Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I haven't ready the books but I liked the first season. I have a few questions:

- Is it ever explained how the SIA figured out it was aliens causing all the problems? They seem to have realized that some time before it's revealed in the show.
- With the known capability of the sophons, how can anyone trust anything that they see or information they receive? How do they know that Will's brain actually went off course? Maybe the sophons just caused their computers to display that data?
- The way older Ye Wenjie is talking about the San-Ti coming to help and save humanity, she seems to have forgotten the pacifict's warning of "we will conquer you". I guess the conversations with the San-Ti convinced her otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

We the viewers are actually shown the problem happening, not just the data display.
OK, I thought that might be the case but I wasn’t sure if it was just supposed to be another illusion or if showing it meant it was real.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

cant cook creole bream posted:

The whole idea of that operation was that the San-Ti would willingly pick up this brain shuttle in order to study it and maybe revive it.
He's a weird kind of interstellar ambassador.
There's no real point in sabotaging the launch when they could just as well ignore the whole thing and let it sail past into eternal nothingness.
Yeah that's a fair point.