the ACC).

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The most ACC thing to do is to forget about Miami yes, you didn't meet the billing so you're dead to us now GIVE US THE SPACE KNIGHTS

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hokies had a wrestler win a Natty. Only program to bring Natty's to Blacksburg that's an officially sanctioned sport. Go wrestling.

In an ideal world VT would play the following teams annually:
UVA
WVU
Miami
Tennessee
NCSU
PSU

Teams that I would enjoy seeing regularly on the schedule:
GT
UNC
Clemson
Kentucky
Cincy

Teams that I think would be an interesting series/should be revisited more often:
Texas A&M
LSU
FSU
Rutgers

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sash! posted:

The worst part about the pandemic, aside from all those people dying, was that PSU-VT got canned.

We've never even met in a bowl game! Practically the only combination of Mid-Atlantic teams that haven't played.

It remains deeply bizarre given the crossover of foot print, recruiting, and similarity of the institutions (land grant ag schools) that we haven't played EVER.

I was very sad it was just like nixed instead of reset too.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We live in the dumbest timeline, how NIL got rolled out and its ripple effect is proof.

To clairify, NIL itself is not bad, but we live in the dumbest timeline so we got it in the stupidest most poorly designed option.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If we're going back in time for the sport I'll be happy to pop back to like 05/06/07 thanks.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

True Home Field Advantage as no one can handle the lake effect wind and snow. Not even northwestern, the building gets the W as everyone just stays inside for the day.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The clock adjustment last year was perfect as an official. Adding a literal break/stopage at the 2 min point is unnecessary in the college game. Stupid rear end NFL poo poo keep it away ugh.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Seriously, getting turned down by a dude to stay at Cal was one of the more low key humiliating Oregon carousel moments.

The coaching carousel can’t hurt me now that we’ve figured out how to compensate coaches using options, right?

I dunno maybe Wilcox doesn't want to deal with genuine expectations? I could see him feeling like the payday would not be worth the exposure since he has comfortably hung out in the bay area for what feels like forever now being non descriptly not on the hot seat and even when he is it doesn't seem to come to anything. Feels like its more about him than Oregon honestly.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Good for Reggie, dude was one of the best to ever do it in college, travesty to have taken it in the first place. Why should the Heisman group care about the fuckin ncaa?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Grown rear end man getting a free education after he's had a pro career, you love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

I don't think he's committing to college football to get an education :ohdear:

Just being honest in my perhaps optimistic view of why a guy would do this but...

He played in the majors so he ain't doing it for the health care. No NFL team is drafting a nearly 30 year old dude who has a professional career under his belt already, so if not for the education...I don't really see what he'd be going there for?

College girls I guess? NIL can't be that good for him. Arkansas gals are umm not on the same level as Miami or LA beach babes