Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I couldn’t find the pyf thread for funny quotes so I’m just putting one here

No Mods No Masters posted:

Putting on reacher for my dad must be what putting on the gorilla channel is like for trump. Total, instant pacification. I wish I knew such peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Hell, I'm surprised you were able to find one. I'd say call the thread a success and close her down.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t think it would be fair to link my post history op

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there isn't a pyf thread for funny quotes. it's just one guy posting every ban in order, and a bunch of weird arguments

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My favourite goon quote is "I need your money for spine, definitely not for cookies" it's an evergreen classic.

Edit: OP also had a good one at one time.

N. Senada posted:

I am gonna poop my pants
Where do you come up with this stuff? loving gold.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I've accumulated all the good goon quotes here

posted:

Your search is over

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

could be a good thread op. im gonna sticky it for the day and maybe longer if it generates funny content. and Content is king

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

im gonna sticky this threas for the day and if it fails im going to permaban OP

A great quote to showcase the harsh but fair rulings our moderators provide.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

A great quote to showcase the harsh but fair rulings our moderators provide.

:hmmyes: if you play the game of quotes, you win or you die

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

there isn't a pyf thread for funny quotes. it's just one guy posting every ban in order, and a bunch of weird arguments

His name is EorayMel and he's a ChatGPT bot connected to the leper colony DB

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'quote maker'. I'm just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

quote:

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

kntfkr posted:

u hear taylor swift is getting paid a billion dollars to star in disney's anne frank?

kntfkr posted:

she plays young anne frank and chris pratt plays adult anne frank. awkwafina plays the talking diary.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Frog Act posted:

just got a job as a retard masturbator. good thing the australian minimum wage is so high

powerofrecall posted:

so you work from home op?

followed by like a billion people empty quoting powerofrecall. on phone so I'm having trouble directly linking the thread, maybe later

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

quote:

As an european who works with a lot of US folks I can sort of deal with imperial for day-to-day stuff, it's weird but it's not too cumbersome to learn some common round numbers like 70F and 6 feet and 100 feet and whatnot. If it was just that, I could live and let live.

It isn't, though, because once you start to try to actually do stuff with measurements, that's where some specifically American habits drive me absolutely insane with white-hot rage. It starts relatively innocuous, with the obnoxious mixing of power-of-two fractions and decimal fractions - once you get below 1/16", all sorts of trades start preferring talking about "mils" or "thou" (different names for 1/1000th of an inch; the former you hear in PCB design, the latter in machine shops). Specifically in precision machining, you also hear the incredibly confusing "tenths" - that's 1/10,000th of an inch, not 1/10th of an inch. From there it quickly escalates into a loving madhouse full of clowns.

In a metric shop, if I want to drill and tap a hole for a machine screw, say M6x1.0, I know that the tapping drill size for anything I can tap by hand is the nominal diameter (6mm) minus the thread pitch (1.0mm) so I can grab a 5mm drill bit. In an imperial shop, if I want a 5/16"-18 threaded hole (18 is the number of threads per inch), I have to go look at some arcane loving drill chart that informs me that the tapping drill size for this is "F". How big is an "F"? I have no loving idea, but apparently it's 0.2570" according to the chart, which lists a drill nomenclature that starts at 80 (0.0135"), goes down to 1 (0.2280") and then up to Z (0.4130"), in increments that seemingly have no rhyme or reason whatsoever, because clearly this was a system designed to be intuitive and easy to understand.

This rabbithole just goes deeper and deeper into the circles of hell. A 90x45mm piece of lumber is actually 90x45mm (plus or minus a few percentage points of tolerance at a given moisture content), but a 2x4" sure as heck isn't two inches by four inches, because that'd be too obvious. How about sheet metal? Here you specify its thickness in millimeters, because that's how we measure small distances. Measuring two different things the same way just will not fly in America however, so instead of inches we'll use "gauge", which is just some random rear end number that gets bigger for thinner sheets, except it's not the same for different materials so a "12-gauge" sheet of stainless steel is not the same thickness as a "12-gauge" sheet of aluminium, and neither is the same thickness as a "12-gauge" sheet of galvanized steel. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, for zinc the gauge numbers go the other way so thinner sheets have smaller numbers instead. What the gently caress?!?

Oh, you say, it's just old machine shop traditions, America has so much history when it comes to that. Oh, no, the insanity is far deeper rooted than that; there is no escape. Not even in electronics can you be free. Electrical wiring in the metric world is measured by its cross-sectional area in square millimeters, which might seem a bit weird at first, but it makes a lot of sense because that's what determines the resistance of the wire. If you want to double the current without increasing the voltage drop, just double the cross-sectional area of the wire. In America, you've got the American Wire Gauge, which, you guessed it, is yet another meaningless loving number which you have to go look up in a chart, it's of course backwards so higher numbers mean smaller wires, and of course it can't be used for calculations. What about microelectronics then? Well, PCB copper layer thickness could be measured as a distance in micrometers, but it's usually not, because that'd be too obvious - instead it's measured as a weight, in ounces per square foot.

death to america

I lost the source of this one.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

quote:

Richard,

It seems I have underestimated your ability to fail. For that, I apologize. Not to you, but to the people who would enjoyed seeing me tearing your little world apart just that much more. It's a shame, really, that you ignored all of my warnings. Perhaps, if you had just a few brain cells left that weren't circling the bowl, you would have realized how pointless and counterproductive this whole thing was and quit a long time ago.

