Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its been really difficult finding reporting on this story that isnt extremely weird, but, as I understand it, a bunch of youths (who may or may not have been undocumented Israelis who were stuck indoors?) got in their head six months ago to dig out tunnels connecting the 770 building to a disused women's dorm also owned by Chabad but on the other corner of the block in order to expand the building. The project had already been brought to a planning board and rejected before but the youths decided that didnt matter. The cops discovered the tunnels a week or two ago and told Chabad they were going to get filled in, and when they showed up the youths fought back until the cops cracked down which is when people started escaping out of sewer grates.

Is that vaguely correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Paranoia, paranoia
Everybody's coming to get me
Just say you never met me
I'm running underground with the mohels, digging holes