Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This show felt like some people heard about some cool science/tech concepts and then didn't look into it any further than the idea that it was cool. Like the human computer in the game. "Load program do the mcguffin dot exe". What the hell does that mean to a bunch of people holding signs? Someone heard that a computer is a bunch of 1s and 0s happening so the human computer is a bunch of people rotating their signs back and forth. How do they know when to flip their signs? Who knows, but it looks neat I guess. Then you have the other players in each level that I guess were other scientists from around the world? Why were they such douchebags?

If they make the other seasons I guess I'll watch but this felt like a big let down by the time it ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

Why Oxford was something that bugged me too, not because I had a bee in my bonnet about the setting not being China, but because I couldn't really think of any obvious reason why London specifically was supposed to be this big hub of cutting edge technology. Do they do a lot more sciency stuff there than I realized, or is this more a matter of the showrunners just thought the characters would sound smarter if they had British accents?

The three creators of the show all seem to be Americans, so I think maybe it does come down to the fact that an average person thinks British people sound smart.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Pretty sure the light pollution around Oxford/ wherever they were would have been too much to see many stars.

But it's, like, a pop show translation of a concept dense, dry as rocks novel. I'm fine with it.

It would be hilarious if she was told to look at the sky at midnight and she saw nothing because the light pollution blocked out all the stars and she missed the blinking.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
For shows that they make, Netflix at most will do split seasons several months apart. That's usually for their bigger shows that they want to double dip on the hype cycle. Everything else gets dumped all at once to bring in new subscribers and then is quietly cancelled.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does that have any bearing on the new lego sets coming out? No? Then gently caress off, aliens.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I only know these people as Taskmaster contestants. I saw Guz Khan in The Gentleman and was Leo pointing and whistling.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Also, that one drive can hold petabytes of data apparently?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If they want a real chimp to vomit, just show it the cg effects they would use in its place.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

I did laugh that the thawing process was ten seconds. No more leaving frozen chimps out on the counter top for a whole afternoon!

When you hear the garage door close and realize you forgot to take the chimp out of the freezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Netflix got the wrong slurp juice and mutated their ape poorly.