This little venture of yours has failed on every level. On a personal level, for example, have you noticed that the very people you profess to hate have infested your site? They are utterly devoid of reason, their minds deluded with lies and ignorance. Their perceptions are hard-coded in a language they will never understand. Yet, these empty shells have flocked here, and what's even more amusing about it is, they emulate you.

They've taken the worst things about you, namely your personality and humor, and twisted it into something far more repugnant than even you are capable of being. One bad joke becomes one thousand hideous hybrids, and it spreads like a virus. This is your audience, Richard, and they love you. That isn't very important, though. I am sure you don't care, as long as they're lined up at the trough. What is important, however, is this.

I would guess that you take as much enjoyment as anyone might at seeing these ridiculous business models fail like the insane fantasies they were. The pseudo reality of Internet commerce has finally been perceived for what it is, and the only people left are those who were lucky, smart or both.

Now, being exposed to so much talk of this, for what, like over a loving year now, have you ever stopped to consider how you ever came to the conclusion that a parasite like yourself could possibly hope to survive in this environment? The corporate tit is gone, and you are completely incapable of surviving on your own. You think these failed companies had stupid business models? How about yours?

I knew the advertising market was going to collapse years ago, because it's based on the assumption that banners are effective. Think about it. You are entirely dependant on advertising. yet, the people you try to attract are people who aren't going to click on, let alone buy whatever stupid crap that is being advertised. I am sure most of the clicks you have gotten have been sympathy clicks.

Did you actually think that it was going to last forever? Everybody knows it doesn't loving work, and most sites have to beg their readers to click, just to pay the server bill. Did you think corporations weren't going to notice that no one was buying their products? You're an idiot, Richard, and I sincerely mean that.

The contemptuously stupid decisions you made regarding the various networks you joined don't matter at all because the entire idea was flawed from the start. Enjoy your last moments as a free man. You'll soon be shovelling poo poo for the rest of your life at some nameless corporation, a vacant look forever etched upon your face.

Years from now, when you're no better off than when you started, when it finally hits you that it's all been nothing but a wasted lie, think of me. Think of me, Richard, and when you do, realize that I was the only beacon of logic and truth in this sad menagerie. You seem predestined for failure, however, so I doubt there is anything one can do for you.

Just remember, when the joy is gone, when you're clawing at the boundaries of your little world, you always had a choice.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I shidded and cumded and farded.

-Beefed Owl, just now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Long live King ReOL baby!

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

hey gang, i thinking about making a politics thread. ill see you later

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Hi!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

syntaxfunction posted:

My favourite goon quote is "I need your money for spine, definitely not for cookies" it's an evergreen classic.

gently caress

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Grey Cat posted:

We're talking about belly buttons not penises itt.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

whatever today's date is posted:

Many different users state they do not like or want me posting.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im gay

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Free drad_bert!!!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

for fucks sake posted:

Just to be clear, I'm not a professional 'quote maker'. I'm just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

quote:

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

It's certainly impressive that so many "intelligent" atheists (the 50% with IQs over the average, I suppose) are continuously, unfailingly euphoric in a non-bipolar sense. Indeed, no atheist has ever abused alcohol or drugs in an attempt to suppress the personal unhappiness created by their irreligious belief. And all of the world's population who have religious beliefs (the huge majority) are always deeply unhappy! :bravo:

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 11, 2024

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Slugworth posted:

Hell, I'm surprised you were able to find one. I'd say call the thread a success and close her down.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

N. Senada posted:

I couldn’t find the pyf thread for funny quotes...
It's here...

PYF: Funny Forum Quotes: I feel the same about thread titles

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

It's certainly impressive that so many "intelligent" atheists (the 50% with IQs over the average, I suppose) are continuously, unfailingly euphoric in a non-bipolar sense. Indeed, no atheist has ever abused alcohol or drugs in an attempt to suppress the personal unhappiness created by their irreligious belief. And all of the world's population who have religious beliefs (the huge majority) are always deeply unhappy! :bravo:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
the one where the horse thinks about ants and dies

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Devils Affricate posted:

The man who does not post for fear of probation, has already banned himself

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Whatever happened to dad gay, I missed all that

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

died following complications from back surgery, unfortunately

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

DEAR FURRIES: WE WERE WRONG
06-30-2020 by Phiz Kalifa
Dear god this was an embarrassment to not only this site, but to all mankind

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

laserghost posted:

DEAR FURRIES: WE WERE WRONG
06-30-2020 by Phiz Kalifa
Dear god this was an embarrassment to not only this site, but to all mankind

Blanking that article was the funniest thing Lowtax ever did

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

:(

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

where is this goon quote from

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

aww man for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

where is this goon quote from