Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I enjoyed the series; first thing I think I've binged watched since the first Good Omens. Something about the premise bugs me though. Is it explained how the alien homeworld's system got like that? It couldn't have formed that way. As explained the planet would have been tidally disrupted, ingested or ejected long before even prokaryotes got a chance to form, let alone sentient life. Hell it probably could not have coalesced in the first place unless it formed far away and migrated in or was itself captured. Did the system capture a third star recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
On Saul: I had the impression while watching that he was largely picked as a "lol so random" choice, given the UN Chief's speech just before that spontaneity and unpredictability were selling points of the Wallfacer concept.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
In theory and if you had perfect accuracy and point-like objects... yes, you can work out the instantaneous velocities using Newtonian mechanics and multivariable calculus. But you can't have perfect accuracy down to the quantum (and relativistic) level. There's always going to be some amount of uncertainty, and errors in calculating a general-case n-body system will amplify over time to where you simply can't predict their positions far enough out.