Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
This is the first series since Stranger Things season 1 that I just stumbled upon and ended up staying up late into the night to binge finish. Absolutely addicting show.

Side note: I remember reading about the dark forest theory concerning the topic of the show years ago and had no idea that this was the source material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris posted:

Episode 4:
Why would they break Cheng's cover like that? Just take her in with the others and separate her later. Come on, this is basic stuff.

"The goal is observation, not confrontation. The more you listen to the more we'll know about them."

*couple minutes pass into a speech by the leader of the cult who is still speaking, they bust through the wall anyway*

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is that big head from Silicon Valley?

He's in charge of the day-to-day liaisons.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just finished binge reading the first book and so far I'm fine with this adaptation.

I think a lot of the criticism about the adaptation should lie with the nature of streaming and in particular Netflix, which can be an incredibly mercurial producer to work with. They need to rush some plot poo poo along to get people on the hook to increase Netflix survivors or else they get tossed in the bin.